Orrtanna Post Office to close

Full story: Evening Sun

Orrtanna Post Office Postmaster Sherri Adamerovich discusses upcoming changes with customer Bob Doxsen Monday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Janelle

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

I heard Orrtanna is a lovely little town. One of these days I will have the pleasure of visiting.
Wow

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

The postmaster looks good.
Joe

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

In this day and age as the digital world takes over and the USPS struggles to stay afloat, even talking about cutting service on certain days of the week, this is a good opportunity to continue cost-cutting measures by closing under-performing and under-used post offices. While it's going to certainly be a slight inconvenience for a while, I'm sure the 68 post office box holders will eventually come to love their mailbox delivery to their doorstep. Plus - there's a very large, brand new post office in Fairfield, on the same road as Orrtanna, just 4 miles away.

As the USPS continues to look at post offices, they should now consider the Cashtown and Mcknightstown post offices and consolidate them. Heck - as far out of Gettysburg as its post office serves, Fairfield would certainly be able to handle Cashtown and Mcknightstown as well. Less duplication of services = cost savings for all involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Orrtanna Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orrtanna Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••