Pacific Oroville Power hits off switch

The burner at Pacific Oroville Power, Inc. on South Fifth Ave. hasn't been blowing smoke for more than a week. Full Story
IHATEGREEN

AOL

#1 Jan 28, 2010
This is a typical case of environmental fascism!Mike Ramsey's environmental Gestapo have targeted the cogeneration plant with bogus claims of burning hazardous materials,and now California Regional Water Quality Control Board shows up?Sounds a bit fishy,does it not?California Regional water Control Board is just as corrupt as all the other state agencies run by non elected officials.These eco-bureacracies must be stopped!The time is way over due,they have all but destroyed our great state.Everyone must start leaning on the legislature to abolish these agencies,starting with the repeal of AB32.
Buster203

Chico, CA

#2 Jan 28, 2010
Good morning Buster.
Bill W

Chico, CA

#3 Jan 29, 2010
Something fishy going on here....
Cuqui

Madison Heights, MI

#4 Jan 31, 2010
The guy is shady, to put it mildly.

Reporter must've been on a heck of a deadline, considering the article lacks any basis from where her information was derived, it's poorly executed, and it looks like she couldn't wait to get it printed. Wonder who called her to get her in on it...? Hmm.
Chopshopgal

Ladera Ranch, CA

#5 Feb 2, 2010
Doesn't Mike Ramsey have bigger fish to fry in Butte County...? Just add the workers from the Plant to the big line of unemployed people in Oroville...sad, sad, sad!
ping

Durham, CA

#6 Feb 2, 2010
Ah yes the out of control power plant in south Oroville. If I see one more tax dollar wasted on fire suppression there I will crap a brick and mail it to city hall. Riddle me this Batman "why is this facility allowed to use the fire dept. to extinguish their rubble pile fires?"
gafferps

Redding, CA

#7 Feb 11, 2010
ping wrote:
Ah yes the out of control power plant in south Oroville. If I see one more tax dollar wasted on fire suppression there I will crap a brick and mail it to city hall. Riddle me this Batman "why is this facility allowed to use the fire dept. to extinguish their rubble pile fires?"
For the same reason that POPI can use the Sheriff/coroner to cover-up killing employee's----MONEY!!!!!!
The Widow Herself

United States

#8 Feb 13, 2010
Umm Ping, they don't just use the Fire Dept, they use your Out of Work Neighbors for Fire Suppression. Safety at this plant is Seriously in Question at POPI.. Seems like Covanta Energy has more than just miss use of the Fire Dept to consider... How about the SAFETY for ALL EMPLOYEES.... Do you want your friends or family member to come back in a Body Bag??
What

Oroville, CA

#9 Feb 18, 2010
So the stench today isn't the plant? Is it the lumber yard? My eyes are fuzzy, allergies gone crazy, and it stinks outside. I thought that was the power plant. Of course, their piles are smoldering... I saw that driving by. Maybe it's the smoldering piles of self combustible material?
What

Oroville, CA

#10 Feb 18, 2010
Does anyone else find it interesting that our own Environmental Health department received MANY complaints about the plant but the ash had to leave the county for the problem to be identified? Hummmmmmm......

They Environmental Health told me that they were "working closely" with the management at the plant and the plant had "passed all of the tests". Suspicious?

“The Widow is watching.......”

Since: Dec 09

SanFrancisco, Ca

#11 Feb 19, 2010
Suspicious, NOT the word I would use...but you may be in the right area....Oh and as for the Smell, yah that would be the Sewwt Smell of Covantas Hold on everything......
The Widow Herself

United States

#12 Jan 8, 2013
I just found out POPI has gone out of business, THANK GOODNESS! I just wish I could have been there that day. I would have poped the Champagne Myself. Still No One wants to tell me about that night. Hummm Maybe Now???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laser treatment that tackles toenail fungus ava... (Jan '09) Dec 12 Gary Puntman 165
Police Shooting on April 28 / victim Victor Col... (May '14) Dec 6 Retired Law 2
School Closings: Port Huron, Marysville (Feb '08) Nov 25 hpallett 11
Men injured in Oroville shooting Nov 24 deborahughes 1
Oroville super Walmart project appeals consider... (Dec '10) Nov '14 mikmax 73
Historic Bridge Part of the Virginia Turnpike T... (Apr '14) Nov '14 American Gentlema... 2
Butte vows to defy unfunded mandates: Superviso... (Feb '09) Nov '14 backyard223 22
Oroville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:14 pm PST