Arkansas EBT Card Paying for junk food

Posted in the Osceola Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Johnny

United States

#1 Aug 6, 2011
Ever go in a convenience store & get in line behind someone who is buying several bags of chips, candy bars, ice cream, sodas & other types of junk food? It usually is some unhealthy fatty. Then you think to yourself, how can someone eat that much junk food? Then presto they pull out a Arkansas EBT Card to pay for it. It burns my ass to see my tax dollars paying for unhealthy nonessential junk food. The state of Arkansas should not allow the purchase of these items. The law should be changed where they can not make these types of purchases. The law should only allow for the purchase of nutritional not junk food. Might help save the taxpayer some money on their healthcare bill that we are also paying
Agree

Frisco, TX

#2 Aug 6, 2011
Johnny wrote:
Ever go in a convenience store & get in line behind someone who is buying several bags of chips, candy bars, ice cream, sodas & other types of junk food? It usually is some unhealthy fatty. Then you think to yourself, how can someone eat that much junk food? Then presto they pull out a Arkansas EBT Card to pay for it. It burns my ass to see my tax dollars paying for unhealthy nonessential junk food. The state of Arkansas should not allow the purchase of these items. The law should be changed where they can not make these types of purchases. The law should only allow for the purchase of nutritional not junk food. Might help save the taxpayer some money on their healthcare bill that we are also paying
Go to Jr food Mart in the morning before school starts and you will see alot more of this
whodababydaddy

Trumann, AR

#3 Aug 6, 2011
donts you be worried about whats i eats.
just keep working and paying those taxes and we will keeps making babies.
i likes my life and obamas like to sees me feed good.
intrested

Blytheville, AR

#4 Aug 6, 2011
Johnny wrote:
dang dude u never want something sweet and there might be other people there buyin for not just to eat it there selfs get the crap over it its not gonna change tired of hearin this crap
retired teacher

Trumann, AR

#5 Aug 6, 2011
So true kids sell there free lunch tickets for half price and still get lunch for losing them as they report. They also get onto the schools for having obese students. One day the parents will be arrested for neglect. Your are beginning to seee that on the news. Some states are going to start taking away children whose parents can not get their children's weight under control. I know that is one one of Mrs. Obama's issues is healthy eating and my congressman has said that is coming down the pipe as to what will they will be able to buy with the card. Praise the Lord!!!
Captain Redneck

Trumann, AR

#6 Aug 6, 2011
That sure is right. Folks act like they know all kinds of things about somebody because they see an ebt card.I even had a feller huffin and blowin one time at my card...until he realized it was a debit card.He went to laughin and tellin me what he thought about me gettin all that stuff on food stamps and didn't I know what he meant? Well,yeah, I knew exactly what he meant and didn't think much of it or him either.The money "we" spend on food stamps,the projects and whatnot to make sure the poorest of our neighbors,even the lazy ones, don't starve or live outdoors don't amount to anything next to what "we" give to corporations or spend on keeping Europe,half of asia and now the middle east protected.And folks like Johnny and you and me for the most part don't pay in near what they get back out either. It just aint on display like an food stamp card is.Livin on assistance aint the big party some folks make it out to be,if you don't believe it then give it a try sometime.

Fort Worth, TX

#7 Aug 6, 2011
Captain Redneck wrote:
That sure is right. Folks act like they know all kinds of things about somebody because they see an ebt card.I even had a feller huffin and blowin one time at my card...until he realized it was a debit card.He went to laughin and tellin me what he thought about me gettin all that stuff on food stamps and didn't I know what he meant? Well,yeah, I knew exactly what he meant and didn't think much of it or him either.The money "we" spend on food stamps,the projects and whatnot to make sure the poorest of our neighbors,even the lazy ones, don't starve or live outdoors don't amount to anything next to what "we" give to corporations or spend on keeping Europe,half of asia and now the middle east protected.And folks like Johnny and you and me for the most part don't pay in near what they get back out either. It just aint on display like an food stamp card is.Livin on assistance aint the big party some folks make it out to be,if you don't believe it then give it a try sometime.
So true!

Since: Sep 10

Osceola Ark.

#8 Aug 6, 2011
Johnny wrote:
Hey Johnny ,you be worried bout the wrong thing there, how much money do you get back on income tax a year? I pay taxes and I dont care how they spend it.Now here is what you do and it will keep you from getting upset about the EBT card program.Find you some people thats on dope or is an alcholic and you can get 300.00 dollars worth of food for like a hundred dollar bill,
kml

Blytheville, AR

#9 Aug 6, 2011
I think it is crazy to worry about how somebody purchase something. If you have a card, oh well. I personally dont care what anyone buys. I buy junkfood and im sure half of you that are complaining do as well. But jusr because you have an ebt i guess you dont deserve it huh? Whatever! I work everyday and i honestly dnt care where my tax go. Hell cant b no worse than what the gov do with it. Take out all that stuff out your check and will never see it or get to draw it. People tickles me getting mad because people have ebt cards and they dont, but if u had to get one and someone said those things about you or mistreated you, you would swear its discrimination. Well thats what you are doing, discriminating and stereotyping. Smh laughing. I'd rather see you purchase food with a ebt card, coupon or whatever rather than starve or let your family suffer for whatever reason.#promote love not hate. Stupidity is contagious. So is love.

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#10 Aug 6, 2011
as far as people getting mad at someone having ebt card, I have gotten mad. There are honest people out there that really need it and there are some that don't but get it. You ever get behind someone who was doing grocery shopping, not have enough on their ebt card, then pull out a wad of hundreds to pay the rest, then drive off in an expensive late model car. what would you think?
Johnny

United States

#11 Aug 6, 2011
geeman wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Johnny ,you be worried bout the wrong thing there, how much money do you get back on income tax a year? I pay taxes and I dont care how they spend it.Now here is what you do and it will keep you from getting upset about the EBT card program.Find you some people thats on dope or is an alcholic and you can get 300.00 dollars worth of food for like a hundred dollar bill,
Zero, and aa for participating in a illegal scheme that you mention. Not a chance. Just another example of the mentality in this area. Everyone wants something for nothing or from the taxpayer

Since: Sep 10

Osceola Ark.

#12 Aug 6, 2011
kml wrote:
I think it is crazy to worry about how somebody purchase something. If you have a card, oh well. I personally dont care what anyone buys. I buy junkfood and im sure half of you that are complaining do as well. But jusr because you have an ebt i guess you dont deserve it huh? Whatever! I work everyday and i honestly dnt care where my tax go. Hell cant b no worse than what the gov do with it. Take out all that stuff out your check and will never see it or get to draw it. People tickles me getting mad because people have ebt cards and they dont, but if u had to get one and someone said those things about you or mistreated you, you would swear its discrimination. Well thats what you are doing, discriminating and stereotyping. Smh laughing. I'd rather see you purchase food with a ebt card, coupon or whatever rather than starve or let your family suffer for whatever reason.#promote love not hate. Stupidity is contagious. So is love.
thank you I agree with you 100%,if a person gets it then I could care less what they buy,none of my business.But to some people like johnny you don't here them complaining about the Govnt. spending on unecessary trips,and big dinner's spending like a thousand dollars for just each plate to eat out of and it is just crazy how much they spend foolishly.
I like snacks

Little Rock, AR

#13 Aug 6, 2011
I for one am glad that the needy get help in buying food. We are going to have to pay taxes no matter what and I have no objection to helping the truly needy. If they also want some chips, candy, soft drinks sometimes, so what? Have a heart. Don't be too quick to judge...

#14 Aug 6, 2011
geeman wrote:
<quoted text>thank you I agree with you 100%,if a person gets it then I could care less what they buy,none of my business.But to some people like johnny you don't here them complaining about the Govnt. spending on unecessary trips,and big dinner's spending like a thousand dollars for just each plate to eat out of and it is just crazy how much they spend foolishly.
I have mixed feelings about this. Yes they should have the right to buy some junk food every once in a while but they really should eat healthy since taxpayers will also have to foot their medical bills that results from bad eating habits.

As far as the government spending, its griped and complain about all the time but nothing gets done.

