New clues sought in two homicides

New clues sought in two homicides

There are 440 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Feb 28, 2012, titled New clues sought in two homicides. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Mary Borchers, the best friend of victim De Ann Johnson, is seen leading a march in Biggs on Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

“WHEN SOME1 SHOWS U WHO THEY R”

Since: Jul 08

BELIEVE THEM

#21 Feb 29, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
hey gem... Do you not see he is involved in multiple murders?
No, I don't see that he is involved in multiple murders. I see that he was never arrested for the 30 yr old murder. Was he arrested or questioned in the other murder? I see that people believe he was involved in both murders, but beliefs don't bring about arrests or convictions, evidence does.
If he was involved in the most recent murder, why isn't something being done by people who wear uniforms and badges? I don't think for a second that he is slick enough to get away with two murders.

BELIEVE THEM

#22 Feb 29, 2012
I know u wrote:
<quoted text>Let's look at this realistically... said person killed a girl over 30 yrs. ago.. got away with it.. said person killed another girl... got away with it.. Police do not even name him as a person of interest.. now this group goes to his home town and he finds them and spits on one of them.. doesn't add up.
I say look closer to home, as I said in the past. Not saying said person is innocent... just need to look closer to HOME.
Exactly! If he was a suspect or person of interest 30 yrs ago, wouldn't something have been done when the second woman was murdered? I refuse to believe that the police are just that inept in two cities. I don't think he's a serial killer either.I do believe he is a mama's boy and a woman beater, and I'm not saying he did or didn't murder the second woman, because I don't know. I will say I can't blame him for spitting on someone. He was never named anything by police, now some woman and her cronies show up in the city he lives accusing or insinuating that he was involved in two murders. That doens't seem very fair to me.I wonder why he hasn't filed any harassment charges on these people.Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when you start making accusations and dang near harassing people at their home, there are going to be consequences.

-Kevin-

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#23 Feb 29, 2012
All I have to say on the matter, is all I am going to say. This will all eventually come to light.

Carry on.

BELIEVE THEM

#24 Feb 29, 2012
I know u wrote:
<quoted text>Let's look at this realistically... said person killed a girl over 30 yrs. ago.. got away with it.. said person killed another girl... got away with it.. Police do not even name him as a person of interest.. now this group goes to his home town and he finds them and spits on one of them.. doesn't add up.
I say look closer to home, as I said in the past. Not saying said person is innocent... just need to look closer to HOME.
I completely agree with you.

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#25 Feb 29, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
All I have to say on the matter, is all I am going to say.
So all you are going to say on the matter is what you have to say.

Got it.

“Love Your Life!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#26 Feb 29, 2012
I don't know the whole back story going back decades, but I do know that while this guy may be a total POS and a coward who hits females, it does not give people the right to persecute him or his family. While I have no sympathy for this guy, I do for his family that are also being victimized by the people calling him a murderer with no real concrete proof, just speculation. I'm sure his kid or kids already had a crappy life with him as their father and don't need to deal with a bunch of strangers on a witch hunt for the rest of their lives. If he is guilty, only time will tell. And I don't see how after 30 or so years, that he will be. It hasn't happened yet, even with all the new technology and also the fact that if there were any witnesses, they are getting older and memories change. If someone were doing this to my dad, I would do more than just spit at the person. All this talk and accusations doesn't mean anything at this point if there is no proof.
I know u

Clearlake, CA

#27 Feb 29, 2012
-Kevin- wrote:
I just want to add. No one in here has been nasty to ANY of you lately. We've ignored the taunts, and such. Just like I said I would.
I was hoping this would at least put an end to this pettiness. I guess I was wrong. Some people still want to carry a grudge.
I wish you all the luck. You're going to need it.
Kevin, go away. Or better yet if you want to stalk someone into telling what they know about this old case why not start with Paula and deAnnas Brothers? I for one think they hold the answers.
Mary stated a couple yrs. ago she was invited to the party along with another friend of theirs.. Paula.. DeAnna left the party with Paula.. so let's ask Paula to take it from there... what happened next?
AWife

Torrance, CA

#28 Feb 29, 2012
This dirtbag needs put behind bars.
Thank you Mary for all the hard work you've done. I've read through this forum and I can't believe how nasty people are about something good. Idle hands are the devil's workshop
I know u

Clearlake, CA

#29 Feb 29, 2012
AWife wrote:
Thank you Mary for all the hard work you've done. I've read through this forum and I can't believe how nasty people are about something good. Idle hands are the devil's workshop
Just because we are not joining Mary and her crew does not mean we are idle. We also want to see justice for these murders, but our leads are closer to home.

