Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#17232 Jun 10, 2014
Rancho Navarre wrote:
Liquor has found a fairly stable place in our world, there's no great epidemic of alcoholism or DUI. Everyone gets it pretty much. Pot has always been here doing just what it's doing right now. The law is almost the same as present liquor law. at least concerning personal use. The use of pot in the presence of a minor - can't you wait til the little f*cker's gone? If pot isn't a part of your life now, it won't be after Nov. 2 either.
"stable'? This is from 2001: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which published the study, estimated that 34,833 people in 2001 died from cirrhosis of the liver, cancer and other diseases linked to drinking too much beer, wine and spirits. Another 40,933 died from car crashes and other mishaps caused by excessive alcohol use.
Cam Cam

Monrovia, CA

#17233 Jun 10, 2014
How do you do it? Getting back so fast just like I ordered you too? Were you in the field messing with them weeds again?
Carol

San Jose, CA

#17234 Jun 10, 2014
I know someone who got hooked on pot and they went crazy and stole a car to feed their habit.
Cam

Cathedral City, CA

#17235 Jun 10, 2014
Carol, imagine if the addiction was to cigarettes or alcohol. The outcome would be far worse. This is the fault of co-dependency which is a mental disorder. It is NOT the fault of cannabis. Cannabis is not going to make a person crazy or dangerous, they'd be equally crazy or dangerous while sober or under any other substance.
Sgt Joe Friday

San Francisco, CA

#17236 Jun 10, 2014
Carol wrote:
I know someone who got hooked on pot and they went crazy and stole a car to feed their habit.
Those are the facts, ma'am. I hope you remember the episode about two young parents who got stoned and forgot about the baby in the bathtub. First time on the job, Gannon got sick. Wasn't pretty.
Rancho Navarre

Hemet, CA

#17237 Jun 10, 2014
2001 is 13 years ago and things are about the same. I'm gonna keep tokin' LEGALLY, stayin' out 'a the street, and Out of trouble.
..mishaps indeed - don't encourage me to make use of naturally occurring traps, pitfalls and self-induced SHIT-ASTERS people have earned for themselves. How many died of terminal stoopiditty - I can assist a few more into police cars and ambulances.
A person must VALUE good manners and personal conduct. Most who do were taught this by example and it felt good. People who say they don't like it have never tried it. The pot is pretty good too.
Icie Hots

Monrovia, CA

#17238 Jun 10, 2014
Icie Hots are the best.
Norton

San Jose, CA

#17239 Jun 11, 2014
Vote no and save our country

“Me Me Me!”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#17240 Jun 11, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Who says one joint is equivalent to a pack of cigarettes? I use pot but never smoke it. I see so many people posting so called facts but never able to back it up with real evidence. Link?
The Institute of New Zealand for one, back in 2008. Look it up yourself.
I'm not very fond of the fetch game.:)

Elk Grove, CA

#17241 Jun 11, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the only study that says that. Cannabis smoke contains cannabinoids whereas tobacco smoke contains nicotine. Available scientific data, that examines the carcinogenic properties of inhaling smoke and its biological consequences, suggests reasons why tobacco smoke, but not cannabis smoke, may result in lung cancer. Please read the scientific studies before posting false information and site accurate sources. You will find support to my statement here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1... With that said, I use pot but never smoke it.

Elk Grove, CA

#17242 Jun 11, 2014
Cali-girl20 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is -smoking-marijuana-bad-for-you r-lungs/ a study in 2014 outside of New Zealand proves you wrong.
Rancho Navarre

Hemet, CA

#17243 Jun 11, 2014
We all gotta die of something....*ssscccccffff -*PUFF*.........
BWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - nice.

“Me Me Me!”

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#17244 Jun 11, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-smoking-mariju... a study in 2014 outside of New Zealand proves you wrong.
I'm not against marijuana if that's what you think. It's got to be way better for you then the drugs from drug companies.
I just think it's very ironic that Cali was the first to ban smoking then is the first to legalize marijuana.
Eric Cantor or cant

Monrovia, CA

#17245 Jun 11, 2014
E Cantor, watch out for that brat from the tea party
Rancho Navarre

Hemet, CA

#17246 Jun 11, 2014
you both sound like my parents
Rancho Navarre

Hemet, CA

#17247 Jun 11, 2014
<3 U Ricci n Barbie,
that monroviac is just too fast
Eric Cantor or cant

Monrovia, CA

#17248 Jun 11, 2014
Tea Party Winner, Brat Says Cantor Was 'Out of Touch' with his own party and the rest of America.
Rancho Navarre

Hemet, CA

#17250 Jun 11, 2014
Eric Cantor or cant wrote:
E Cantor, watch out for that brat from the tea party
O K I Actually read some of the article - bla bla bla you make me think of spam, obesity and drug addiction
Tina

San Jose, CA

#17251 Jun 11, 2014
The Tea Party is crazy
Cam

Cathedral City, CA

#17252 Jun 11, 2014
Norton, voting no means destroying the country even further. Prohibition is an expensive waste. Also, cannabis is not at ALL harmful like tobacco. Yes, smoking cannabis excessively will cause insignificant and easily reversible damage, but this STILL pales in comparison to cigarettes, and is the fault of combustion, not cannabis. You can avoid this entirely with edibles and vaporizers. Also, cannabis does NOT cause cancer as tobacco does. Cannabis actually cures cancer.

http://norml.org/news/2013/07/11/study-mariju...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 27 min sanford 5,073
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 30 min sanford 200,965
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 31 min sanford 2,267
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr Blazing saddles 7,954
beating Sep 4 psychomike 1
Council continues Walmart appeals (Dec '10) Sep 3 Andy 49
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Aug 24 jram1970 88
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Oroville People Search