Carroll Valley Killing: Police find k...

Carroll Valley Killing: Police find knife in suspect's house

There are 35 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jun 4, 2008, titled Carroll Valley Killing: Police find knife in suspect's house. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Jason Reuben Armstrong, 34, of 16 Snow Bird Trail in Carroll Valley, allegedly killed 19-year-old Orrtanna resident Andrew S. Bosley during a recent camping trip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Boy

Moorestown, NJ

#1 Jun 4, 2008
This story is crazy!! I want more info on Armstrong; who is this guy??
hanover

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Jun 4, 2008
Why is there not murder charges this is crazy.
Joe in Hangover

Bloomington, IN

#3 Jun 4, 2008
I feel this story has had enough coverage, think of the victims family. Also when it comes time for trial, how will you find a fair and just jury around here? He will be tried and sentenced before he even steps into the courtroom......Guilty until proven innocent?
MD dude

Mount Airy, MD

#4 Jun 4, 2008
If you read the last line there are murder charges, "criminal homicide" would be the murder charge. It is pretty easy to tell why Hanover Schools have low PSSA scores.
Joe in Hangover

Bloomington, IN

#5 Jun 4, 2008
MD dude wrote:
If you read the last line there are murder charges, "criminal homicide" would be the murder charge. It is pretty easy to tell why Hanover Schools have low PSSA scores.
HAAAAAAA!!! LOL!! I agree about the Hangover School District, thankfully this is the last year for BOTH of our children at that "school"

But I will save that for a GOOD letter to the editor.
memyself

Gettysburg, PA

#6 Jun 4, 2008
Joe in Hangover wrote:
I feel this story has had enough coverage, think of the victims family. Also when it comes time for trial, how will you find a fair and just jury around here? He will be tried and sentenced before he even steps into the courtroom......Guilty until proven innocent?
Guilty until proven innocent???? This guy is guilty hes just hoping there is some glitch in the system that wrongfully lets him go free. How can you argue self defense when you stabbed him OVER 100 TIMES!Maybe "bubba" will get a hold of him in jail and show him what a real man is!!!
no way

Scranton, PA

#7 Jun 4, 2008
Since when is mutilation, dismemberment and setting a boy on fire self defense? Why would a wife drop off her 34 yr old husband with a 19 yr old boy to go camping? Armstrong admitted it and he knew what he was doing.
Joe in Hangover

Bloomington, IN

#8 Jun 4, 2008
memyself wrote:
<quoted text>
Guilty until proven innocent???? This guy is guilty hes just hoping there is some glitch in the system that wrongfully lets him go free. How can you argue self defense when you stabbed him OVER 100 TIMES!Maybe "bubba" will get a hold of him in jail and show him what a real man is!!!
Hey, I did not write the laws, and the law states that everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law infront of the jury of his peers.

Now do you want to uphold the law? or go on a witch hunt?

It is times when the laws are not followed when the innocent are wrongly convicted, and the guilty get to walk away free.

One of the "gliches" you spoke of to get this guy off would be too much pre-trial publicity, or a swayed jury. Let it go.
Gettysburg

Alton, AL

#9 Jun 4, 2008
no way wrote:
Since when is mutilation, dismemberment and setting a boy on fire self defense? Why would a wife drop off her 34 yr old husband with a 19 yr old boy to go camping? Armstrong admitted it and he knew what he was doing.
My thoughts exactly.....something is definitely wrong with this picture, a 34 year old married man hanging out with a 19 year old boy. There's more to this story. This man belonged at home with his wife. My thoughts go out to the boys family and this lunes wife.
no way

Scranton, PA

#10 Jun 4, 2008
Its easy to claim self defense when you are the only one left with a protected voice and rights to a fair trial.. why isnt the wife included in this? Why would he bring Bosley's knife home in its sheath? wouldnt you leave it behind as evidence for your case? I know Armstrong, I worked with him... this is not the Armstrong I know, and this is not self defense.
no way

Scranton, PA

#11 Jun 4, 2008
no witch hunt needed... Jason admitted his guilt and his actions contradict any chance at self defense claims...This is all too sick and painful... I and my children worked with these people. We know them both and care about each of them. We are in a lot of pain ourselves over all of this. My son cried at Bosley's funeral and my daughter is afaid to be alone and scared to go to college or leave the house, you just dont know who you know. We worked and laughed side by side with them....this is too much. The reality that someone you know so well could do something like this is beyond overload.
Frank

Gwynn Oak, MD

#12 Jun 4, 2008
I'm wondering about Armstrong's testimony in another trial that sent someone to prison. I am hopeful that the authorities will check this out thoroughly, as an innocent person could be in prison as a result of Armstrong lying to trying to save himself.
jillkl

Elyria, OH

#13 Jun 4, 2008
We will never know what really happened. GOD rest their souls!
Christina

Landisburg, PA

#14 Jun 4, 2008
hanover wrote:
Why is there not murder charges this is crazy.
what do you think "homocide" is?
ALS

Landisburg, PA

#15 Jun 4, 2008
I don't know why we have to put all these details in the newspaper. It's everyday. If you don't have enough news to report leave the page blank. This is only hurting Mr. Bosley's family and friend and prolong their grief. How would you like to open the paper everyday to read about something new or that happened. And reporters are famous for twisting facts. Then there is the Armstrong family. Looked what they are faced with. The family name drug through the paper on a daily basis. Why should they have to suffer like the victims family. They didn't asked Mr. Armstrong to do this. But Mrs. Armstrong needs to be commended for co-operating with the police. The End
Reeling

Nesconset, NY

#16 Jun 4, 2008
Frank wrote: "...as an innocent person could be in prison as a result of Armstrong lying to trying to save himself."

An innocent person has been in jail for 17 years as a result of Armstrong's cowardice. Many lives and families have been destroyed by this man over the course of his life. I hope the authorities pull his juvenile record.
It's about time he got caught; I feel very badly for his wife and all the families involved.
Sad

Thomasville, NC

#17 Jun 4, 2008
Stop and think how you would feel if your son was murdered like this?

I have NO doubt in my mind about Armstrong's guilt, and you shouldn't either. This is not a "witch hunt", this is justice finally catching up with him.

It's just too bad Andy Bosley had to die to make it happen.
MOM

Greencastle, PA

#18 Jun 4, 2008
HEY FRANK AND REELING, I THOUGHT THE SAME THING. THINGS SHOULD BE LOOKED INTO IN THAT CASE. MAKES YOU WONDER WHO YOU WORK WITH.
Frank

Gwynn Oak, MD

#19 Jun 4, 2008
I would like to chime in with those here, who assign some fault to Armstrong's employer, Ski Liberty. I believe in redemption for those who pay their debt to society, but I'm not a big fan of giving them jobs where they have contact with an unsuspecting public or fellow employees - especially young ones. When our children seek employment, we do not expect them to be teamed up with people like Armstrong. Further, when we learn that certain businesses employ felons, I believe we should avoid doing business with them and inform others.
MOM

Greencastle, PA

#20 Jun 4, 2008
I ALSO BELIEVE IN SECOND CHANCES, BUT WORKING AROUND KIDS, COME ON.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orrtanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gettysburg (PA) racino proposed for third time Apr 22 Gay Gettysburg Guy 17
News Mont Alto constable named (Aug '08) Apr 21 Mont alto boy 28
Gettysburg Child Rape/Violent/Serious Crime List (Sep '13) Apr 17 Pink Eye 565
News Gettysburg professor arrested for arranging sex... (Aug '14) Apr 14 Pork 45
News Man charged with child rape after boy reportsa Apr 9 Badlands 4
gettysburg strippers? Apr 8 Male dancer 11
Conversation took place between Davenport and... Apr 7 Jones 6

Orrtanna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orrtanna Mortgages