Portis murder investigation still active

Portis murder investigation still active

There are 21 comments on the Salina Journal story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Portis murder investigation still active. In it, Salina Journal reports that:

“That's really all I can tell you. We're still inundated with things, and we're filtering through the tips and doing follow-up.”

' At any given time, up to 15 law enforcement officers might be working on the investigation into the March 25 murder of Jeffery "Scott" Noel, 55 - ' tracking down vehicles, questioning possible suspects or ... via Salina Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salina Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shane N

Salina, KS

#1 Apr 27, 2008
I take it there has been no new information.I hope they find these guys.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Apr 28, 2008
Do you really think they will catch anyone. I don't...and that is what is sad
Lesley

Dayton, OH

#3 Apr 29, 2008
Yes I think they will catch them.. have faith. That is what the Noel family needs. I am from Osborne and most of my family still lives there. The Noel family has faith. That is what people in Portis and Osborne do for each other...

Location hidden

#4 Apr 29, 2008
I have faith...However it has been a month. It is now out of the news (Hays Daily, Salina, Wichita, etc) and nothing in the local either. I still think of Carol and the kids and hope they do catch whoever did this but I am not holding my breath for it to happen.
Shane N

Salina, KS

#5 May 1, 2008
I have faith as well, but as we all know when too much time goes by many of these kind of cases go cold.Hopefully, they will speak of it to the wrong person, be in a bar drinking and say something while drunk,anything something.Normally,this is how they will get tripped up.From what I understand from someone from Osborne told me, they didnt take anything and the gun was left and belonged to Scott.So, therre is no items to get caught with other than what is really sad he claimed to hear less than $50 was stolen.
Shane N

Salina, KS

#6 May 12, 2008
I take it nobody has any news or updates?

Location hidden

#7 May 12, 2008
Doesn't look like it...It has fallen out of the news and everything.
Shane N

Salina, KS

#8 May 12, 2008
I heard the bank in Smith Center has blue ribbons with "Scotts Prayer Team" on them.I think a donation goes to a fund to help find the killers.The bank is helping fund a reward.Lets all keep praying together.Strength in numbers,and we shall overcome.
Casey Noel

Lawrence, KS

#9 May 24, 2008
They will find them. Even if it takes years and it never appears in the papers again, they are still looking. I have faith and never stop praying. Pray for my family and for the police. Please don't forget my uncle or give up on the justice he deserves... Just please keep praying.

Since: Mar 08

Russell, KS

#10 May 26, 2008
Shane N wrote:
I take it there has been no new information.I hope they find these guys.
sence you posted this is the story online or if you have it in a newspapaer could you type that in here so i can read it. i live in smith center, ks and i have friemds out that way.

thanks in advance.
Lesley -KC

Conroe, TX

#11 Jun 30, 2008
I know they will be caught. I check on the family everytime I call home. Prayer works. The grape vine is a long one through that town but I did hear that they are going to announce an arrest soon. Just becuase they don't have it in the paper doesnt make it go away. Casey, there will be justice for your whole family. I was a classmate of Ashley's and I pray for her all the time. Don't let the rumors get to anyone. It doesn't help. Waiting is the hard part but it is worth it in the end.
Josey

Overland Park, KS

#12 Jul 1, 2008
I have heard some recent news but won't talk about it until it's confirmed. Just keep them in your prayers still
Shane N

Pittsburg, KS

#13 Jul 6, 2008
Tony Kuhlmann wrote:
<quoted text>
sence you posted this is the story online or if you have it in a newspapaer could you type that in here so i can read it. i live in smith center, ks and i have friemds out that way.
thanks in advance.
Most of the news Ive read on it was from the Hays Daily News.You may be able to find the articles in the archives or by googling Scott Noel's name. Once again prayers continue to go out to Carol and family from Salina.
Shane N

Salina, KS

#14 Aug 18, 2008
Good news today,as I heard they have arrested a man in connection with the murder.Keep praying.Never underestimate the strength of prayer.
Tony B

Fort Collins, CO

#15 Aug 18, 2008
I heard they found one of them and 2 are still at large. If you hear anything new plz follow-up.
Shane N

Salina, KS

#16 Aug 18, 2008
Supposed to be more in tomorrows newspaper.All I know is the one they caught was returned to Ellsworth prison in July on a parole violation.Im guessing, he talked while in prison.They didnt have much on the news broadcast today.
Hays ks

Omaha, NE

#17 Aug 18, 2008
Here is the latest info on the arrest his name is
Kenneth Eugene Wilson of Salina KS. He is a parolee from Elsworth. If you look up his name there is quite a few hits on him. They said all he got from Scott was $50 bucks and a cell phone. What a price for a man's life. I hope they throw the book at him
Lampkin

Akron, OH

#18 Aug 20, 2008
I never met Jassons dad but based on how Jasson [His son] I waqs one of the great ones. my heart goes out to the Noel family. Jasson is a very good friend
Brandon

United States

#19 Sep 3, 2008
Is that you Lumpy? Scott was a great man, a wonderful person. He was always great to be around and talk to. If you know Jasson, you knew Scott.
Lesley

Vanceburg, KY

#20 May 15, 2009
Shane N wrote:
I heard the bank in Smith Center has blue ribbons with "Scotts Prayer Team" on them.I think a donation goes to a fund to help find the killers.The bank is helping fund a reward.Lets all keep praying together.Strength in numbers,and we shall overcome.
The trial began. Let's just hope this is over quick. Someone is guilty and must pay for it!

The bank and other business' around Osborne have blue rubber wristbands that say "Scott's Prayer Team". I believe that the proceeds go to Scott's Scholarship fund but you could be right as well. Let's just pray that this all goes away quickly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osborne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
property? (Sep '07) May '17 Charles McGillicuddy 8
Talk about Osborne (Dec '12) Dec '12 bbb 1
Occupy Main Street - March 3rd - Small Town Ame... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Anonymous 2
cody rountree do you know him (Oct '11) Oct '11 ILLEk 1
News Kan. Man Found Guilty In Murder Of Portis Farmer (May '11) May '11 Clifton Clowers 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kansas (Di... (Oct '10) Jan '11 Osama bon Jovi 20
News Collins pleased with election -8/5/2010, (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dino 1

Osborne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Osborne Mortgages