#15 Aug 6, 2011
I like snacks wrote:
I for one am glad that the needy get help in buying food. We are going to have to pay taxes no matter what and I have no objection to helping the truly needy. If they also want some chips, candy, soft drinks sometimes, so what? Have a heart. Don't be too quick to judge...
then we have to pay the medical bills...so have a heart for us taxpayers.
julia

United States

#16 Aug 6, 2011
it better they buy snacks or junk food then tobacco products some folks will smoke and drink before they buy their kids any kind of food or snacks. so if obama mrs wants to cut obesty telll them to cut our SMOKES AND DRINKS SINCE THAT IS WORSE THEN SNACKS......
dont care

Manila, AR

#17 Aug 6, 2011
You know its cheaper to buy snacks than healthy food. If they want our children healthy than make them affordable. But, let me make myself clear if it came down to my kids starving you bet your sweet ass I would be applying. And you wouldn't be telling me,what ,Im going to buy. I have payed in my taxes as well. I know some don't deserves it bc they drive an old geed up car or borrowed there parents or neighbors cars. And the money they pull out is drug money, but let me tell u what they do, they don't have all that money to front with they will get a big bill put it on top of ones, fives, tens. Let's not be so quick to judge everybody. But yes I agree some do abuse the system is that they fault? No its the governments.

#18 Aug 6, 2011
dont care wrote:
You know its cheaper to buy snacks than healthy food. If they want our children healthy than make them affordable. But, let me make myself clear if it came down to my kids starving you bet your sweet ass I would be applying. And you wouldn't be telling me,what ,Im going to buy. I have payed in my taxes as well. I know some don't deserves it bc they drive an old geed up car or borrowed there parents or neighbors cars. And the money they pull out is drug money, but let me tell u what they do, they don't have all that money to front with they will get a big bill put it on top of ones, fives, tens. Let's not be so quick to judge everybody. But yes I agree some do abuse the system is that they fault? No its the governments.
you need to take your own advise. If I said it was a wad of hundreds, it was a wad of hundreds. from top to bottom - I was there and I know what I saw. You were not there you have absolutely no idea of what I saw. You should be the one not so quick...

as far as the car, I happened to know it was their car else I would not have mentioned it, again you should not be so quick...

as far as whether or not purchasing snacks is cheaper. Well, it is not!!!

I think people should be told what they could and could not buy when using the ebt card. Maybe the government could take the ebt card and create a rationing system where those who get it must purchase a percentage of meats, vegetables, and milk with it. In addition, make it the cheap brands, not the high priced brands so more can be purchased with the money.
kml

Blytheville, AR

#19 Aug 7, 2011
Idc what they pull out. When you get done gripping and complaining nothing is going to change. Ik some is scheming but so is other people just in a different way. I will never get mad if u use the card then pull out cash hell i dont even be looking that hard. Mind your own business. Thats the problem today. Something as simple as a ebt card worries you. When the recession hit, couldnt beat people just like yall applying for all assistance possible. Damn card couldnt come fast enough. Now it getting better you want to judge and try and tell them what to buy. The gov already is in your biz enuff. U mite think you want to give them that power until you have to wear that shoe. All i am saying is this is stupid. You dont know anyones story on why they get what they get you just assume that if their not old then they shouldnt get them. Disabilities comes n all ages colors and sizes. Some of those people prob work and are still eligible to get stamps, others get checks on the first (stack of hundreds), some are fraud. So how do you know who is who. I have a cousin who works and still get them legitly. So if you get behind her, how would you judge? Prob huff n puff, call her lazy. My point is YOU DONT KNOW ANYONES STORY! GET REAL PEOPLE!
Question

United States

#20 Aug 7, 2011
Tell me how to get one. I could use some help. My retirement social security check, after paying medicare cost out of it is only $375. What do they consider as income? My family is helping me right now but that could change very fast due to the economy. Do they look at 40lk, which I cannot draw yet without penalties?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osceola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
when mcdonalds moving 15 hr guest 2
epic restaurant 20 hr me just saying 3
Utility tractor stolen from Machine Shop (Sep '15) Sun Osceola 32
Dewayne Brothers 2nd Sun Old Friend 1
fight at american greetings (Nov '10) Sat In the know 42
Why do we even pay OLP for mosquito control Sat Wth 7
Jerry Henry and Kita Goodlow Sat Really 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Osceola Mortgages