Hundreds of New Jobs Coming to Northe...

Hundreds of New Jobs Coming to Northeast Arkansas

There are 17 comments on the MyEyeWitnessNews.com story from Sep 13, 2011, titled Hundreds of New Jobs Coming to Northeast Arkansas. In it, MyEyeWitnessNews.com reports that:

Hundreds of new jobs are coming to northeast Arkansas. Call it the beginning of a turnaround.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MyEyeWitnessNews.com.

Robert

United States

#1 Sep 16, 2011
So what. Osceola could get 5000 new jobs & they would not live here due to OL&P & crime!!
osceola resident

Trumann, AR

#2 Sep 16, 2011
i dont wants a job.
the govt will stop my check.
the real deal

United States

#3 Sep 17, 2011
That's hundreds of jobs for the temp services to dole out!
bhaa

Brookland, AR

#4 Sep 18, 2011
who they gonna get to work around here.folks gonna work a week or two and quit so it wont mess up their gov assistance.ppl around here who want to work already have a job and nobody in their right mind would dare move to this junk hole.
Hopeful

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Sep 18, 2011
I have a house for sale. Hope someone takes one of these jobs and buys it soon!
jack

United States

#6 Sep 20, 2011
Hopeful wrote:
I have a house for sale. Hope someone takes one of these jobs and buys it soon!
What are you smoking. when they see the projects & the lowlifes that have taken over the town they will buy somewhere else just like most people who work here. Go to the court house & look at what it is appraised at then cut that price in half & you might find some fool to buy it. I do not care how much renovation you have done. Your house is worth nothing here. If it is paid for cut your loses & run.
common

United States

#7 Oct 2, 2011
U ppl down osceola an the ppl in it so much its pitiful, if its dat bad y haven't u moved. But to b honest its the opd an the ppl that's in the office that's killin the town, they dun trained the rookies to mess with ppl, can't even take a ride without gettin stopped for nothing. Wat is the point of putting super d's in osceola we have enuf drug stores, hell the ones we gat how bout u donate sum money an make them betta. Wats going on with makin the super walmart, how bout betta clothing an shoe stores, building betta homes that's reasonible for the community bcuz harshmen killin, how bout lowering the light bills bcuz the powerplant don't get none of its power energy from osceola, we need sum betta business bcuz quality garage ain't full of nothing but a lot of shady trees an the owner swear he dnt know shyt about nothing jes sum rip offs, str8 messed up my kar unplugging shyt an clipping wires dat dnt need to be cut. Wat about improving the hospital the e.r. is ripoffs I went fa a bad headcold they did nuthing but gave me a high ass bill an drew a lot of blood like they really doin sumn, I shuldve went an gat sum thermaflu. An for my ending thought osceola is not fina be an all white town its mostly black so stop an everybody know that you all want all tha business to be going toward the interstate way an everything ova tha tracks y'all want to be made fields.
Suggestion

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Oct 4, 2011
common wrote:
U ppl down osceola an the ppl in it so much its pitiful, if its dat bad y haven't u moved. But to b honest its the opd an the ppl that's in the office that's killin the town, they dun trained the rookies to mess with ppl, can't even take a ride without gettin stopped for nothing. Wat is the point of putting super d's in osceola we have enuf drug stores, hell the ones we gat how bout u donate sum money an make them betta. Wats going on with makin the super walmart, how bout betta clothing an shoe stores, building betta homes that's reasonible for the community bcuz harshmen killin, how bout lowering the light bills bcuz the powerplant don't get none of its power energy from osceola, we need sum betta business bcuz quality garage ain't full of nothing but a lot of shady trees an the owner swear he dnt know shyt about nothing jes sum rip offs, str8 messed up my kar unplugging shyt an clipping wires dat dnt need to be cut. Wat about improving the hospital the e.r. is ripoffs I went fa a bad headcold they did nuthing but gave me a high ass bill an drew a lot of blood like they really doin sumn, I shuldve went an gat sum thermaflu. An for my ending thought osceola is not fina be an all white town its mostly black so stop an everybody know that you all want all tha business to be going toward the interstate way an everything ova tha tracks y'all want to be made fields.
LEARN TO SPELL!
optomistic

Blytheville, AR

#9 Oct 4, 2011
common wrote:
Osceola will never get any better if people continually run it down..Who would want to buy anything here if all it gets is negative publicity...
Options

