Vermont teddybear the new Boyd's

Posted in the Orrtanna Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
If you only knew

Lenhartsville, PA

#1 Feb 28, 2013
Now I wonder what Gettysburg did wrong that Boyd's closed and Vermont Teddy bear is doing so well?

Exactly the same type of set up, teddybears are comparable in quailty and price.

Hummmmmm maybe the locals in Vermont aren't so anti tourist like they are in Gettysburg.
Observer

Carlisle, PA

#2 Feb 28, 2013
Financial problems within the company was the reason Boyd's in Gettysburg closed. It was a hugely popular attraction for both locals and visitors alike.
Just Me Again

Gettysburg, PA

#3 Mar 1, 2013
If locals had been the problem, only the Gettysburg location would have closed down, and not the entire company going out of business. They had at least one other location similar to the one in Gettysburg, and many small businesses across the country selling their product, as well as mail order sales.
Davenport

Chalfont, PA

#4 Mar 1, 2013
Just Me Again wrote:
If locals had been the problem, only the Gettysburg location would have closed down, and not the entire company going out of business. They had at least one other location similar to the one in Gettysburg, and many small businesses across the country selling their product, as well as mail order sales.
Gettysburg, the two-bit hick crossroads that it is, pulled the entire company under. That's how bad this town blows. You dumb local idiots just can't admit it. So you come on here and try to defend the honor of this festering cesspool of gang violence.

Pathetic.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#5 Mar 1, 2013
I BELIEVE that Boyd's would have been more successful, if they HAD been on the Main drag...AND not on a FREAKIN' hill. Tourists before and after visiting the Battlefield browse WHERE the local unique shops and food places are, they are walking. WHEN IS BIKE WEEK??
Just Me Again

Gettysburg, PA

#6 Mar 1, 2013
Chick, I don’t think the location was the problem. Although I am sure there were some tourist who visited the battle field who visited Boyd’s. Boyd’s was the destination for many, who discovered the battlefield on one of there visits.

I would drive through the place from time to time because I enjoyed their outside displays, and never saw an empty parking lot. There were always vehicles there.

I believe it was a management problem. I think they just tried to grow too big to quickly.
Davenport

Chalfont, PA

#7 Mar 1, 2013
Just Me Again wrote:
I believe it was a management problem. I think they just tried to grow too big to quickly.
I believe it was a crime problem in a dying town. Any company stupid enough to locate in Gettysburg deserves to go under. This town blows big time. It's the worst town of its size in the entire state.
Pink Eye

Lenhartsville, PA

#8 Mar 2, 2013
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it was a crime problem in a dying town. Any company stupid enough to locate in Gettysburg deserves to go under. This town blows big time. It's the worst town of its size in the entire state.
It was the unfriendly locals, people just didn't feel welcomed.
Although, the employees of Boyd's were very nice, they must have come from out of town.
Steve Gratman

Chalfont, PA

#9 Mar 2, 2013
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>It was the unfriendly locals, people just didn't feel welcomed.
Although, the employees of Boyd's were very nice, they must have come from out of town.
Gettysburg smells like horse smegma.
Observer

Carlisle, PA

#10 Mar 2, 2013
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>It was the unfriendly locals, people just didn't feel welcomed.
Actually one of the owners of Boyd's is a Gettysburg native.
Just Me Again

Gettysburg, PA

#11 Mar 2, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are referring to the original owners aren't you?
Observer

Carlisle, PA

#12 Mar 2, 2013
Just Me Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You are referring to the original owners aren't you?
Yes, the original owners.
Davenport

Chalfont, PA

#13 Mar 2, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the original owners.
He had to check, because you're the dumb local schmuck who offered a 12 year old study in a lame, pathetic attempt to explain away a phenomenon which is only 2 years old...

Duuhhhhhh, Da Dumb Local Loser is Stoopid....
Observer

Carlisle, PA

#14 Mar 2, 2013
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
He had to check, because you're the dumb local schmuck who offered a 12 year old study in a lame, pathetic attempt to explain away a phenomenon which is only 2 years old...
Duuhhhhhh, Da Dumb Local Loser is Stoopid....
And I bet you that you couldn't find a more recent one. What's wrong? Scared of a little bet? Here's a thought Watson. Maybe the reason there aren't any current studies is because no one thinks it's a problem.
Pink Eye

Lenhartsville, PA

#15 Mar 3, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Mcsherrytown
Observer

Carlisle, PA

#16 Mar 3, 2013
Pink Eye wrote:
<quoted text>Mcsherrytown
McSherrystown was the corporate headquarters of the company. The wife of the husband/wife team of the original founders of Boyd's Bears was born in Gettysburg and attended Gettysburg Schools.
Pink Eye

Lenhartsville, PA

#17 Mar 3, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
McSherrystown was the corporate headquarters of the company. The wife of the husband/wife team of the original founders of Boyd's Bears was born in Gettysburg and attended Gettysburg Schools.
Seemed Boyd's was on to something long before Vermont teddy bear was on the scene. Vermont t.b remind me alot like Boyd's
Davenport

Chalfont, PA

#18 Mar 3, 2013
Observer wrote:
<quoted text> And I bet you that you couldn't find a more recent one. What's wrong? Scared of a little bet? Here's a thought Watson. Maybe the reason there aren't any current studies is because no one thinks it's a problem.
There are no studies which explain away the current gang crisis in Gettysburg because it can't be explained away, you momo...

I can't believe you are SO stupid as to proffer a 12 year old study. You thought you were SO smart when you posted that garbage. You look like a horse's ass right now.
Pink Eye

Emmaus, PA

#19 Mar 3, 2013
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no studies which explain away the current gang crisis in Gettysburg because it can't be explained away, you momo...
I can't believe you are SO stupid as to proffer a 12 year old study. You thought you were SO smart when you posted that garbage. You look like a horse's ass right now.
Gettysburg locals all must be related, they all have the same facial features.
Observer

Carlisle, PA

#20 Mar 3, 2013
Davenport wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no studies or even crime data that support that there is a gang crisis in Gettysburg.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orrtanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gettysburg Police investigate a worst threata a... Nov 19 Gettysburg Sausag... 1
Beware of False Flag Today at Parade! Nov 18 Pay attention 1
News Man shot at Gettysburg rally aims to replacea Nov 16 Gene 3
News Former high school teacher pleads guilty to abu... Nov 8 Shauer 1
News 100 firefighters battle townhouse fire in Adams... Nov 7 Pink Eye 2
News Bigger Wal-Mart could be coming (Sep '08) Nov 2 Pink Eye 19
News Police investigate possible motorcycle-ganga Oct 31 Pink Eye 5

Orrtanna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orrtanna Mortgages