mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

I'm looking for affordable beauty tips. I have been raising 3 kids for the last 12yrs. Now I would like to get back to me. I just lost 30 lbs and need new outfits and would like to change my style. Any tips?
Check it out

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

There are a lot of free beauty tips on Google...hair styles, clothes for different body shapes, makeup, etc.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Check it out wrote:
There are a lot of free beauty tips on Google...hair styles, clothes for different body shapes, makeup, etc.
Here's a beauty tip that I learned from an elderly friend of mine. As you know face cleaning is everything, especially down right scrubbing. She (and me) never use soap on our faces. Instead we use ponds cold creme. And of course that's expensive. She told me that there was times in her life that something for her sons came before buying expensive cold creme. So she used Vaseline instead. I've tried it and it leaves your skin velvety smooth. Shes 90 years old now, and her skin still looks good. I was glad to get that tip. <smile>
Inexpensive

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Think it was Lauren Bacall who told an interviewer that she put lard on her face at night. Guess she applied it and wiped the excess off with a warm washcloth. Another older woman with beautiful skin said she applied buttermilk every night. The vaseline is great also. It can be used also to remove eye makeup and as a lip balm. Lemon juice is good for fading dark spots. A lot of the expensive cosmetics as well as lower priced, have too many chemicals which are bad for us. I use them very sparingly.
TRISH

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Yes shortening is also good for a babys butt when it gets sore under a diaper.
Agree

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

A lot of babies don't get their diapers changed as often with the newer throw aways, which can cause bad cases of painful diaper rash. Vaseline or shortening can help prevent this.
mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Thanks ladies!
candy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

I went to the mail in Dillards and let the cosmic girls make me over.
Demon Deacon

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Still have to have a good foundation, to get the best results. Even with the war paint on top.
be cool man

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

sprinkle some kitty poopoo pellets on cheeks and presto, instant babe!
wonderful experience

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

Yes it always feels so good to get yourself back to looking good after devoting yourself to your family. Us women sometimes forget to treat and take care of ourselves when our children are young..I recently started going to new shop in Keiser, Jessicas Salon and treating myself to facials and wow what a difference the girl there is amazing!!!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2012

wonderful experience wrote:
Yes it always feels so good to get yourself back to looking good after devoting yourself to your family. Us women sometimes forget to treat and take care of ourselves when our children are young..I recently started going to new shop in Keiser, Jessicas Salon and treating myself to facials and wow what a difference the girl there is amazing!!!!
I may go see Jessica's Salon. I need to do something nice for myself.
wonderful experience

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Judged:

Stella One wrote:
<quoted text>
I may go see Jessica's Salon. I need to do something nice for myself.
Yes you should!!! She is a sweet girl and prices are very reasonable. I treat myself once a month. I used to drive all the way to memphis for spa treatments but now I dont have to travel as far and the prices are less than half of what you pay in Memphis or Jonesboro

Since: Jan 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

I think these 7 tips will help you to looks healthy and beautiful naturally:-

• Avoid all unhealthy foods that have been processed or fried, as well as those with a high fat content. Say no to potato chips, pizzas, greasy hamburgers and other similar bad food.

• Start consuming vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for your skin’s health. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, fish and proteins in your regular diet.

• Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and eliminate colas and other sugar-sweetened carbonated beverages, as well as coffee and alcohol.

• Water will keep your skin hydrated and flush toxins out of your body.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Osceola Forum right now

Search the Osceola Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 hr Obama care 29,069
edwardfreeman 8 hr lisa 19
Big River Steel (Jan '14) 9 hr Lol 115
Larry Bowen and Sondra Windord 9 hr Guest 15
Christie Harris (Jul '13) 17 hr Prettyface 16
Do you know Jesus? (Jun '08) 18 hr guest 14,921
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 22 hr How Is The Fish 9,795
•••
•••
•••
•••

Osceola Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Osceola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••