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Oct 4, 2011
Can always move to Wilson. At least it's clean and safe.
jerry

United States

#11 Oct 5, 2011
Osceola will never get any better as long as the projects & hud dominate the housing market. Remember the project are full of criminals that leach off the leaches that leach off the taxpayer. Osceola is broke as the result of poor business decisions made by our civic leaders. Our light bills are going through the roof because of the power plant deal. It is a big mess that they will not talk about. The City is shaking down employees to get them to pay their electric bills they can not afford based on the salaries they make. They are going to start garnishing wages to get them to pay. You must remember most city employees are uneducated & make roughly $10 an hour. Not even a living wage. Only the department head make the green working for the City & that is a fact.
hospital bill

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Oct 6, 2011
Did the city ever get any money out of Ameris? That bunch of lowlifes left a huge bill when they left town. Politics.
jerry

United States

#14 Oct 6, 2011
hospital bill wrote:
Did the city ever get any money out of Ameris? That bunch of lowlifes left a huge bill when they left town. Politics.
That is a good question & I do not know the answer. The city probably does not want us to know. The county taking over the hospital in Osceola is another black hole. I'm sure the next step will be to raise property tax again to keep it open even though the facility could not do anything for you if you have a serious medical condition. They will just send you to Memphis or Jonesboro. The hospital in Osceola is nothing more than a place to recover from treatment from another hospital. A big waste of money. They have no modern testing equipment & the place is filthy. People just show up @ the emergency room for frivolous aliments or to have a bandage changed. My dog's vet hospital is cleaner than that place. The doctors there could not diagnose a cold.
jerry

United States

#15 Oct 6, 2011
optomistic wrote:
<quoted text>Osceola will never get any better if people continually run it down..Who would want to buy anything here if all it gets is negative publicity...
The facts are the facts. You can not sugar coat it. We have a City hall that is in disarray and electric bills that are off the chart. The town is infested with criminals, welfare types, and housing projects. Lets be honest; would you want to raise your kids in this environment & send them to school in Osceola? I know I would not. No informed parent would.
Just Saying

United States

#16 Oct 6, 2011
optomistic wrote:
<quoted text>Osceola will never get any better if people continually run it down..Who would want to buy anything here if all it gets is negative publicity...
There is nothing to buy here. Only ghetto food & welfare products.
False

United States

#17 Oct 6, 2011
jerry wrote:
Osceola will never get any better as long as the projects & hud dominate the housing market. Remember the project are full of criminals that leach off the leaches that leach off the taxpayer. Osceola is broke as the result of poor business decisions made by our civic leaders. Our light bills are going through the roof because of the power plant deal. It is a big mess that they will not talk about. The City is shaking down employees to get them to pay their electric bills they can not afford based on the salaries they make. They are going to start garnishing wages to get them to pay. You must remember most city employees are uneducated & make roughly $10 an hour. Not even a living wage. Only the department head make the green working for the City & that is a fact.
Some do make that, But drive by FD some time and look at those expense trucks they all drive some are over 40k believe I know I've looked at one so they got to make more than 10 and hour no way u can pay for a house and a truck like that...
Just Saying

United States

#18 Oct 6, 2011
False wrote:
<quoted text>
Some do make that, But drive by FD some time and look at those expense trucks they all drive some are over 40k believe I know I've looked at one so they got to make more than 10 and hour no way u can pay for a house and a truck like that...
I'm not talking about the OPD Officers & FD. I'm talking about the smuck on a truck & offic workers. Yes OPD officers & FD are on an entirely different retirement deal(LIFA) & are paid so so but not the smuck on garbage truck. The city's retirement plan stinks for all others. Yea the clowns at the OPD & FD have new trucks & cars but I bet they do not own them outright. Most spend more than they can afford. With the limited hours they work they have another job or businesses on the side. Remember the FD works 24 on & 48 hours off a good deal. I agree with you on that point. The FD is the best paying easy job in the city. The OPD officers work 7 out of a 14 day period. A sweet deal as well

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osceola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mcdonalds 2 hr guest 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr --Bad Dad-- 40,909
Plumber Man 5 hr geeman 5
One eye( Shanta Seals) 7 hr Guest 2
News Residents concerned over highway near Wilson Wed not good 1
wondering Nov 21 yep 1
cops at ag Nov 20 geeman 9

Osceola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance