Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#229394 Feb 28, 2014
Better than wrote:
Kentucky is now required to recognize gay marriages performed in other states. A federal judge has just signed the final order, the AP reports.
In his preliminary decision earlier in February, U.S. District Judge John G. Heyburn II struck down portions of Kentucky law that define marriage as between one man and one woman.
Did the gay cult threaten to demonstrate at the next Kentucky Derby and Whisky distributors to get their way like they did in AZ. what a weak as government.
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#229395 Feb 28, 2014
JrSamples wrote:
<quoted text>
With your two chin warts and the three whisker hairs growing out from each, you sure do make for a funky looking lesbian. Sort of nasty really...
Wasn't Meeeeeeee! is your head spinning?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#229396 Feb 28, 2014
The dominos are falling faster, we are now deep in red states where discrimination, hatred, and oppression are being replaced with the values of freedom and justice.

It was a trickle 2 years ago, faster last year, and now the floodgates are opening.

It is time, it is long past time for this.

And where you stand on the right or wrong side of history is how you and the groups you represent will be perceived through history.

If you are on the side of Freedom, Equality and Justice, then you and your groups will be perceived as on the side of right

And if you are on the side of oppression, of discrimination, of hatred for your fellow Americans, your organizations will spend decades, even centuries trying to lose that stain.
Poof

Madison, WI

#229397 Feb 28, 2014
Big D wrote:
The dominos are falling faster, we are now deep in red states where discrimination, hatred, and oppression are being replaced with the values of freedom and justice.
It was a trickle 2 years ago, faster last year, and now the floodgates are opening.
And where you stand on the right or wrong side of history is how you and the groups you represent will be perceived through history.
If you are on the side of Freedom, Equality and Justice, then you and your groups will be perceived as on the side of right
And if you are on the side of oppression, of discrimination, of hatred for your fellow Americans, your organizations will spend decades, even centuries trying to lose that stain.
Stain? Is Frankie here?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#229398 Feb 28, 2014
Big D wrote:
Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#229399 Feb 28, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Stain? Is Frankie here?
Not to worry! I am here you big dopey galoot.
Scope

Sierra Madre, CA

#229400 Feb 28, 2014
The best way to find out about an apartment building or an area in general is to ask survey the neighbors already living there. When you tour your apartment, not only take notes about the rental itself, but also about the social climate.

Before signing a lease, drive around the neighborhood at different times of day to get an idea of the atmosphere and to observe your potential new surroundings. Is it safe? Are people socializing or loitering?

As you tour the neighborhood, scout out the local businesses. What types of stores are there? Small mom-and-pop stores and a rustic-looking downtown shopping district may indicate a warm, community-minded neighborhood. Large shopping malls with major chain stores and fast food restaurants could indicate a suburban, working-class area. Count how many boarded-up storefronts or run-down strip malls you find. A large percentage of closed businesses could indicate that the neighborhood is in the midst of an economic downturn. If you have children, look at school ratings online.

Try to get a feel for the economic direction of the neighborhood by examining the area’s real estate market. Well-maintained homes with nicely kept landscaping, fresh paint and modern cars in the driveway signify economic well-being. Untidy homes with junk littering the lawns indicate a lower quality of life. Look out for “home for sale” signs. A glut of houses for sale or declining home values could indicate a neighborhood that is going south.

It’s impossible to ignore the ever-present real estate and rental mantra of “location, location, location.” No matter how nice an apartment looks and how beautifully it suits your needs, it cannot compensate for a bad neighborhood. Inspect the neighborhood carefully to make sure that you buy a house in a neighborhood where you will feel happy and safe.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#229401 Feb 28, 2014
Poof Daddy walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender notices his head is the size of a cue ball.

"I got to ask, sir," says the bartender. "What happened?"

Poof Daddy sighs and tells him, "My ship was torpedoed by the Germans in WWII. A mermaid rescued me and promised to grant me three wishes. For my first wish, I asked to return to the States. My second wish was to have all the money I would ever need. Finally, my third wish was to have sex with the mermaid."

"That doesn't sound too bad," says the bartender. "Then what happened?"

"Well," sighed Poof Daddy, "mermaids can't have sex, so I asked her if I could just have a little head...."

And that is why Poof Daddy is a pin head.
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#229402 Feb 28, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't Meeeeeeee! is your head spinning?
You truly are a worthless carbon unit who brings absolutely nothing to this world. We ALL would be better off if you just up an' died. With a little luck, you would do just that!
TrashDonnelly

Sierra Madre, CA

#229403 Feb 28, 2014
Tim Donnelly, a so-called good guy of society and champion crusader of the tea party cause, would have been in hot water had he been an elected official with brown or black skin who broke the law.
Representing such conservative areas as the High Desert, Donnelly broke the law once again by being in possession of a loaded weapon — a violation of his probation terms!
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#229404 Feb 28, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are a worthless carbon unit who brings absolutely nothing to this world. We ALL would be better off if you just up an' died. With a little luck, you would do just that!
Gee, you stupid low life, you wouldn't even say this to those who talk about your "glowing" kids, what a Biach you are. LMAO
GlowPlugs

Sierra Madre, CA

#229405 Feb 28, 2014
The Glow Plug, Tim Donnelly, a so-called good guy of society and champion crusader of the tea party cause, would have been in hot water had he been an elected official with brown or black skin who broke the law.
Representing such conservative areas as the High Desert, Donnelly broke the law once again by being in possession of a loaded weapon — a violation of his probation terms!
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#229406 Feb 28, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>You stu pid dumb ass --- I'm not trying too fool anyone! it's jus a change of names you idiot julst like the fool from L.A. who writes shit about you all day long, you believe all the nemes they write you stupid ass. I'll tell you right now to make it perfectly clear to you, my name is not Bruno, it is a fictisious name like all the others, you know just like the one you changed from to Calie 14 you dumb ass. Very few stuip idiots like you give a real name and location. What a dumb Ass it's idiots like you that keeps me coming back Hahahaha
No you idiot,you look stupid.Your
spelling sucks like you!
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#229407 Feb 28, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never seen me Bruno...Good
Try though lol at you...Crypt keeper!!
Yes I have, we all have and after the horrible comments made to your ugly mug picture you took it down, what does that tell you? you are iether a liar or a troll poser. "Ousted" !

It must SUCK to be you!
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#229409 Feb 28, 2014
Have you had enough you low life, Biach? you keep coming back for more abuse like an idot that you are, you only have one friend in here who used to abuse you too you are one in the same --- too funny!
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#229410 Feb 28, 2014
Cali 14:

You C an't U nderstand N ormal T hinking, can you?
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#229411 Feb 28, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
No you idiot,you look stupid.Your
spelling sucks like you!
try to overlook the typos dummy
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#229412 Feb 28, 2014
GlowPlugs wrote:
The Glow Plug, Tim Donnelly, a so-called good guy of society and champion crusader of the tea party cause, would have been in hot water had he been an elected official with brown or black skin who broke the law.
Pay closer attention, politicians are hitting the news left and right these days . They all SUCK ont just one!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#229413 Feb 28, 2014
Bruno, Big D and Poof Daddy walk into a bar. The bartender looks at them and says, "What is this, a joke?"

YUK!YUK!YUK! Ah good times!
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#229414 Feb 28, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I have, we all have and after the horrible comments made to your ugly mug picture you took it down, what does that tell you? you are iether a liar or a troll poser. "Ousted" !

It must SUCK to be you!
I can't get ANY profile pic to stay up!
What about your picture....? You are
just a wobbly old man.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
marvin and beverly mcquarrie (Feb '14) Fri Glenn Schoeneck 3
News SmartMeters being installed by PG&E in Butte Co... (May '10) Thu Sigmund Freud 36
News Grand jury probed two Ridge officers (Mar '08) Apr 29 Concerned citizen 508
Review: Dennis Lucas Plumbing Repair (Oct '11) Apr 29 PB4YOU 2
News Rape suspect arrested by Oroville police (Jun '10) Apr 25 keepalowprofile 12
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Apr '15 I knew ziggy 97
Review: Oroville Tacos (Aug '14) Mar '15 tamikajohnson1959 5
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]