What is going in M-15?
Gary201

Warren, MI

#1 Sep 7, 2007
With all the tree's gone near the school driveway and a half mile south on M-15, it sure looks like we are in for some huge development. Haven't read anything in the Reminder, so please tell me what it all is. Are we getting more strip-stores or is a business moving in? Is Lapp building that waste-water treatment plan we already voted down or is it the new fire station?
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Gary
Concerned

Port Huron, MI

#2 Sep 11, 2007
Here's what i found in a recent article in the Citizen.

"Development plans recently approved for M-15 include a 122,000 square-foot retail center by Brandon Development Lockwood LLC, to be located south of Brandon High School and a 144-unit apartment complex, north of Solley's Appliance and Fireplace Center, to be developed by Silverman Development Company. Silverman is also planning a 15,000 square-foot retail center just south of the entrance to the Long Lake Village subdivision, and will seek approval for a site plan at the planning commission meeting set for 7:30 p.m., Aug. 28, at the township offices, 395 Mill St."

Look out, here come the developers...wonder how many For Lease signs we'll be seeing with the state of the economy the way it is currently? We sure don't need all this when the Pontiac/Waterford/AuburnHills/ Clarkston area is saturated with vacated strip malls and retail as it is.

Too bad Ortonville is starting to look like Waterford.

Comments? Does anyone know of specific stores (if any) that will be moving into the retail center (aka strip mall). How many Cleaners, banks, Subway shops do we need?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ortonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barnett upbeat about Rochester Hills (Mar '07) Mar '17 I I I 27
News When You Love An Old Dog, Managing Care Can Be ... Feb '17 Dog Slaves 1
chad from mr. tree dumping garbage in detroit (Aug '16) Jan '17 MRT 4
American Axle Dec '16 Truth Hurts 1
Judge Fortinberry caught stealing camaign signs... (Jul '08) Nov '16 Ruined 24
News James Lumber to shut 4 stores (Nov '06) Oct '15 Doctor N 8
News Sewer campaign begins: 'Livable legacy of Orton... (May '15) Aug '15 concerned - 2

Ortonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ortonville Mortgages