Los Angeles, CA

#30 Feb 29, 2012
Gemineye wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! If he was a suspect or person of interest 30 yrs ago, wouldn't something have been done when the second woman was murdered? I refuse to believe that the police are just that inept in two cities. I don't think he's a serial killer either.I do believe he is a mama's boy and a woman beater, and I'm not saying he did or didn't murder the second woman, because I don't know. I will say I can't blame him for spitting on someone. He was never named anything by police, now some woman and her cronies show up in the city he lives accusing or insinuating that he was involved in two murders. That doens't seem very fair to me.I wonder why he hasn't filed any harassment charges on these people.Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when you start making accusations and dang near harassing people at their home, there are going to be consequences.
I agree. If I were this guy, which I would never be because I'm not a scumbag, I would be recording everything that this group did to harass me and sue the dogs hit out of the whole group as soon as they made a mistake which I'm sure a bunch of themdo regularly.
Idiots

Torrance, CA

#31 Feb 29, 2012
Nothing has been done illegally. You all are a bunch of talk-smacks that should be ashamed of yourself.

His days are numbered. And all you nay-sayers will look like fools in the end.

Los Angeles, CA

#32 Feb 29, 2012
Idiots wrote:
Nothing has been done illegally. You all are a bunch of talk-smacks that should be ashamed of yourself.
His days are numbered. And all you nay-sayers will look like fools in the end.
When they put this guys name and picture on their fliers as they did in the past, that was without a doubt illegal.

I think you were trying to call us "smack talkers" and that's ok.
I know u

Clearlake, CA

#33 Feb 29, 2012
AWife wrote:
Why didn't Deannas brothers check the RR tracks the night she was murdered and did not return home? The tracks were used regularly by the kids as short cut to and from houses. Brother returned home at 10 pm Deanna not home so he goes looking for her. Where did he go to look? Back to the party? If the boys in question had just killed this girl, bashed her face in with a rock, this brother would of picked up on something in their presence. I do not think for a min. that she was carried from the party house.

-Kevin-

Smirk .. ;-)

#34 Feb 29, 2012
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
When they put this guys name and picture on their fliers as they did in the past, that was without a doubt illegal.
I think you were trying to call us "smack talkers" and that's ok.
No, no it wasn't. He was put down as a person of interest. And he was. There was nothing illegal about it.

-Kevin-

Smirk .. ;-)

#35 Feb 29, 2012
I know u wrote:
<quoted text>Why didn't Deannas brothers check the RR tracks the night she was murdered and did not return home? The tracks were used regularly by the kids as short cut to and from houses. Brother returned home at 10 pm Deanna not home so he goes looking for her. Where did he go to look? Back to the party? If the boys in question had just killed this girl, bashed her face in with a rock, this brother would of picked up on something in their presence. I do not think for a min. that she was carried from the party house.
You are showing how little you know. Please, lets not be nasty.

“It's All Bush's Fault!”

Since: Sep 11

Washington, DC

#37 Feb 29, 2012
I was referring to old flyers that ALSO said they were persons of interest. And they are. There is nothing illegal about that.

