Crackdown on car cellphones

Dec 27, 2012 Full story: Sacramento Bee Newspaper 7

Nearly 3,000 drivers were caught breaking cellphone rules during a crackdown in Sacramento County and dozens of other police jurisdictions throughout Northern California, authorities reported Wednesday.

Full Story
WTF

Vallejo, CA

#1 Dec 27, 2012
How about cracking down on the idiots with the ridiculously massive amps and speakers driving around town everywhere? That is a violation of the vehicle code as well and completely ignored here in this sh*thole. Bet you would uncover a few unlicensed drivers and probably worse by that simple gift to the people who pay property taxes here.

“Here's a interesting thought..”

Since: May 12

Vallejo

#2 Dec 27, 2012
WTF wrote:
How about cracking down on the idiots with the ridiculously massive amps and speakers driving around town everywhere? That is a violation of the vehicle code as well and completely ignored here in this sh*thole. Bet you would uncover a few unlicensed drivers and probably worse by that simple gift to the people who pay property taxes here.
While I hate the clown cars and their stereos I would rather have the cops give out tickets all day long to people that think the cell phone law does not apply to them. A loud stereo never killed anyone while these jack @zzez that talk on cell phones or text do so every day. Double the fine and make it a lose your license if you get caught a second time for a year. Third time is jail time and so on.
Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

#3 Dec 27, 2012
A Stupid unenforceable law that only engenders disrescpect for the police and the Law; Everybody uses their cell phone while driving. The ONLY reason this law exists is to protect insurance companies; if they subpeona your phone records after an accident they will deny your claim. I get pissed like everyone else but I do it myself; a Stupid law.
GEE

San Leandro, CA

#4 Dec 27, 2012
Oh my, it must be so special to be available at any time to answer the very pressing question on the hand-held: "What'cha doin"?

It is obvious that 99% of the population can not and should not multi task, especially when attempting to navigate a vehicle, which in it self is a challenge for many.
I bet dollars to doughnuts that if an individual is lacking in driving skill, they have a phone glued to their ear!

If that specific law were to be enforced in Vallejo with the knucklehead user getting hit in the wallet the first time, we probably could hire an additional officer to go after the noise makers.

That would make my day!

Can Of Worms

Vallejo, CA

#5 Dec 28, 2012
You're right on the money! We have the tecnology but not the money to implement a tracking and citation sytem similar to the Fast Track but applicable to a cellphone moving at 60 mph. Cellphone providers can be legally mandated to detect cellphone speeds and remotely disable it.
Can Of Worms

Vallejo, CA

#7 Dec 28, 2012
Frohe Weihnachten!
GEE

San Leandro, CA

#8 Dec 28, 2012
Can Of Worms wrote:
Frohe Weihnachten!
"...und Ein Gutes Neues Jahr" to You and Yours!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 hr Bucketeers 7,967
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr do it here 16,011
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 29 El SupremoS 201,038
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
Review: Oroville Tacos Sep 25 MarmotaCaligata 3
Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Sep 23 RYGAR530 14
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Oroville Dating
Find my Match

Oroville Jobs

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]