Travis gets life sentence for 2005 ki...

Travis gets life sentence for 2005 killing in Osceola

There are 213 comments on the Jonesboro Sun story from Aug 11, 2006, titled Travis gets life sentence for 2005 killing in Osceola. In it, Jonesboro Sun reports that:

Saturday, August 12, 2006 Travis gets life sentence for 2005 killing in Osceola By Stan Mitchell BLYTHEVILLE -- A Mississippi County jury returned a guilty verdict Friday in the case of an Osceola man on trial ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jonesboro Sun.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
CLASS OF 1990

AOL

#1 Aug 13, 2006
now he dids to be charged with the 1998 murder of ROY WELLS if anybody cares
Mississippi County

Lake City, AR

#2 Aug 13, 2006
Please tell us more about this, im not familiar with this but I will look it up. Maybe if you get enough persons interested something can be done.
class of 1990

Capron, IL

#3 Aug 15, 2006
ROY WELLS was A & B student from Blytheville high school,who went to college. He was murder in blytheville in 1998.The word on the street is travis did it! but because they think drugs where involved BLYTHEVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT does not care. But the class of 1990 does and also his mom cares!
Jay

Galesburg, IL

#4 Aug 18, 2006
class of 1990 wrote:
ROY WELLS was A & B student from Blytheville high school,who went to college. He was murder in blytheville in 1998.The word on the street is travis did it! but because they think drugs where involved BLYTHEVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT does not care. But the class of 1990 does and also his mom cares!
If the BPD doesn't care then you and others like you with any information concerning the circumstances of the killing need to report it to the STATE Police. The sooner the better because as more time passes, evidence, witnesses, etc. will decrease. I knew J W and I knew Kenny fom when I lived in the area. Sad situation. Hope you can get enough help to pursue the death of Roy Wells.
bobo

Monroeville, PA

#5 Aug 18, 2006
this town smells of shit and whiskey
Cris D

AOL

#6 Aug 18, 2006
If he gets enought time for J.W murder in do time he will talk so I will not have too !
big chuck

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Aug 21, 2006
i have read in the paper that this killing is not his only one..they say it the big five for him...i "beleive" he as killed at least two more
class of 1990

Capron, IL

#8 Aug 25, 2006
put their names out there so they can see if it was the same gun
Ron

Des Moines, IA

#9 Sep 17, 2006
I understand Kenny said he would talk and cooperate with Federal investigators. Sounds like he was involved in or knows some things that will involve some well known names. Keep an ear out for details and please post as anything develops.
wells98

Chandler, AZ

#10 Oct 7, 2006
Mississippi County wrote:
Please tell us more about this, im not familiar with this but I will look it up. Maybe if you get enough persons interested something can be done.
The information about the case is at the BPD. When people were coming with information one of the investigators was trying to turn the situation into a drug bust instead of solving a murder!!! BLYTHEVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT is NOT concerned about blacks killing blacks!!!!! It's all about making a drug bust. Roy has been dead for 8yrs now and BPD still hasn't done a thing. Roy was a son, father and brother and had many friends. He was not a bad person. I feel that more (much) could have been done and if BPD couldn't solve the murder then they should have asked the FBI to step in. They do for other murders, why not the murder of Roy Wells? Makes you wonder!!!!!!
wells98

Chandler, AZ

#11 Oct 7, 2006
Cris D wrote:
If he gets enought time for J.W murder in do time he will talk so I will not have too !
If you know something, why would you not talk? Do you have something to hide? What if it was one of your relatives that was killed, would you want people withholding information? You can hide from people but you can't hide from GOD!!!!!! God says that there are no secrets, what's done in the dark will come to the light! Remember that
sam

Okolona, AR

#12 Oct 11, 2006
CLASS OF 1990 wrote:
now he dids to be charged with the 1998 murder of ROY WELLS if anybody cares
roy wells was brutlely murdered and he should be charged
sam

Okolona, AR

#13 Oct 11, 2006
wells98 wrote:
<quoted text>
The information about the case is at the BPD. When people were coming with information one of the investigators was trying to turn the situation into a drug bust instead of solving a murder!!! BLYTHEVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT is NOT concerned about blacks killing blacks!!!!! It's all about making a drug bust. Roy has been dead for 8yrs now and BPD still hasn't done a thing. Roy was a son, father and brother and had many friends. He was not a bad person. I feel that more (much) could have been done and if BPD couldn't solve the murder then they should have asked the FBI to step in. They do for other murders, why not the murder of Roy Wells? Makes you wonder!!!!!!

i feel the same way. blytheville police don't care. they only want the money i, i feel they could have done more but they didn't.if i could sue i would. knowing that he was my kin makes me mad to even think about it.
citizen

United States

#14 Oct 11, 2006
sam wrote:
<quoted text>
i feel the same way. blytheville police don't care. they only want the money i, i feel they could have done more but they didn't.if i could sue i would. knowing that he was my kin makes me mad to even think about it.
And what money are you referring to?
wells98

Chandler, AZ

#15 Oct 18, 2006
sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you? I'm related to Roy but I don't know you!
JOSEPH RODRIGUEZ

Idaho Falls, ID

#16 Oct 19, 2006
LET HIM BE PUNISHED HARD
shellie

United States

#17 Jan 31, 2007
Cris D wrote:
Y u want talk I heard u had sum thing to do wit it
shellie

United States

#18 Jan 31, 2007
cris d

Y u want talk i heard u had sum thing to do wit it
shellie

Little Rock, AR

#19 Feb 6, 2007
to wells98 whoever u r cris d had something to do with it i believe
Joe

AOL

#20 Apr 13, 2007
bobo wrote:
this town smells of shit and whiskey
Hate to correct you but crack and malt liquor better fits Osceola AR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osceola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 min Bad Bart 40,830
wondering 1 hr yep 1
Nancy Edlemon (Sep '15) 9 hr The one you lied ... 8
Taxes 20 hr Town square 3
cops at ag 21 hr geeman 9
Plumber Man 21 hr geeman 3
Test Nov 15 guest 2

Osceola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance