annon

AOL

#1 May 19, 2007
Does anyone know what happened in court on Thursday in the Mary Holloway money stealing charges?
Down town

United States

#2 Jul 14, 2007
Mary is innocent of all charges.
Down Town

United States

#3 Jul 14, 2007
The underground tunnel between the depot and the Armands hotel was recently sealed shut. It was built in 1872 but filled quickly with water below the street. The entrance and exit points are now only visable.
Julia

Junction City, KS

#4 Sep 12, 2007
annon wrote:
Does anyone know what happened in court on Thursday in the Mary Holloway money stealing charges?
It was postponed until November 28, 2007 at 1:30Pm
annon

AOL

#5 Sep 24, 2007
Julia wrote:
<quoted text>
It was postponed until November 28, 2007 at 1:30Pm
thank you...any idea why? or...what might happen?
missy

Wichita, KS

#6 Oct 24, 2007
annon wrote:
No but I know her personally because I am a care giver for disabled persons and her and her crew are so crooked!!! I recently reported them to the srs because they abuse, exploit and manipulate disabled persons. Some of their consumers have complained on them also. It is horrible what Mary and her employees have done. I quit dealing with them altogether because I was seeing things they were doing as crooked. Then they attcked me because I reported them to the srs. I do not know what Mary Holloway did in the past with RCIL who I used to work through. She is innocent until proven guilty. But I know firsthand the business they do is shady and oppressive to the disabled. I have watched several disabled persons be deceived by them.
kerry

Leavenworth, KS

#7 Dec 19, 2007
Mary Holloway, Osage City, entered pleas to two felony charges in Osage County District Court on December 18th. She was convicted of Making a False Writing, a level 8 nonperson felony, and Felony Theft, a level 9 nonperson felony. Former Osage County Attorney, Eric Godderz, filed criminal charges against Holloway on April 6, 2007, after an extensive investigation by the Kansas Bureau of Investigations revealed she had stolen $42, 481.79 from Resource Center for Independent Living in Osage City in 2004 and 2005 while she was employed there. Pursuant to the plea agreement reached with the current Osage County, Brandon L. Jones, Holloway has agreed to repay the $42,481.79. She has already paid back $14,995 and will be ordered to pay back the remaining $27,486.79 as part of her sentence. Since the charges she has been convicted of are felonies, the sentences will be determined by the Kansas Sentencing Guidelines. Holloway is believed to have little to no criminal history which will result in these being presumptive probation offenses. This means the court will sentence Holloway to a prison sentence, but will likely suspend that sentence and place Holloway on supervised probation for 18 months. If Holloway were to violate her probation in some way, she could be ordered to serve her prison sentence. Sentencing has been scheduled for January 29, 2008, at 10:15 a.m. She has been ordered to submit to a Presentence Investigation prior to sentencing.
sara

United States

#8 Jan 29, 2008
Mary Holloway and her crew were involved in some very shady deals while serving as CEO in Osage City. The RCIL in Burlington was one that I knew about. Several female caregivers had been taken advantage of by supervisors. It was reported but no one believed the persons asking for help. One case I know happened. They hired a new caregiver, took her to some meeting in another city, tried to 'makeout' with her. She became invovled with the second in command. The affair continued for several months and Mary Holloway was informed of it and they way female employees were treated in Burlington. She would not do anything. The affair ended in a divorce for supervisor, the caregiver leaving town and God knows what else. Now, I see this person is living in New Strawn and has started her own company!!! for the disabled. This frightens me and I hope to get involved before she hurts more people. Why does SRS/Kansas not do more than they have to stop people like her who feed off disabled?
kerry

Leavenworth, KS

#9 Jan 30, 2008
An Osage City woman who pleaded no contest to felony theft charges, will spend time in jail.

Mary Holloway, 52, was sentenced Tuesday to eight months in prison on a false writings charge and six months in prison on a theft charge.

She was accused of thefts made between May 2004 and November 2005 from the Resource Center for Independent Living in Osage City.

The prison sentences were waived, but Holloway will spend 18 months on supervised probation and serve 30 days in jail starting Friday, Feb. 1 at noon.

She'll also perform 50 hours of community service and finish paying restitution to the resource center.
kay

Coffeyville, KS

#10 Feb 28, 2008
Does anyone know the guilt or innocence of the other defendants?
The Big Bad Wolf

Overland Park, KS

#11 Oct 19, 2010
Oops she did it again!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osage City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trop 56 (Sep '08) Oct '16 Jim Jones 12
Cell phone coverage on Vassar (May '16) May '16 MrsH54 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kansas (Di... (Oct '10) Oct '15 Billy Bob 20
Review: William R Rose Painting (Aug '09) Jun '15 Gail Shelton 14
New Kid : Austin Brouhard, (Feb '14) Mar '14 Austin Brouhard 3
Melissa Reppond (Oct '11) Dec '12 Shane Mitchell 4
USD 420 Osage City - 7 million dollar bond - Ap... (Feb '12) Aug '12 Carrie 5

Osage City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Osage City Mortgages