Taxpayers spend $220,000 on lawmakers' gas

Full story: Oroville Mercury-Register

Californians have been feeling pain at the pump for months amid record-high gas prices, with one notable exception: state lawmakers.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated May 6, 2012
Testing

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

I think thats funny they should check on Butte County vehicles, you know the ones that live in chico and drive to Oroville everyday, and vise versa, bet we taxpayers would be amazed!!
One who knows

Oroville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

This can easily be resolved by going back to the days when these clowns only met for 2 months out of the year and then they went back to work in the civilian world. The taxpayer saves a fortune and we don't end up with all of the stupid laws they like to dream up.
One who knows

Oroville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

Testing wrote:
I think thats funny they should check on Butte County vehicles, you know the ones that live in chico and drive to Oroville everyday, and vise versa, bet we taxpayers would be amazed!!
You brought this up before. How about if county employees who live in Chico work in Chico and so on?
Serena B

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

Ok so we pay them on average $116,208. Plus if we add us a normal person's average full-time work schedule. 52x5=260 working days a year Less 10 holidays, less 7 vacation day = 243 working days a year. 243 working day X$170 daily expenses=$41,310.
$116,208 +$41,310=$157,518.$157,518 Div. by 1944 hours worked =$81.02778 per hour is what we are paying these jokers. And still having to pick up their tab on fuel, vehicle maintenance, vehicle leases and possible other ammentities. I say we need to clean house and stop the BS.
Vern

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

This is another example why we have career politicans, The food at the trough is good and plentiful
Keep it Real

Oroville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Serena B wrote:
Ok so we pay them on average $116,208. Plus if we add us a normal person's average full-time work schedule. 52x5=260 working days a year Less 10 holidays, less 7 vacation day = 243 working days a year. 243 working day X$170 daily expenses=$41,310.
$116,208 +$41,310=$157,518.$157,518 Div. by 1944 hours worked =$81.02778 per hour is what we are paying these jokers. And still having to pick up their tab on fuel, vehicle maintenance, vehicle leases and possible other ammentities. I say we need to clean house and stop the BS.
There must be a lot of people at the top because everyone I know who works for the county makes less than $50,000 a year and a lot make less than $30,000 a year. Some jobs pay so much less than the private sector they can't even find people stupid enough to apply for them.
Just putting it out there

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Save money..make all positions voluntary services to society in local, state and federal government positions. No paychecks, no special allocated funds or benifits. You want to serve the public in political or leadership and government role do it for free. This takes any false motives out of the picture altogether of sevice and will save billions of tax dollars. Its not a "career" nor is it a "job", its an elected or appointed posiion to serve the public and their intrests and wellbeing.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

Keep it Real wrote:
<quoted text>
There must be a lot of people at the top because everyone I know who works for the county makes less than $50,000 a year and a lot make less than $30,000 a year. Some jobs pay so much less than the private sector they can't even find people stupid enough to apply for them.
When you include the lax work schedule and the perks like retirement, vacation pay and insurance you nearly have to double that wage......

And even a Cal Trans flagger can make up to a 100k per year including perks with a little overtime......
Laughing out loud

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
When you include the lax work schedule and the perks like retirement, vacation pay and insurance you nearly have to double that wage......
And even a Cal Trans flagger can make up to a 100k per year including perks with a little overtime......
Caught in a lie!

Wednesday Apr 25, Here Is One (moron) started a thread in the Chico forum.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chico-ca/T7ME...
His leading post, post # 1 was a complete lie. When called on the lie, the moron provided a link in post # 7 that proves the moron lied.
www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/whd/WHD20111250.h ...

When it was pointed out to the moron that his original post was proven to be a lie by his own link provided in post # 7, the moron claimed in post # 76 that the lie was a direct “quote” from someone else and since the moron had plagiarized post # 1 it therefore wasn’t his, the morons lie.

And for a person who claims to be so smart and who claims to teach other peoples children to not know what these little things are “““““, well, he’s really pretty stupid

It’s all right here folks, the moron lied and when caught, he claimed he plagiarized someone else’s lie.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

Laughing out loud wrote:
<quoted text>
Caught in a lie!
Wednesday Apr 25, Here Is One (moron) started a thread in the Chico forum.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chico-ca/T7ME...
His leading post, post # 1 was a complete lie. When called on the lie, the moron provided a link in post # 7 that proves the moron lied.
www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/whd/WHD20111250.h ...
When it was pointed out to the moron that his original post was proven to be a lie by his own link provided in post # 7, the moron claimed in post # 76 that the lie was a direct “quote” from someone else and since the moron had plagiarized post # 1 it therefore wasn’t his, the morons lie.
And for a person who claims to be so smart and who claims to teach other peoples children to not know what these little things are “““““, well, he’s really pretty stupid
It’s all right here folks, the moron lied and when caught, he claimed he plagiarized someone else’s lie.
You are nothing but a troll and that is why you have to post under different names to talk to yourself as everybody else just ignores you.....,,,,Grow up........LOL

It was the headline from a newspaper.......ROTFLMAO

I said I will not answer any more of your questions until you answer my questions that you agreed to answer over a year ago.......

Waiting..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••