Mars Colony

#2 Jan 23, 2009
none at this time...
juscaususayitpro veit

United States

#3 Jan 23, 2009
isaysobeit wrote:
none at this time...
Wrong again, it was stated in the company meetings this week that 200 workers would be laid off. They would be from Ripley, Bardstown and Osceola but only around 50 from Osceola. Go to the AG website, Imagine, it tells about it also. Hytrol in Jonesboro laying off 200 according to story in Jonesboro Sun today.

“do not feed the trolls”

Since: Nov 08

Mars Colony

#4 Jan 23, 2009
juscaususayitproveit wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again, it was stated in the company meetings this week that 200 workers would be laid off. They would be from Ripley, Bardstown and Osceola but only around 50 from Osceola. Go to the AG website, Imagine, it tells about it also. Hytrol in Jonesboro laying off 200 according to story in Jonesboro Sun today.
nope I am not wrong. No one is getting laid off just shuffled around at the osceola plant at this time. In fact they just hired some order fillers this past week.
Wondering

Bardstown, KY

#5 Jan 23, 2009
Yeah here in Bardstown they are saying all three plants total of 200, here they are saying 100-120 we won't know forsure until next Friday. Best of Luck to ya! What is that website?

Blytheville, AR

#6 Jan 23, 2009
some are getting layed off at ag seen it on chanel 3 on the web
standing in line in 2009

United States

#7 Jan 23, 2009
Hey, I went to the website and it did say 200 would be laid off.
Wondering

Bardstown, KY

#8 Jan 23, 2009
This was in our local paper and this is what I also found on the web, way it sounds most is coming from KY plant. We just keep hearing 100 or 120?

http://layofftracker.blogspot.com/2009/01/ame...
future factory

United States

#9 Jan 23, 2009
isaysobeit wrote:
<quoted text>
nope I am not wrong. No one is getting laid off just shuffled around at the osceola plant at this time. In fact they just hired some order fillers this past week.
they were temps and it's ok to be wrong.
SUNSHINE

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Jan 23, 2009
and they all JUST got a raise!!!
could be

Lake Charles, LA

#11 Jan 23, 2009
isaysobeit could be right, at this time they are only going to eliminate positions not people - depending if they want to go to order filling or not. At least this is what they said in their plant wide meetings.

“do not feed the trolls”

Mars Colony

#12 Jan 23, 2009
future factory wrote:
<quoted text>they were temps and it's ok to be wrong.
all new hires are temps whether hired through the temp service or by hr. The only difference is starting pay and who is paying.
me-know

United States

#13 Jan 23, 2009
Dave said 50 Osceola manufacturing jobs.maybe in jitl 26 or 30 because they have a higher turn over rate.we toke that as they would quit or get fired for missing days he said come too work.
what

Osceola, AR

#14 Jan 23, 2009
isaysobeit wrote:
<quoted text>
all new hires are temps whether hired through the temp service or by hr. The only difference is starting pay and who is paying.
this makes no sense, "who is paying"
me-know

United States

#15 Jan 23, 2009
what wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true !you have 3 months or 90 days if you miss two days they will and can let you go no questions ask! read it again.
me-know

United States

#16 Jan 23, 2009
the only difference is. Who is getting the pay.you are the temp.service

“do not feed the trolls”

Mars Colony

#17 Jan 23, 2009
what wrote:
<quoted text>
if you are hired through a temp service the temp service pays you. If you are a temp hire by hr, then ag pays you.

“do not feed the trolls”

Mars Colony

#18 Jan 23, 2009
could be wrote:
isaysobeit could be right, at this time they are only going to eliminate positions not people - depending if they want to go to order filling or not. At least this is what they said in their plant wide meetings.
lets not forget they will not be replacing those who quit or take other jobs from job postings. Those who go to order filling or packaging will be taking pay cuts.

AG has a high turnover rate because of missing days, not making standard, or some finding out they actually have to do some work at times.

That is why I am saying there may not be any layoffs unless not wanting a lower position.

But who knows, the plant could close next week.
new age ag worker

Bardstown, KY

#19 Jan 24, 2009
bardtown ag worker here i cant understand why we got so many new machines and now we getting laid off we got like 2 new die cutters and the 3 new packaging lines
nosey

United States

#20 Jan 24, 2009
They could do random drug testing and they wouldn't have to have any layoff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osceola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Greetings (Oct '08) 22 min guest 126
Opar 1 hr Victor 5
moving back to Arkansas but which two should I ... 2 hr geeman 12
have u seen 4 hr Jaz 22
Sarah Chilton 9 hr jealousmuch 5
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 9 hr Guest19 30,815
Do you know Jesus? (Jun '08) Thu gab 15,868
More from around the web

Osceola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE