Old shrines on the way to Harrisville

Old shrines on the way to Harrisville

Posted in the Oscoda Forum

EAW

Glendale, CA

#1 May 30, 2012
On my last visit up north we were heading from Oscoda toward Harrisville...I think it was on US-23, definitely near the graveyard. There used to be a couple of shrines on the side opposite the lake, just north of that cemetery. One was for the rosary (I think) and one was a little white chapel of the Virgin Mary.

Anyway, they were gone! Were they destroyed, or moved? Does anyone have a background on them? I used to like stopping there and was disappointed to see them missing.
0sc0da 0bserver

Oscoda, MI

#2 Jun 3, 2012
That was Father Stone's house in Greenbush, he passed away about 10 years ago. Whoever bought the house after he passed away removed the shrine.
EAW

Glendale, CA

#3 Nov 26, 2012
0sc0da 0bserver wrote:
That was Father Stone's house in Greenbush, he passed away about 10 years ago. Whoever bought the house after he passed away removed the shrine.
Thank you for the info--

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscoda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ruemenapp v. Oscoda Township et al 22 hr Jimmy Fallon 1
Tawas Jump Town (Dec '09) Jul 3 MITTEN GIRL 3
Thomas Benjamin - Designer - Hale - DO NOT USE (Nov '07) Jul 2 Rambo 8
Info on Christine Beardsley (Jan '12) Jul 1 Got The Picture 82
Oscoda Villages Forum (Aug '11) Jun '16 Wordsmith 38
News Toxic water near old Michigan Air Force base pr... Jun '16 Cadaver 4
News MDHHS to hold community drinking water meetings... Jun '16 Ron 2

Oscoda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance