Carroll Valley Killing: Police find k...

Carroll Valley Killing: Police find knife in suspect's house

There are 35 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jun 4, 2008, titled Carroll Valley Killing: Police find knife in suspect's house. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Jason Reuben Armstrong, 34, of 16 Snow Bird Trail in Carroll Valley, allegedly killed 19-year-old Orrtanna resident Andrew S. Bosley during a recent camping trip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
no way

Scranton, PA

#21 Jun 4, 2008
second chances? for possible serial killer who has bragged about his killings to others, even if he was a youth at the time, this kind of brutality does not deserve a second chance... the poor boy sitting in prison for 17yrs deserves a second chance, Armstrong however does not. I too agree the Ski Liberty hold some liability here. Jason was the Supervisor in tubing working directly with the outside employees 99% of whom are under 18 or 19 yrs old... 98% of ALL employees at tubing are under 19 yrs old....Where is the background check for these people?
Liberty is at fault for hiring anyone with the Assult/drug charges he had in his background.
another

Glen Burnie, MD

#22 Jun 4, 2008
Reeling wrote:
Frank wrote: "...as an innocent person could be in prison as a result of Armstrong lying to trying to save himself."
An innocent person has been in jail for 17 years as a result of Armstrong's cowardice. Many lives and families have been destroyed by this man over the course of his life. I hope the authorities pull his juvenile record.
It's about time he got caught; I feel very badly for his wife and all the families involved.
Just curious. So you know the man in prison for the murder in 1991?
another

Glen Burnie, MD

#23 Jun 4, 2008
that was supposed to read,'do you...'
The Detailer

Bloomington, IN

#24 Jun 4, 2008
no way wrote:
second chances? for possible serial killer who has bragged about his killings to others, even if he was a youth at the time, this kind of brutality does not deserve a second chance... the poor boy sitting in prison for 17yrs deserves a second chance, Armstrong however does not. I too agree the Ski Liberty hold some liability here. Jason was the Supervisor in tubing working directly with the outside employees 99% of whom are under 18 or 19 yrs old... 98% of ALL employees at tubing are under 19 yrs old....Where is the background check for these people?
Liberty is at fault for hiring anyone with the Assult/drug charges he had in his background.
Ski Liberty can not be held at fault, it did not happen at the workplace, they have been closed since March 16th. Any contact they had after that was totaly up to them. I am sure Ski Liberty is not required to babysit their employees during the off-season.

We live in a world of "woulduv, shoulduv, and coulduvs".
No Answers

Lancaster, PA

#25 Jun 5, 2008
Funny thing, Andy was 19. He was a legal adult. Even though Armstrong was his supervisor, they could have worked together anywhere, since Andy was over 18. I worked at Ski Liberty years ago,(as did most people in town), lets not get them involved. I'm curious, do all work forces run background checks on supervisors and managers? Do the fast food joints, camp grounds, theme parks, and anywhere else that hire under 18's?
CRAZY

United States

#26 Jun 5, 2008
MOM wrote:
I ALSO BELIEVE IN SECOND CHANCES, BUT WORKING AROUND KIDS, COME ON.
I agree that ski liberty should of checked his record.I do not believe we should hold this against ski liberty. I don't think this was in a memo to Armstrong to do as part of his daily job. My son also worked very closely with Armstrong. He was respected by all. He tried to clean up his act by rehab. I believe that drugs payed a big factor in this case. My prayers go out to both families. Mrs. Armstrong now has to raise her young son alone and explain to him later on in life why his father is not there to take him places and play ball with him.

Since: Jun 08

New York

#27 Jun 5, 2008
another wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious. So you know the man in prison for the murder in 1991?
Yes, I also had the misfortune of knowing Armstrong at that time.
I am very sad to say that this latest horrific killing is not at all surprising to me. I am sickened that this man has escaped accountability for so long and yet another teenager is dead. Too many families have been destroyed at the hands of a sociopath.
BTW: The "man" who is now in prison was only 17 at the time of his arrest. He has literally now spent half his life in prison for a crime he did not commit.
Parent of 3 great kids

Westminster, MD

#28 Jun 5, 2008
First and foremost, my condolences to the Bosley family. No one ever wants to be the family in a situation like this one. I'm sure you'll never know the full story of what happened but I hope you can find some peace in the fact that Andy was well liked and enjoyed the time he did have while here. My sincere condolences.

I also want to commend Armstrong's wife for calling the police and reporting what she knew. For her to stand up and report what she did shows a lot of courage on her part. I'm sure she could have kept quiet and we'd all be reading about the 'search for Andy's killer'. Instead, she stepped up and called the police. Mrs. Armstrong, thank you for doing that. I wish you and your child the best. I'm sure this is a time you never expected to have to go thru. Obviously, Mr. Armstrong had a side that he hid well from others that seems to stem well back into his younger years.
memyself

United States

#29 Jun 5, 2008
I know there have been some posts in the other articles but I couldn't get any of them to work; does anyone know a site where you can look up his court activity. Like I said before, I couldn't get none of the other ones to work that were posted.
Curious

Chambersburg, PA

#31 Jun 5, 2008
memyself wrote:
I know there have been some posts in the other articles but I couldn't get any of them to work; does anyone know a site where you can look up his court activity. Like I said before, I couldn't get none of the other ones to work that were posted.
oops, I meant Centre County.
memyself

United States

#32 Jun 5, 2008
thank you very much curious
fancy

Denver, CO

#33 Jul 23, 2009
i met rueben when he was 21, a friendly punk with a heart of gold, I don't believe for a second that he was in any way involved in the murder he testified against when he was 18, but i do believe his exposure to that situation soured his faith in people to a certain degree. Mostly he was just a partier who when down a bad path. He got into drugs in his 20s and got into trouble for things like public drunkenness and drug possesion so often that he started having to spend time in jail, mostly he was a junky in his mid twenties and that did bad things to his ability to use judgement and reason. everyone who was his friend began to distance themselves from him as he sunk farther down a bad path, i used to cry after seeing him cause that beautiful light in his eyes had faded and something grey was left, i blame special k more than anything, that stuff degraded his faculties. i had lost contact with him about ten years ago but often remember the young sweet boy who would always open doors for ladies and was a talented musician and funny sweet friend. I believe this account, this disaster, its tragic but thats the direction he was headed in. i feel so bad for the kid who was killed. i always look back on those days before he was messed up and wish i had stepped in and tried to do something, save him i guess. if only all these people who are horrified by this story saw him then, so bright so charming so talented, its really very tragic.
lefty

Willow Grove, PA

#34 Feb 4, 2010
fancy wrote:
i met rueben when he was 21, a friendly punk with a heart of gold, I don't believe for a second that he was in any way involved in the murder he testified against when he was 18, but i do believe his exposure to that situation soured his faith in people to a certain degree. Mostly he was just a partier who when down a bad path. He got into drugs in his 20s and got into trouble for things like public drunkenness and drug possesion so often that he started having to spend time in jail, mostly he was a junky in his mid twenties and that did bad things to his ability to use judgement and reason. everyone who was his friend began to distance themselves from him as he sunk farther down a bad path, i used to cry after seeing him cause that beautiful light in his eyes had faded and something grey was left, i blame special k more than anything, that stuff degraded his faculties. i had lost contact with him about ten years ago but often remember the young sweet boy who would always open doors for ladies and was a talented musician and funny sweet friend. I believe this account, this disaster, its tragic but thats the direction he was headed in. i feel so bad for the kid who was killed. i always look back on those days before he was messed up and wish i had stepped in and tried to do something, save him i guess. if only all these people who are horrified by this story saw him then, so bright so charming so talented, its really very tragic.
I, too knew Reuben a long time ago, about 14 years ago. He was a demented soul then. When he would get drunk and high he would tell stories of how he had killed several people. He engaged in all sorts of sadistic behavior. He hurt people I knew, attacked people he called his friends. You were apparently completely blind back then. I was 16 years old and knew this guy was a psychopath.
Xox

Boca Raton, FL

#35 Feb 28, 2012
memyself wrote:
<quoted text>
Guilty until proven innocent???? This guy is guilty hes just hoping there is some glitch in the system that wrongfully lets him go free. How can you argue self defense when you stabbed him OVER 100 TIMES!Maybe "bubba" will get a hold of him in jail and show him what a real man is!!!
havent any of you googles his name and see what other cases he's been connected to? What about poor chad francicus and his family. Talk about holes in a case. I hope Reuben comes clean about Devine, Bosley, and the other nameless people in Texas. I knew of armstrong growing up. He would talk about killing people all the time , but no one took him seriously. We were kids. He told lots of stories. But I'll never forget him. He gave me the creeps. He was missing something, socially.
Sitter

Gettysburg, PA

#36 Jun 16, 2014
I too knew Reubon and his family. I was shocked when I heard. He was a good actor of a kind, caring wonderful husban/father... I have met many people over the years, if you would have told me another person committed the murder, I would have said "yeah, they seemed like that type of person" but Reubon presented himself as a good ole boy with manners and respect towards all... My heart still goes out for the Bosley's and the Armstrong's family.. and any other family that was victimized by him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orrtanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gettysburg Child Rape/Violent/Serious Crime List (Sep '13) Sep 20 Davenport 541
Apartments (Jul '15) Sep 20 Scrud 6
Woman in Gettysburg Arrested Twice in Two Hours... (Jul '15) Sep 19 Steve Gratman 5
News State: Gettysburg substitute teacher allegedly ... (Sep '14) Sep 19 Costard 7
News Former Gettysburg College professor gets prison... (Jul '15) Sep 19 Costard 4
Best cell service in area? (Jul '15) Sep 18 Blub 9
News Biglerville man caught stealing woman's underwe... (Jul '15) Sep 18 Panty Sniffer 6

Orrtanna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orrtanna Mortgages