Union Pacific Line
John

Manchester, UK

#1 Feb 9, 2009
Perhaps someone can help?
Being a bit of a romantic concerning Railways I have been searching out the Union Pacific Line that crossed Osage City (Kansas)from East to West. According to some maps, Osage City map and Google Maps, it shows a railroad, but on Multi media Maps it does not. During a recent walkabout using Google Street level mapping of Osage city the track has gone.
When was the last train and when was the track lifted?
Jeremy Gaston

West Des Moines, IA

#2 Sep 22, 2010
The track was removed, and is now part of the Flint Hill Nature Trail, part of the KANZ trails, which are part of the federal rails-to-trails program. The line (which was most recently MOPAC, and run by Union Pacific) was removed in the mid 90s.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osage City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: William R Rose Painting (Aug '09) Jun '15 Gail Shelton 14
Gay pic swap/meet up? (Jan '15) Jan '15 ksu_nutzer 2
this girl lives in your town (Jan '15) Jan '15 concerned american 2
News NAMI program helps caregivers of adults with me... (Oct '14) Oct '14 NAMI is Pharma 1
News Man charged in 2011 slaying to make first appea... (Apr '14) Apr '14 kevin 1
New Kid : Austin Brouhard, (Feb '14) Mar '14 Austin Brouhard 3
any girls want to have a good time (Mar '14) Mar '14 tim 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Osage City Mortgages