Letter: Am I that guy?

Letter: Am I that guy?

There are 7 comments on the Oroville Mercury-Register story from Sep 12, 2010, titled Letter: Am I that guy?. In it, Oroville Mercury-Register reports that:

Our government refuses to enforce our national immigration laws in Arizona. Can we refuse to obey the laws we don't like? It's amnesty for whoever can get here.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oroville Mercury-Register.

Oroville resident

Chico, CA

#1 Sep 12, 2010
You are so right.. Just try to present any type of consertavite ideas and you get labeled by the liberals. WHY can't we work together?? I have my ideas, but will keep them hidden for fear of being tarred and feathered.

Since: Jun 09

San Antonio, TX

#2 Sep 12, 2010
Mr. Culton,

You need to set your inner conservative free.

The TEA in TEA Party stands for taxed enough already.

Not just taxed but regulated to death. Look at how many business's have fled California. And its not just cheap labor overseas. As Intel's CEO Paul Otellini said recently -

"As a result, he said, "every business in America has a list of more variables than I've ever seen in my career." If variables like capital gains taxes and the R&D tax credit are resolved correctly, jobs will stay here, but if politicians make decisions "the wrong way, people will not invest in the United States. They'll invest elsewhere."

Take factories. "I can tell you definitively that it costs $1 billion more per factory for me to build, equip, and operate a semiconductor manufacturing facility in the United States," Otellini said.

The rub: Ninety percent of that additional cost of a $4 billion factory is not labor but the cost to comply with taxes and regulations that other nations don't impose."

Your common sense is overcoming your liberalism.

Your sense of self preservation is overcoming your liberalism.

Set your inner conservative free - it really is ok to use the common sense God gave you.

petermaki

Osceola, MO

#3 Sep 12, 2010
I question your premise that nothing is being done at the borders. Is it 100% leak proof? No, but there is border security. You go on to talk about three other countries. Repression is good? There are no dissidents? You have freedom of speech here, even if it is to say stupid things such as the previous posts.
AmberDru

Columbus, OH

#4 Sep 12, 2010
Now that the word is out ICE will not deport you even if arrested for a "minor" crime (DUI, wife beating, drug use, weapons possession, animal fighting, tax evasion,,,,,,,,,,we can expect much more illegal immigration. It's rewarded.
Immigrant

Chico, CA

#6 Sep 12, 2010
Neither side is saying the way it really is and what it's all about. Sealing our border's is easy as can be....BUT it's all about the mighty dollar and greedy politicians and companies that hire them to do the work. The TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

National Guard troops on the border are a dog and pony show...smoke and mirrors if you will. "See what I Did" Obama will say. Yep....They can look and report...WOW! A State stands up for itself and it's attacked and sued and belittled by the President himself! Choosing illegal law breaking immigrants over his own Nation. Why would he not support his own country?
Why

Chico, CA

#7 Sep 12, 2010
The whole harangue began with the suing of Arizona’s Governor Brewer, State Senator Russell Pierce’s or Sheriff Joe Arpaio administration, as a jackboot example to other states that only the feds have jurisdiction over immigration? Then if so—why haven’t they built the real double border fence, mandated E-Verify, give every policeman training in 287 (G) law? Why have no employers who hire illegal labor, gone to prison? Why have neither political party enforced the 1986 law, after all the late Ted Kennedy did promise voters—no more amnesties of any kind. While right under our noses ICE has orders to release non-criminal illegal aliens? But the reality is that anybody who crosses the border without processing, without renewing an expired visa is a criminal. In a small town in Pennsylvania, another in Nebraska and yet another in Texas that have been inundated with neighborhoods full of illegal aliens, if not the feds then the ACLU is prosecuting Mayors for protecting their population? ICE Chief John Morton might be suing Fremont, Nebraska, Hazleton, PA, Farmers Branch Texas, but the American people are not apologetic as they send millions of dollars in donations for the upcoming fights in court.
Jerrylee

London, UK

#8 Mar 26, 2014
This is the first time I had ever applied for a loan. I couldn't have asked for anything more from the staff that answered any of my questions to the application process. Once this had all been completed the money was transferred quickly into my account. I will definitely be recommending 911PDAY .COM ( http://goo.gl/EvYZBe ) too my friends and family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know abbi mendoza, 40 years old 9 hr keo 2
Raul Does Fidel: Cuban Copulation Couple Thu Moises Krupeliaf 1
Media lies Jun 21 Lost 4
Review: Oroville Tacos (Aug '14) Jun 21 CofCC-dot-org 6
Review: 99 Express Wheels (Mar '14) Jun 12 mayfieldsus 2
Review: Dennis Lucas Plumbing Repair (Oct '11) Jun 12 PB4YOU 3
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) May '15 Barbara 100
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE