orrick football coach

Posted in the Orrick Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
studly

Jefferson City, MO

#1 May 31, 2010
What kind of character is the coach teaching our children? Play instead of work, we live in a farming community that teaches our children character " football is great" but it doesn't pay the bills. practice until 9 p.m. on a holiday changed our plans; how about yours. its fine that he gets paid to live and breathe football but we don't, we have to make a living and in this day and age it takes everybody in the family to make a living. Now if anybody has a problem with this concept, look back into your past and think of how you were raised, another thing that I would like to add is that the coach is young enough that he was raised in the day and age of video games. the inventor of video games did not revolve around football; he revolved around academics.
Former Student

Platte City, MO

#2 Jun 1, 2010
studly wrote:
What kind of character is the coach teaching our children? Play instead of work, we live in a farming community that teaches our children character " football is great" but it doesn't pay the bills. practice until 9 p.m. on a holiday changed our plans; how about yours. its fine that he gets paid to live and breathe football but we don't, we have to make a living and in this day and age it takes everybody in the family to make a living. Now if anybody has a problem with this concept, look back into your past and think of how you were raised, another thing that I would like to add is that the coach is young enough that he was raised in the day and age of video games. the inventor of video games did not revolve around football; he revolved around academics.
It sounds to me like your more upset that you had to alter your plans rather than your concerned about your children's character. Football practice as I remember it was not play it was all work. If your concerned about the coaches scheduling maybe your child shouldn't be involved in school sports.
gizmo

Jefferson City, MO

#3 Jun 1, 2010
bullcrap kids need to breathe and be able to learn responsibility. im sorry the school finds it necessary to pay him all summer to practice for his almighty football team. when i was young we worked the bean fields pulling weeds for money of course former student wouldnt know about that. my kids werent involved in his sports because of that. they were taught to earn wat they wantedcause i couldnt afford to buy them gas or a car or insurance. all i can say is former student must be a spoiled brat.
Joyce Haynes

Holden, MO

#4 Jun 1, 2010
To be a member of a "team" there must be dedication or there is no "team". Unfortunately for us mom's and dad's, sometimes that means sacrificing time with our children so that they may learn what is is to be a part of the team, not just sports but any team effort. Pulling your load and giving up "free time" is all a part of it. Both of my sons played football and basketball and our family had to schedule holiday time around practices. It's all a part of learning to prioritize for these kids. My sons griped when they had to be up at the school to practice early in the morning on the Friday after Thanksgiving every year but they did it...they now have both graduated and have to "schedule" holiday events and gatherings around work schedules...all a part of life! We lived through it, you will too!
Former Student

Platte City, MO

#5 Jun 1, 2010
gizmo wrote:
bullcrap kids need to breathe and be able to learn responsibility. im sorry the school finds it necessary to pay him all summer to practice for his almighty football team. when i was young we worked the bean fields pulling weeds for money of course former student wouldnt know about that. my kids werent involved in his sports because of that. they were taught to earn wat they wantedcause i couldnt afford to buy them gas or a car or insurance. all i can say is former student must be a spoiled brat.
Here we go again about how hard it was for you. How you didn't have an easy life. Nobody said your kids had to play in sports. There are rules in everything you do. If you can't abide by them then thats your problem. The coach shouldn't need to change his schedule for you. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN DO FOR YOU TO MAKE YOUR LIFE A LITTLE EASIER. I worked the bean fields and hauled hay as well. I chose not to be in sports. That was my decision and I never blamed the coach for my lack of interest or accused him of things that I had control of. I could have used the same excuses as you do but I choose to be an adult about it.
Grow up!
Former Student

Platte City, MO

#6 Jun 1, 2010
Joyce Haynes wrote:
To be a member of a "team" there must be dedication or there is no "team". Unfortunately for us mom's and dad's, sometimes that means sacrificing time with our children so that they may learn what is is to be a part of the team, not just sports but any team effort. Pulling your load and giving up "free time" is all a part of it. Both of my sons played football and basketball and our family had to schedule holiday time around practices. It's all a part of learning to prioritize for these kids. My sons griped when they had to be up at the school to practice early in the morning on the Friday after Thanksgiving every year but they did it...they now have both graduated and have to "schedule" holiday events and gatherings around work schedules...all a part of life! We lived through it, you will too!
So good to here somebody with some comon sense
studly

Jefferson City, MO

#7 Jun 1, 2010
Former Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again about how hard it was for you. How you didn't have an easy life. Nobody said your kids had to play in sports. There are rules in everything you do. If you can't abide by them then thats your problem. The coach shouldn't need to change his schedule for you. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN DO FOR YOU TO MAKE YOUR LIFE A LITTLE EASIER. I worked the bean fields and hauled hay as well. I chose not to be in sports. That was my decision and I never blamed the coach for my lack of interest or accused him of things that I had control of. I could have used the same excuses as you do but I choose to be an adult about it.
Grow up!
Here you go again,you open mouth be fore you think,Dont you know the brain is the muffler for your mouth,Now is this football going to make him a liveing (no) will work bild chareter for his future (yes) some football is good but they are just carring this practice to far but it does build some charter
studly

