Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
199,741 - 199,760 of 200,369 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
ssppeelllccchhhe eeeccckkk

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

cant replace all the dropped letters
ENDEARMENT
Nazi

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

these guys hate as much in one day s I sh*t in a month
...so far
Fillers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

No sane people like #231184 needs to start walking around the block at night more often.

Floggings will continue since there are so many stupid people out there acting like idiots, leave the law alone and get on with your miserable little lives - so says GOD.
mule

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Fillers wrote:
No sane people like #231184 needs to start walking around the block at night more often.
Floggings will continue since there are so many stupid people out there acting like idiots, leave the law alone and get on with your miserable little lives - so says GOD.
(laughing) that was me, mijo :)
keypad was f*ckin' up
Mulie

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

It's known as Mulie.
StAtsnFgrs

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

I'm watching how the numbers went up on the froot count
Who - What the f*ck IS that? Is there really that many people adding to those numbers, but who are too SCARED to post?
N O way can I believe it, Those number are too big AND fluctuating'
Too Few Posts.
AsForMe

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

I haven't been able to affect any of the numbers or replace icons as has been done already, WTF! I can't TURN BACK the
NAZI DIRT-HORDE BY VOTING?! F*CK YOU!
I'm spreading More LOVE!
and cleaning you out!
Stucture

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

As for you is the correct sentence structure.
Sally s Mom

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

moshe moshe wong dong wrote:
Howdy!
I want to propose the Hon Bundy for special envoy to end all rents and forget about the rents and leases too as these are inconvenient and go against the amendments. Must preserve the amendments and so we will not pay the rent. NO RENT. In order for this to work we need an off set; NO TAXES on the landlord/rich, as per a amendments. This will appease them and then we can get away with not paying rent as they will not pay taxes and so the baseline remains the same, like the amendments. This is trickle down economics at full trickle. As for all you folks worrying about the night time bug-lamped goings on at them there portopotty things, GO EARLY, or plan on staying late to read the amendments on all fours. While we are at it we need to get in some amendments saving wars pronto in order to buoy up our national buoy, what needs buoying. BaSICALLY; no RENTS, no TAXES, more WARS. The portopotty stuff is yours to do with as you please under the buzzing bug lites of fleeting fame.
SO, are you for christ or not? Are you for Cheney, or not? What of this ported patty thing? Are you in our Teaparty? I guess so, but you are not on all the talking points...please see the bulletin on the talking points and stay on the talking points as they are the talking points to talk about on them.
AtLast A question

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

Sally s Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
SO, are you for christ or not? Are you for Cheney, or not? What of this ported patty thing? Are you in our Teaparty? I guess so, but you are not on all the talking points...please see the bulletin on the talking points and stay on the talking points as they are the talking points to talk about on them.
Good to hear You speak clearly and make a clear and reasonable request, TeaParty or not - YOU'RE O. K. Some of the posts have been confusing, others have been ongoing conversations between rivals as well as allies. They are rabble-rowsing to stimulate a response - AND WHAT A RESPONSE! I have detected something in the 'numbers' referred to in other posts: a lot of the references to Christian affiliation or 'God's chillun' are associated with - and in response to - accusations of shall we say "sexual immorality"
ALL OF THIS is NOT the beautiful Christianity I've been lucky enough to see.
If you don't know about the porta-potty, you really don't want to.
ALWAYS ATTEND YOUR CHILDREN IN PUBLIC RESTROOMS
That is all
run wilders

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

And when the crazy's get going they run wild.
ThingsAsTheyAreN OW

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

From The Civic Rights Litigation Clearinghouse
University of Michigan Law School

Case Name Hollingsworth v. Perry PB-CA-0029
Docket / Court 3:09-cv-02292-VRW ( N.D. Cal.)
State/Territory California
Case Type(s) Public Benefits / Government Services
Case Summary

On May 22, 2009, two same-sex couples who had been denied marriage licenses in California filed a lawsuit under 42 U.S.C. 1983 against the State of California in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, San Francisco Division. The plaintiffs, represented by private counsel, asked the court for declaratory and injunctive relief, alleging a Fourteenth Amendment violation. Specifically, the plaintiffs claimed that California, by amending its constitution in 2008 to once again limit marriage to opposite-sex couples, had violated the due process and equal protection clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment.

On December 7, 2012, the Supreme Court granted certiorari, agreeing to review the case. The court ordered briefing on two questions on review:(1) whether the Equal Protection Clause makes unconstitutional California's definition of marriage as available only to different sex couples, and (2) whether the backers of Proposition 8 have standing to appeal the 9th Circuit decision striking it down.

On June 26, 2013, in an opinion by Chief Justice Roberts (joined by Justices Scalia, Ginsburg, Breyer, and Kagan), the Supreme Court found that nobody with standing to appeal had, in fact, appealed the district court ruling, and accordingly vacated that decision. This left in place the district court's decision striking Prop 8 down -- so same-sex marriage is legal is California.

Christopher Schad - 12/07/2012
Margo Schlanger - 06/26/2013*
JUST NOW checked this - 06/20/2014, 5:07 pm

NOTHING HAS CHANGED since 6/26/13* it's OVER.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

Sgt Peppers wrote:
Go Bruins. United Corksoakers Lesbians Aholes
Oh Sargie, I like that one. The fellas and I will have to try the corksoaking in our Friday (tonight) hot tub get-togethers in Manhattan Beach CA. Coincidently, that is where all those hunky L.A. Kings players live :)

You may remember the Kings. They were those nasty fellas that KABOOMED the New Jersey Devils two years ago and again the New York Rangers this season. Sorry my friend, at least you still have the Yankees back there to root for ;)

Go Bruins, Go Kings! Sometimes being pompous, tan, and warm has our rewards!

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

ThingsAsTheyAreNOW wrote:
From The Civic Rights Litigation Clearinghouse
University of Michigan Law School
Case Name Hollingsworth v. Perry PB-CA-0029
Docket / Court 3:09-cv-02292-VRW ( N.D. Cal.)
State/Territory California
Case Type(s) Public Benefits / Government Services
Case Summary
On May 22, 2009, two same-sex couples who had been denied marriage licenses in California filed a lawsuit under 42 U.S.C. 1983 against the State of California in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, San Francisco Division. The plaintiffs, represented by private counsel, asked the court for declaratory and injunctive relief, alleging a Fourteenth Amendment violation. Specifically, the plaintiffs claimed that California, by amending its constitution in 2008 to once again limit marriage to opposite-sex couples, had violated the due process and equal protection clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment.
On December 7, 2012, the Supreme Court granted certiorari, agreeing to review the case. The court ordered briefing on two questions on review:(1) whether the Equal Protection Clause makes unconstitutional California's definition of marriage as available only to different sex couples, and (2) whether the backers of Proposition 8 have standing to appeal the 9th Circuit decision striking it down.
On June 26, 2013, in an opinion by Chief Justice Roberts (joined by Justices Scalia, Ginsburg, Breyer, and Kagan), the Supreme Court found that nobody with standing to appeal had, in fact, appealed the district court ruling, and accordingly vacated that decision. This left in place the district court's decision striking Prop 8 down -- so same-sex marriage is legal is California.
Christopher Schad - 12/07/2012
Margo Schlanger - 06/26/2013*
JUST NOW checked this - 06/20/2014, 5:07 pm
NOTHING HAS CHANGED since 6/26/13* it's OVER.
Please fella, I didn't get past Clearinghouse :/

Your post looks like the fine print at the bottom of the cable bill. And frankly, who the hell reads that :/

Go Bruins! Time to play, not read a four page essay!
startngToLookBet ter

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Please fella, I didn't get past Clearinghouse :/
Your post looks like the fine print at the bottom of the cable bill. And frankly, who the hell reads that :/
WTF ARE you doing at UCLA?
Those feW paragraphs are the CORE of the California Prop. 8 ban on same-sex marriage debate AND the F*CKING LAW of the land in the State of California
RIGHT NOW @ 5:56 PM, FRIDAY, JUNE 20, The Year of Our Lord 2014
UCLAindeed

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

NOT impressed.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Sargie, I like that one. The fellas and I will have to try the corksoaking in our Friday (tonight) hot tub get-togethers in Manhattan Beach CA. Coincidently, that is where all those hunky L.A. Kings players live :)
You may remember the Kings. They were those nasty fellas that KABOOMED the New Jersey Devils two years ago and again the New York Rangers this season. Sorry my friend, at least you still have the Yankees back there to root for ;)
Go Bruins, Go Kings! Sometimes being pompous, tan, and warm has our rewards!
esy pee wee, LA has a history of low attendance. they can't even support a football team.
FREE TUITION

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Please fella, I didn't get past Clearinghouse :/
http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php...
Get yourself a REAL education at the University of Life, child. Playtime is over for the Bruins if THIS is the best they can do.
I don't have time for a moron up to his BUTT-F*CK in debt for that impressive education.
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

Come on Pete. If you said you played drop the soap with Richard Simmons I could believe you. But the Kings?
HidngHitlerCrouc hngPrvrt

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

O K all you little HITLERs, you j*ck-off f*cks.
you're too cowardly or stupid to post so
KKKeep throwing nuts n froot and get your feak-army to help you 'cuz you're usin both hands in the TEA Room for something you HATE yourself for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••