Butte County Reports Three New Cases of West Nile Virus

Aug 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KRCR

These new reports bring this year's total to four identified WNV cases in Butte County.

Comments
1 - 20 of 49 Comments Last updated Sep 5, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 30, 2012
 
So tell us please how many or what percentage of the population carry the virus with us all the time and never have any reaction to it at all. I believe I recall seeing at one time somewhere it is plenty of us.
And I also believe that this civil service reporting of it is fear mongering for government funding. Funding for civil service and chemical companies.
So they can in turn spray and fog us with dangerous toxic chemicals that further weaken our immune systems. Killing many much needed species of insects in our environment. All disrupting our natural food chain.
So it is my conclusion, my opinion, that everything being done by you all is for selfish greed and evil profits. You are being a typical government bureaucracy, just like fire fighters, school teachers and law enforcement.
ISN'T IT THAT THE MEDIA HAS A MORAL OBLIGATION TO REPORT ALL THE FACTS?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 30, 2012
 
We used DEET in Vietnam. My opinion is that many of our troops suffered unknowingly from its effect. It is I believe an unsafe chemical that effects the nervous system. Possibly, don't you think even more so when applied to children?

Don't we all know from past historical experience that these chemical manufacturers have a questionable reputation for misleading information.
Annoyed

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 30, 2012
 
stephens1949 wrote:
So tell us please how many or what percentage of the population carry the virus with us all the time and never have any reaction to it at all. I believe I recall seeing at one time somewhere it is plenty of us.
And I also believe that this civil service reporting of it is fear mongering for government funding. Funding for civil service and chemical companies.
So they can in turn spray and fog us with dangerous toxic chemicals that further weaken our immune systems. Killing many much needed species of insects in our environment. All disrupting our natural food chain.
So it is my conclusion, my opinion, that everything being done by you all is for selfish greed and evil profits. You are being a typical government bureaucracy, just like fire fighters, school teachers and law enforcement.
ISN'T IT THAT THE MEDIA HAS A MORAL OBLIGATION TO REPORT ALL THE FACTS?
"And I also believe that this civil service reporting of it is fear mongering for government funding. Funding for civil service and chemical companies.
So they can in turn spray and fog us with dangerous toxic chemicals that further weaken our immune systems. Killing many much needed species of insects in our environment. All disrupting our natural food chain."

So you would like people to believe all that talk about people in Texas and California dying is nothing but BS????? Do you have anything besides your opinion for confirmation??? I didn't think so.

The spray we use for mosquitos may not be the best...but surely you can see that even with spraying we're losing the battle. This will be getting worse and worse each season until we somehow stamp it out.

In the mean time there's no reason to let people die; I don't care WHAT enviromental reason you offer.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 30, 2012
 
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
"And I also believe that this civil service reporting of it is fear mongering for government funding. Funding for civil service and chemical companies.
So they can in turn spray and fog us with dangerous toxic chemicals that further weaken our immune systems. Killing many much needed species of insects in our environment. All disrupting our natural food chain."
So you would like people to believe all that talk about people in Texas and California dying is nothing but BS????? Do you have anything besides your opinion for confirmation??? I didn't think so.
The spray we use for mosquitos may not be the best...but surely you can see that even with spraying we're losing the battle. This will be getting worse and worse each season until we somehow stamp it out.
In the mean time there's no reason to let people die; I don't care WHAT enviromental reason you offer.
Well said and I agree with you

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 30, 2012
 
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
"And I also believe that this civil service reporting of it is fear mongering for government funding. Funding for civil service and chemical companies.
So they can in turn spray and fog us with dangerous toxic chemicals that further weaken our immune systems. Killing many much needed species of insects in our environment. All disrupting our natural food chain."
So you would like people to believe all that talk about people in Texas and California dying is nothing but BS????? Do you have anything besides your opinion for confirmation??? I didn't think so.
The spray we use for mosquitos may not be the best...but surely you can see that even with spraying we're losing the battle. This will be getting worse and worse each season until we somehow stamp it out.
In the mean time there's no reason to let people die; I don't care WHAT enviromental reason you offer.
Annoyed, are you just trying to wear me down. Yes all that talk is bull shit.
What people need to do is build up their immunity by eating a proper diet and allowing the mosquitoes to vaccinate them with there bite. What the government is doing now is only making the Mosquitoes stronger, at the same time as I said destroying our environment. You need to look at things from a more enlightened perspective.
Stop throwing out bull shit I have to respond to, it is exhausting. Stop worrying about people we have plenty, young and eager to go to work as soon as Obama gets out of the way.
Yes the environment needs to come first otherwise we all die.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

stephens1949 wrote:
<quoted text>Annoyed, are you just trying to wear me down. Yes all that talk is bull shit.
What people need to do is build up their immunity by eating a proper diet and allowing the mosquitoes to vaccinate them with there bite. What the government is doing now is only making the Mosquitoes stronger, at the same time as I said destroying our environment. You need to look at things from a more enlightened perspective.
Stop throwing out bull shit I have to respond to, it is exhausting. Stop worrying about people we have plenty, young and eager to go to work as soon as Obama gets out of the way.
Yes the environment needs to come first otherwise we all die.
That does not work for west nile and Denge fever.

That is like saying lead is good for children if they eat a healthy diet...

Have you ever seen the effects of either of these???
it will take a perfect athlete in perfect health and put them in a hospital with Iv if not the morgue
FYI

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 30, 2012
 
In the latest cases, people in their 40s and 50s have become ill. They live in Oroville, Biggs and off Highway 70 south of Oroville. It's believed the person who got sick in the latest case is from Gridley.
The rash of cases shows high numbers of mosquitoes all over the county are carrying the virus, said Matt Ball, manager of the Butte County Mosquito and Vector Control District.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 30, 2012
 
Matt Ball our county paid to kill civil service employee. He does it for a job. I doubt he is very interested in anything else. He is bias towards protecting and increasing that job.
My opinion is the more he does his job the more government funding he will get.
Of course everyone wants money coming into our county, and who is likely to defend the Mosquitoes against that? It is politically charged fear mongering.
Well I am interested in protecting our Mosquitoes, our insect population, our environment. Like I said without a healthy environment we all parish. Toxic chemicals are made for a profit. By companies with questionable motives and reputations. These chemicals damage our environment.
Liberals are FREAKS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

stephens1949 wrote:
Matt Ball our county paid to kill civil service employee. He does it for a job. I doubt he is very interested in anything else. He is bias towards protecting and increasing that job.
My opinion is the more he does his job the more government funding he will get.
Of course everyone wants money coming into our county, and who is likely to defend the Mosquitoes against that? It is politically charged fear mongering.
Well I am interested in protecting our Mosquitoes, our insect population, our environment. Like I said without a healthy environment we all parish. Toxic chemicals are made for a profit. By companies with questionable motives and reputations. These chemicals damage our environment.
You mean that the "environment" gets dammaged ONLY in perspective to the current lifeforms viewpoint.

One's lifeforms pain is anouther lifeforms pleasure.

Yeast produce shi-t in their evironment to the point they cant be active anymore and hybernate or die....BUT our lifeform LOVE'S drinking and ingesting their "environment"!!!

Thank god there were life forms billions of years ago that produced a "deadly gas", to them, called oxegen!!!! Most current life forms have used to our advantage.

NOTHING is truely bad for the "environment". The earth and life are resilent and will evolve and use whatever is available. When people say that we are killing the earth they are completely wrong. we just make something for life and conciousness to use and adapt to and evolve.

NOTHING that we do to the earth is bad, it just may be bad for our life form.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 30, 2012
 
Liberals are FREAKS wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean that the "environment" gets dammaged ONLY in perspective to the current lifeforms viewpoint.
One's lifeforms pain is anouther lifeforms pleasure.
Yeast produce shi-t in their evironment to the point they cant be active anymore and hybernate or die....BUT our lifeform LOVE'S drinking and ingesting their "environment"!!!
Thank god there were life forms billions of years ago that produced a "deadly gas", to them, called oxegen!!!! Most current life forms have used to our advantage.
NOTHING is truely bad for the "environment". The earth and life are resilent and will evolve and use whatever is available. When people say that we are killing the earth they are completely wrong. we just make something for life and conciousness to use and adapt to and evolve.
NOTHING that we do to the earth is bad, it just may be bad for our life form.
Liberals are Freaks, they let other liberals spray and fog them with deadly toxic chemicals to see what life form develops. Even if it takes billions of years from their own ashes it "will" 'maybe' come. I have witnessed many children playing in the chemical fog behind the fogging machine. The operator of course knows they were their! That is who the county trusts as employees to do their Mosquito killing for them.
My thought is to choose how and in what way the earth will evolve.
That would be without the killing of all of our insects that we have lived with for millions of years.
Americans respiratory problems have kept an equal increasing pace with the amount of chemical insecticides sprayed over the past 45 years.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 30, 2012
 
West Nile Virus is in my opinion a government scam a conspiracy. It may have a little truth, only enough to use the information to install the public with fear.
Public safety is playing the public for fools, and quite well I would say.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 30, 2012
 
stephens1949 wrote:
So tell us please how many or what percentage of the population carry the virus with us all the time and never have any reaction to it at all. I believe I recall seeing at one time somewhere it is plenty of us.
And I also believe that this civil service reporting of it is fear mongering for government funding. Funding for civil service and chemical companies.
So they can in turn spray and fog us with dangerous toxic chemicals that further weaken our immune systems. Killing many much needed species of insects in our environment. All disrupting our natural food chain.
So it is my conclusion, my opinion, that everything being done by you all is for selfish greed and evil profits. You are being a typical government bureaucracy, just like fire fighters, school teachers and law enforcement.
ISN'T IT THAT THE MEDIA HAS A MORAL OBLIGATION TO REPORT ALL THE FACTS?
Ya'll need to start over and read the "redundant" news article once more.
Liberals are FREAKS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

stephens1949 wrote:
<quoted text>My thought is to choose how and in what way the earth will evolve.
You have nobel thoughts! Humans for some reason have the belief that we are more important than we are. In the life of the earth, we have been here a mili-second. We think a hundred years is a long time whaen it is actually nothing. You may think that pesticides have an impact on this planet but this planet never even knows pesticides exists. the planet lives a completely different life time frame. In its life. as compared to our life span. it deals with being impacted with scaring asteroid impacts that deface its surface on a daily basis. Things that us current life forms cant even immagin. How many million times has the universe wiped out the current dominant liforme on this planet only to let it re-evolve for the current conditions?????

humans are to tiny and self absorbed and have horrible self esteem issue. humans have a need to feel so important that they buy an electric car to make them believe that they are saving the planet. how pathetic. They do this eventhough it takes more resources to run an electric car than just using petrolium.
Ruthie

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

stephens1949 wrote:
Matt Ball our county paid to kill civil service employee. He does it for a job. I doubt he is very interested in anything else. He is bias towards protecting and increasing that job.
My opinion is the more he does his job the more government funding he will get.
Of course everyone wants money coming into our county, and who is likely to defend the Mosquitoes against that? It is politically charged fear mongering.
Well I am interested in protecting our Mosquitoes, our insect population, our environment. Like I said without a healthy environment we all parish. Toxic chemicals are made for a profit. By companies with questionable motives and reputations. These chemicals damage our environment.
At least two were still in the hospital Wednesday, said Dr. Mark Lundberg, the county's health officer.

All but one case was classified as "neuroinvasive," the worst type of infection, Lundberg said. In these cases, the virus causes a brain infection.

If the infection is bad enough, much of the brain is affected and systems of the body, including breathing, can shut down, Lundberg said. That's why some people die of West Nile.

Have you been infected ?
ER Tech

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

stephens1949 wrote:
Matt Ball our county paid to kill civil service employee. He does it for a job. I doubt he is very interested in anything else. He is bias towards protecting and increasing that job.
My opinion is the more he does his job the more government funding he will get.
Of course everyone wants money coming into our county, and who is likely to defend the Mosquitoes against that? It is politically charged fear mongering.
Well I am interested in protecting our Mosquitoes, our insect population, our environment. Like I said without a healthy environment we all parish. Toxic chemicals are made for a profit. By companies with questionable motives and reputations. These chemicals damage our environment.
The nature of your opinions seem to suggest you have been exposed to these toxic chemicals.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

stephens1949 wrote:
West Nile Virus is in my opinion a government scam a conspiracy. It may have a little truth, only enough to use the information to install the public with fear.
Public safety is playing the public for fools, and quite well I would say.
You need to see what happens when people get it.......