Jefferson City, MO

#8 Jun 1, 2010
Former Student wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds to me like your more upset that you had to alter your plans rather than your concerned about your children's character. Football practice as I remember it was not play it was all work. If your concerned about the coaches scheduling maybe your child shouldn't be involved in school sports.
You dont know what work is,
Former Student

Platte City, MO

#9 Jun 1, 2010
studly wrote:
<quoted text>Here you go again,you open mouth be fore you think,Dont you know the brain is the muffler for your mouth,Now is this football going to make him a liveing (no) will work bild chareter for his future (yes) some football is good but they are just carring this practice to far but it does build some charter
Is the school forcing your kid to play football? NO. Is football practice work? Yes. Can your kid maintain a part time job and have school practice? Yes. Why don't you let your kid be a kid and have a little fun. Don't you remember how it was?
Former Student

Platte City, MO

#10 Jun 1, 2010
studly wrote:
<quoted text>You dont know what work is,
I know exactly what work is. Do you? I own several Sonic restaurants. I have been very successful. All it took was a lot of hard work after I graduated high school. What do you do for a living besides belly ache? School sports develops team work which is considered an asset in the work force market. Do your research.
studly

Jefferson City, MO

#11 Jun 1, 2010
Former Student wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what work is. Do you? I own several Sonic restaurants. I have been very successful. All it took was a lot of hard work after I graduated high school. What do you do for a living besides belly ache? School sports develops team work which is considered an asset in the work force market. Do your research.
You just need to go back to the showers in school where you were so mistreated. Sonic is a teenage atmosphere. Are you still a teenager? My son is an over-achiever in academics, that's what gets you ahead in the world.
studly

Jefferson City, MO

#12 Jun 1, 2010
Former Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us which ones you oun so Tommy An I come by and see you and talk over old times.and I will buy you your lunch
Former Student

Platte City, MO

#13 Jun 2, 2010
studly wrote:
<quoted text>You just need to go back to the showers in school where you were so mistreated. Sonic is a teenage atmosphere. Are you still a teenager? My son is an over-achiever in academics, that's what gets you ahead in the world.
If your son is so intellegent hopefully he can sit down with you and teach you how to spell.
Former Student

Platte City, MO

#14 Jun 2, 2010
studly wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us which ones you oun so Tommy An I come by and see you and talk over old times.and I will buy you your lunch
Need a job?
gizmo

Jefferson City, MO

#15 Jun 2, 2010
school gets out in may so should the coach. starting practice 2 or 3 weeks before school starts should be enough . let the kids experience real life. face it no one has ever gone pro from orrick
Fed Up

California, MO

#16 Jun 2, 2010
gizmo wrote:
school gets out in may so should the coach. starting practice 2 or 3 weeks before school starts should be enough . let the kids experience real life. face it no one has ever gone pro from orrick
I agree with you. Somehow it appears he is in this as an ego trip for himself without any regards to others. Former student is on here all the time with his ramblings. He owns a few Sonics -- letting low paid high school students make his money for him...Now that gives him cause to brag...If his employees had to have time off to attend football practice, bet he would not be so tolerant about the football program.
Former Student

Platte City, MO

#17 Jun 2, 2010
gizmo wrote:
Real life for you would be lying in bed until noon. Practice keeps these kids healthy. So what that no kid from Orrick as ever gone pro. Is this your reason to deny them the fun of a crowd applauding their efforts. Get real.
Former Student

Platte City, MO

#18 Jun 2, 2010
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. Somehow it appears he is in this as an ego trip for himself without any regards to others. Former student is on here all the time with his ramblings. He owns a few Sonics -- letting low paid high school students make his money for him...Now that gives him cause to brag...If his employees had to have time off to attend football practice, bet he would not be so tolerant about the football program.
Most students that work for our organization doesn't play football. I would work with their schedules if they wanted to play ball. Sports is an excellent learning tool which teaches disipline. As the owner of a business that is what I am looking for as employees.Somebody who is learning team concept. You are a complainer. You do not understand team work and team effort.
studly

Jefferson City, MO

#19 Jun 2, 2010
Former Student wrote:
<quoted text>
If your son is so intellegent hopefully he can sit down with you and teach you how to spell.
I can spell KICK YOUR BUTT
studly

Jefferson City, MO

#20 Jun 2, 2010
Former Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Need a job?
I cant work for a retard like yourself, lets go back to the shower room in school were you was taught to do a good job

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orrick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does the community know about the new Boy'... Wed richmond newz 2
Buckner Police Procedures or Lack Of (Jan '12) Jul 20 BadBuckner 136
mike persell city councilmen Jul 20 More for less 13
ray county sheriff dept (May '13) Jul 18 Dean Gullberry 25
News Use tax benefits could be significant Jul 18 RIchmond More For... 1
Poll Are the Richmond Police officers doing a good job? (May '09) Jul 10 Idiot 210
Richmond MS Jul 8 Guest 1

Orrick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orrick Mortgages