talk about high light bills

Posted in the Osceola Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Red

Trumann, AR

#1 Jan 22, 2010
I cannot pay my light bill . I will find out what is going on. I could not believe my eyes when I got my light bill in the mail. Osceola has got to be the biggest rip off.$751.63 !!!? Can you believe it? It was high last month $500. or so , I didn't like it but I sucked it up, just paid it and went on. But not this time, there has to be something wrong. I'm talking to someone this time.I'm shell shocked, is anybody else out there in my situation.I need help!!!
meeee

United States

#2 Jan 22, 2010
Mine was over 500!!!!!! everyone I know there light bill more than doubled this month. i know someones who's was 900
Poster

San Antonio, TX

#3 Jan 22, 2010
Im use to paying 189 was paying around that much the whole year until november of last year. Since then its been 377, 323, or jus ranging in the 300's thats damn there doubling my bill too. I dont know what they got going on, but I dont get paid enough for this mess
Bessie

Harrisburg, AR

#5 Jan 22, 2010
Mine was $843.27, that is too much, my bill last month was $340.35. I really believe something is wrong with this picture.
OMG

Trumann, AR

#6 Jan 22, 2010
It's common sense people "TAX TIME" Osceola is the type of town with it's own self-made laws!! In order for you to solve this problem find out who's the "HEAD GUY IN CHARGE" and I aint talking about the guy thats sits in the light office behind the desk!! My bill is 1132.95 and I find it very funny becuase I'll never pay "Osceola Light Company" $1100!! F'em!!! If you don't believe they pocket money for themselves well they do I use to date a woman who worked for them!! Trust me I know
FunGuy

Fort Worth, TX

#7 Jan 22, 2010
Lord, please forgive me for complaining about my $160 light bill; because there are some who have it worst than me! That's outrageous for the city of Osceola to screw people out of their hard earned $$. I live in Dallas in a 2600 sq ft home & my electric bill is 160! Something smells really fishy & the residents of osceola needs to unite & protest against the electric company! You all are in my prayers
faithful

Blytheville, AR

#8 Jan 22, 2010
With everyone losing their jobs and unemployment to the roof how in the world do they honestly expect them to pay this and still be able to put food on the table and not to mention there other bills. God Bless you for still living in this town. I thought our light company was high but good grief I'm so glad I got out of this town. Its ridiculous to rip people off!!!

Marked Tree, AR

#9 Jan 22, 2010
I found out today that my light bill was $400.00 and it just about blew me away because my light bill has never been that high, it has never went over $250.00 and this is just for 1 month, and I'm with entergy, it's making me wonder are they tryig to make extra money off of us or what? I'm seriously my light bill was ridiculous.
we need help

Blytheville, AR

#11 Jan 22, 2010
we all need to start a patition this is stupid.i get 697 a month and my bill is 750 i have not used anything diffrent than normal i am disable and this is wrong we need the govner or someone who cares
OMG

Lake City, AR

#12 Jan 23, 2010
mine is double what it was last month, there is definitley some thing wrong
OMG

Lake City, AR

#13 Jan 23, 2010
what can we do? where do we start,, anyone know??
RIFF OFF

United States

#14 Jan 23, 2010
Mines is over $600 and i went to have mines reread and she told me that that have a different rate in the winter than they have in the summer now whats wrong with that picture, this is bull shit.Last month my bill was 400, what we need is a new mayor
OMG

Lake City, AR

#15 Jan 23, 2010
seems like our light bills would be cheaper, because we have 2 energy plants just built in a 30 mile radius......Osceola and Dell.....whats up with that.... who's gettin the kickbacks?
me says

Lake Charles, LA

#16 Jan 23, 2010
OMG wrote:
what can we do? where do we start,, anyone know??
get on the agenda at the next city council meeting and ask.

The electric company is city owned. You may also be able to get information under the freedom of information act.

You can also call kait8. They recently done a story on electric rates in another town that's way too high.

One thing to consider, the bad cold spell we had around christmas is what did it. With the heavy winds we were having at the same time, it was tough for most heaters to keep things warm causing them to run longer than normal.
food for thought

Blytheville, AR

#17 Jan 23, 2010
RIFF OFF wrote:
Mines is over $600 and i went to have mines reread and she told me that that have a different rate in the winter than they have in the summer now whats wrong with that picture, this is bull shit.Last month my bill was 400, what we need is a new mayor
They do have different rates in winter, but unless I'm mistaken they're supposed to be lower because of less usage in winter. Some people heat with gas and some with wood, but everyone cools in the summer with electricity. Rates are supposed to be lower in the winter because of lower demand. That's what I thought anyway. The cost of natural gas here in the winter is rediculous too. In the near future I'm relocating into the county with Mississippi County Electric. I know people with them who have never had a bill over a hundred.
food for thought

Blytheville, AR

#18 Jan 23, 2010
FunGuy wrote:
Lord, please forgive me for complaining about my $160 light bill; because there are some who have it worst than me! That's outrageous for the city of Osceola to screw people out of their hard earned $$. I live in Dallas in a 2600 sq ft home & my electric bill is 160! Something smells really fishy & the residents of osceola needs to unite & protest against the electric company! You all are in my prayers
Yeah, I feel bad about camplaining about mine too. I know someone who uses their electricity definately less than my household does and their bill is still way higher than mine. It's bad when people have to turn the heat off at night because they cant pay the bill. That's what some people are doing though.
food for thought

Blytheville, AR

#19 Jan 23, 2010
me says wrote:
<quoted text>
get on the agenda at the next city council meeting and ask.
The electric company is city owned. You may also be able to get information under the freedom of information act.
You can also call kait8. They recently done a story on electric rates in another town that's way too high.
One thing to consider, the bad cold spell we had around christmas is what did it. With the heavy winds we were having at the same time, it was tough for most heaters to keep things warm causing them to run longer than normal.
good advice
I heard

Caraway, AR

#21 Jan 23, 2010
I heard that its supposed to get even higher by summer... I dont know how were gonna afford it! something really seems wrong!
Light Bill

Spring Hill, KS

#22 Jan 23, 2010
You guys need to complain because that is waaaayyyy too high for a light bill! I could understand if it were gas included but it is not It's just lights!!!! Call the K8 News!

Since: Nov 07

St charles mo

#23 Jan 23, 2010
There is definitely something wrong with this picture. The power from the Dell plant is not sold to anyone locally, except Dell. The Osceola P.P. energy will not be sold in Arkansas is my understanding. I do hope I'm wrong about that. We put in a propane heater in our back yard to supplement the central heat. It is doing a great job so far, we are able to turn down the unit to 65 at night instead of 69. My across the street neighbor is only home at night, and her heat is turned down to 68 all the time. Her bill is twice mine so I don't think I will complain real loud (yet). Maybe we should all meet downtown and have a tea party for the electrical problems. And make them explain in lay terms just what is going on.

Mona J

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osceola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr --Bad Dad-- 42,239
Archie Thomas 9 hr Citizen 1
Chris Snyder 11 hr Bill 4
Bardstown American greetings Thu guest 2
does any one know lee robinson (Mar '09) Thu lixi 17
fight at american greetings (Nov '10) Wed Helper 46
Places Hiring (Apr '17) Wed geeman 10

Osceola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance