2001 homicide arrest hoped to provide links to 1982 slaying

Jul 19, 2013 Full story: Mercury-Register 12

Jan. 8, 2012, file photo shows Mary Brochers, right, during a vigil for her friend De Anna Lynn Johnson, who in 1982 at age 14 was beaten to death in Vacaville.

Full Story

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#1 Jul 19, 2013
Over 30 years old. Yawn. How about they worry about crimes with in the last 10 years in which the criminals are not in an old folks home or dead

Since: Aug 10

Vacaville, CA

#2 Jul 19, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
Over 30 years old. Yawn. How about they worry about crimes with in the last 10 years in which the criminals are not in an old folks home or dead
Would you think the same way if it was your loved one who was murdered and the killer wa sstill on the loose?

vacaville

#3 Jul 19, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Would you think the same way if it was your loved one who was murdered and the killer wa sstill on the loose?
Of course not

Since: Jul 10

Gridley / Biggs California

#4 Jul 19, 2013
Praying for Justice in both these cases. This individual SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO KILL AGAIN.
With that being said, I hope the right outcome is possible, so both families can have some form of closure. The next months are going to be hard and I pray strength on them.
Justice

Vacaville, CA

#5 Jul 20, 2013
Thanks to Birds Landing Bob and Orygun for having and sharing positive thoughts. I am sure it is truly appreciated by Shirley Pratt's and De Anna Lynn Johnson's family and friends.

vacaville

#6 Jul 20, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Would you think the same way if it was your loved one who was murdered and the killer wa sstill on the loose?
At the same time, if you used the same logic than you wouldn't post half of the stuff that you do

Vacaville, CA

#7 Jul 21, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
At the same time, if you used the same logic than you wouldn't post half of the stuff that you do
Yes I would. This was a completely innocent victim that was murdered, she did not do something completely stupid like going after a cop with a hammer or jumping on and beating on a neighborhood watch person that happens to be carrying a gun.
Justice

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jul 21, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I would. This was a completely innocent victim that was murdered, she did not do something completely stupid like going after a cop with a hammer or jumping on and beating on a neighborhood watch person that happens to be carrying a gun.
:))

vacaville

#9 Jul 21, 2013
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I would. This was a completely innocent victim that was murdered, she did not do something completely stupid like going after a cop with a hammer or jumping on and beating on a neighborhood watch person that happens to be carrying a gun.
But if it was a young black male who was an innocent victim you would probably say something like "there must be more to the story"

vacaville

#11 Jul 21, 2013
max wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you are correct. Birdman is a true RACIST.
I'm not saying he is a racist. I'm saying people tend to profile a case by ethnicity or gender differently when a black or Hispanic male is involved.

vacaville

#13 Jul 21, 2013
U R not verysmart wrote:
<quoted text>U R not verysmart TS.
Your post is very ironic

Vacaville, CA

#14 Jul 21, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying he is a racist. I'm saying people tend to profile a case by ethnicity or gender differently when a black or Hispanic male is involved.
All people tend to profile to some extent based solely on general appearance regardless of color, ethnicity or gender. If someone looks like a punk wanna be gangbanger thug they will get a different reaction from people than would a well groomed person in business attire carrying a briefcase.

If you saw someone running out of a liquor store wearing a ski mask and holding a gun in one hand a a bag with cash falling out of it in the other, wouldn't you profile and think that perhaps this person may have just robbed the place?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laser treatment that tackles toenail fungus ava... (Jan '09) Dec 12 Gary Puntman 165
Police Shooting on April 28 / victim Victor Col... (May '14) Dec 6 Retired Law 2
School Closings: Port Huron, Marysville (Feb '08) Nov 25 hpallett 11
Men injured in Oroville shooting Nov 24 deborahughes 1
Oroville super Walmart project appeals consider... (Dec '10) Nov '14 mikmax 73
Historic Bridge Part of the Virginia Turnpike T... (Apr '14) Nov '14 American Gentlema... 2
Butte vows to defy unfunded mandates: Superviso... (Feb '09) Nov '14 backyard223 22
Oroville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:14 pm PST