I have seen it in a few different area and even the strong and health wilt like lettuce in the desert....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 31, 2012
 
For the first time in years I had mason spiders, box elder beetles, lady bugs, squash beetles and many other insects in my yard this year. Which was very pleasing. I attribute those
successes to concerned protesters who have curtailed the government from spraying my house and yard.
It is my opinion that the BCMVCD, the Department of Health, the Board of Supervisors are doing great harm to communities in our county along with the harming of the people living in it.
The media sweep stating the number of Mosquito bites should also contain the number of cases of lung disorders. Dr Lundberg of the Health Department needs to unbiasedly simultaneously report those cases as well. One of my dear Durham friends just died of COPD last week without mention of WNV.
It is my opinion that the toxic deadly chemicals being used by the BCMVCD could have, more than likely and quite easily, significantly contributed to her demise. Possibly there are many more comparable deaths?
Please post the number of deaths from lung disorders.
I do not want my residence, my family, sprayed or fogged with Monsanto's or any other chemical companies chemicals.
Let them go continue to make their profits spraying Africa with DDT as is being done. That starving uncivilized population needs the controlling effect.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 31, 2012
 
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to see what happens when people get it.......
I have seen it in a few different area and even the strong and health wilt like lettuce in the desert....
I seriously doubt that their diet is a healthy one. Who today eats healthy?
There are so many that leave their historical ancestral environment for a new temporary one, one in which they are not immune to that weakens them. We who are strong in ours should not be weakened only for a economic government hoax that they, we all, will be protected. What the "authorities" are promoting is a false sense of security, typical of what our government is practicing for profit in this phase of our earths assistance. Government creates problems to profit from those problems, extremely so. History testifies to that.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

stephens1949 wrote:
<quoted text>I seriously doubt that their diet is a healthy one. Who today eats healthy?
There are so many that leave their historical ancestral environment for a new temporary one, one in which they are not immune to that weakens them. We who are strong in ours should not be weakened only for a economic government hoax that they, we all, will be protected. What the "authorities" are promoting is a false sense of security, typical of what our government is practicing for profit in this phase of our earths assistance. Government creates problems to profit from those problems, extremely so. History testifies to that.
Well I saw a soccer team in Brazil lose 3 and have 15 in the hospital for days.....

There diet was strictly controlled and based on rice, beans and vegetables all fresh and organic and with fish, beef and chicken added to it.

These are professional players and no money was spared in their diet or medical care and yet three died.......

These players were in the best health and shape that a person could be in and yet they melted like ICE when exposed to what a little bug can do.....
Annoyed

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

stephens1949 wrote:
<quoted text>Annoyed, are you just trying to wear me down. Yes all that talk is bull shit.
What people need to do is build up their immunity by eating a proper diet and allowing the mosquitoes to vaccinate them with there bite. What the government is doing now is only making the Mosquitoes stronger, at the same time as I said destroying our environment. You need to look at things from a more enlightened perspective.
Stop throwing out bull shit I have to respond to, it is exhausting. Stop worrying about people we have plenty, young and eager to go to work as soon as Obama gets out of the way.
Yes the environment needs to come first otherwise we all die.
No, no...the sky IS NOT falling and we will NOT "all die" as you bleat.
So you can't make the mosquitoes stronger????? So let people F'ing DIE to prove your point???? You're insane. How about if you knew it was you or your wife or son or daughter who would next get the disease???? Would you be happy to give them this sickness in the name of the environment?????
Stop the railroad thinking and use your brain.....then I won't have to post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oroville Discussions

Search the Oroville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Brian_G 7,851
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Orange Cove cow licker 200,366
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr tail pipe 4,898
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Blaze kept to 4 acres on Plumas Avenue in Oroville Jul 27 Steven Jenkins 1
Council continues Walmart appeals (Dec '10) Jul 26 Randy 48
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••