California man dies after fall into meat grinder

Authorities were investigating the death Monday of a 72-year-old worker who fell into a meat-grinding machine at a processing plant. Full Story
Sad

Chico, CA

#1 Mar 2, 2011
This company should be closed.
Indian

Chico, CA

#2 Mar 2, 2011
I would like to say that even though human life is worth more.The people that work there know that the job is dangerous.Yes the company should do checks on the safety of the auto shut offs and do debreefs on safety with the employees at least once a month.But all in all we don't know if the guy fell asleep.We don't know if the guy died right before he fell in.And how long has the company been in business compared to how many accident claims have been made.
SUSPICIOUS

Porter, TX

#3 Mar 4, 2011
Given the part of the state the accident occured in, I am suspicious. The central San Joaquin Valley is riddled with crime. I have no doubt this man was pushed...as were the others. Hanford at least, is a better place than Corcoran. This valley, which was once akin to "Mayberry" is now a hell hole of violence.
real people

United States

#4 Aug 21, 2012
this is not the fault of all the employees that work hard and need their job, punish the person or persons responsible, dont punish the whole town by having a loss of jobs. i do not work there nor do i no anyone who does, but i do no that jobs are already hard to come by and the town should not have to pay for this.

“Use a klean kanteen.”

Since: Mar 08

california

#5 Sep 10, 2012
The story is gone. What happened?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laser treatment that tackles toenail fungus ava... (Jan '09) Jan 20 SaTaN 166
any girls want to Skype? Jan 20 SaTaN 2
Review: Grain FED Worm Castings Jan 20 Joeknows 1
Funeral today for homicide victims (Jul '08) Jan 12 Ridiculous Website 1 38
: Homes near Palermo evacuated as fire burns st... (Jun '08) Jan 5 Joan Rios 20
Men injured in Oroville shooting Jan 3 trizteza 2
Police Shooting on April 28 / victim Victor Col... (May '14) Jan 1 WeCopWatch 3
Oroville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web