“It's All Obama's Fault”

Since: Sep 11

Washington, DC

#38 Feb 29, 2012
It's Obama's fault.
It's all about JUSTICE

Vacaville, CA

#39 Feb 29, 2012
All of you haters need to think about something, what if it was your sister, mother, daughter or friend who was brutally murdered, wouldn't you do anything to bring the suspects and or POI's to justice? Keep the case alive so your family member or friend is not forgotten??
I do feel sorry for the innocent family members who didn't have a choice when they were brought into this world who their parents would be. The victims' families have suffered all these years and if it means the murderers family have to suffer its only right, because the murderer MUST pay for what he or she has done !!! Hopefully the truth will be known soon and we can put all of this to rest!! But for now, I repeat, what would you do if your family member was taken from you? Sit back? Do nothing ? I DON'T THINK SO!!

Mary, with the support of her friends will continue the fight!!

BELIEVE THEM

#40 Mar 1, 2012
[QUOTE who="It's all about JUSTICE"]All of you haters need to think about something, what if it was your sister, mother, daughter or friend who was brutally murdered, wouldn't you do anything to bring the suspects and or POI's to justice? Keep the case alive so your family member or friend is not forgotten??
I do feel sorry for the innocent family members who didn't have a choice when they were brought into this world who their parents would be. The victims' families have suffered all these years and if it means the murderers family have to suffer its only right, because the murderer MUST pay for what he or she has done !!! Hopefully the truth will be known soon and we can put all of this to rest!! But for now, I repeat, what would you do if your family member was taken from you? Sit back? Do nothing ? I DON'T THINK SO!!
Mary, with the support of her friends will continue the fight!![/QUOTE]If something happened to my FAMILY member, it would be the cops job to figure out what happened. That's what they are paid to do.Where's Deanna's family in all of this? They aren't making fliers and harassing people. Nope, they left the state and left the cause. Mary isn't family, and she is the one that refers to herself as Deanna's best friend. You sheeple just globbed onto her movement.Deanna isn't here to confirm that her and Deanna were best friends.Wasn't Paula Deanna's best friend? The best friend that took her to the party? Why isn't she harassing people? At the end of the day, that's what is happening. People are being harassed out of the blue after thirty years.You can call someone a murderer until you're blue in the face. Until they are actually charged with a crime, they are not a murderer. Now, since you believe they are a murderer, how smart does that make the people who are harassing him, and bombarding his town with fliers regarding a murder you think he committed? You all think he nbot only murdered one woman, but two. Do you think if you bother him enough he's going to snapo and confess, rather than add you stalkers to his list of unsolved murders? I mean, if he already has two dead bodies behind him, what would stop him from adding another? After all, you're trying to end his freedom he's had for 30 years.That's not the smartest thing, IMO, but go on Nancy Drew, and keep digging that hole for yourself, so when he takes care of you, you can be buried in it.

-Natasfonos-

[email protected] .com”

Since: Jul 10

[email protected]

#41 Mar 1, 2012
Deannasfriend wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are all wrong, including Kevin. Marvin Ray Markle, Jr's name is nowhere on the fliers. It simply states it is believed that the person of interest in both of these unsolved homicide cases residess right here in your community, Biggs, CA. Now if he chose to feel guilty and throw his name out, as he did, then that is on him. Every law enforcement agency involved approved the flier in advance. Another correction, I am not working for law enforcement. Law enforcement knows exactly what I am doing in regards to both cases because Butte County Sheriffs office is the one who contacted me to inform of the person of interest in De Anna's case is the same who is in the Pratt case. It would make sense for you all to think the worst of me and my efforts if you truly dont know the whole story, which you dont. So, please continue bashing me and my efforts because what your doing is bringing both cases further in the public eye. Thanks for all your help.
Keep doing the right thing, Mary. It seems to be upsetting the guilty party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man shot multiple times in Berry Creek a disputea Dec 5 tdrake 1
News More than 500 in Butte schools have pay and ben... Nov 21 Disproportionate 1
News Arrest made in transient stabbing in Chico (Nov '09) Nov 12 Reddic 30
News Council candidate Quintel wants to reduce busin... (Oct '10) Nov 11 TheKing 27
News Search teams look for at-risk Berry Creek man Nov 9 Rick 2
News Butte County jury convicts Vallejo man in home-... (Jun '08) Nov '16 Bouie sister 2
Need help identifying this Richvale family Oct '16 Terpy 1

Oroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oroville Mortgages