Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
198,001 - 198,020 of 200,593 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#229107 Feb 19, 2014
JrSamples wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny aint it!!!
Great post and 100% spot on. Ah good times!
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#229108 Feb 20, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
How then do you explain the very fact that laws about marriage exist and are regulated by the government?
Well, the existence of laws and subsequent enforcement are the stuff of 5th grade social studies.However, as i believe that your question is more pointed, i will give it up. Lobbying, special interest groups, corruption. This is how those SSM laws are coming to be. Go on, try to tell me that lobbying isn't the main tool used by your side to achieve its ends. Compound your error and tell me that our politicos are not corrupt and approachable...

Wooster, OH

#229109 Feb 20, 2014
eMBRACE3D wrote:
We have had this talk before, shut down this stink hole of a topic, America has already embraced it so to the other FO
Lies. America isn't "embracing" it, it is suffering it. If you can't speak the truth, you have no business posting...

Wooster, OH

#229110 Feb 20, 2014
Big D wrote:
Another State takes it down
Virginia
Probably Nevada next
People are starting to realize they donít want to be on the wrong side of history.
Check D out. Thinks he can claim that people care "which side of history they're on" ... OMG, your corporate playbook is getting tired.. Got news for you, Big Dunce, people don't vote in relation to "which side of history they're on"... and, people don't want to continue to watch the lobbying win.
Dorn

La Puente, CA

#229111 Feb 20, 2014
JrSamples wrote:
Us folks in Shytown U.S.of A.don't take kindly to seeing two men kissin in our public parks. Yall want to do dat take it in your house!
+------
I also do not like to see straight couples kissing in the park or other public places.
JrSamples

Los Angeles, CA

#229112 Feb 20, 2014
Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
+------
I also do not like to see straight couples kissing in the park or other public places.
Wa not? it's a normal act between man an woman, the way it's suposed to be. It's somtin kids can relate to becuase they see mom and dad do it all the time, kids would question seeing two men kissin, it aint normal. It's you homosexuals that is trying hard to make it more visible to kids, you want to teach em young. It aint right and you forcing your lifestyle on society. please stop!
the ususal suspects

Sierra Madre, CA

#229113 Feb 20, 2014
With all the usual suspect rounded up, who is left?
Lets pick on the under privileged.

That always works good for the stinking Republican's andGOP

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#229114 Feb 20, 2014
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text> Well, the existence of laws and subsequent enforcement are the stuff of 5th grade social studies.However, as i believe that your question is more pointed, i will give it up. Lobbying, special interest groups, corruption. This is how those SSM laws are coming to be. Go on, try to tell me that lobbying isn't the main tool used by your side to achieve its ends. Compound your error and tell me that our politicos are not corrupt and approachable...
I was reply to a claim that marriages are not governed contracts when I said "How then do you explain the very fact that laws about marriage exist and are regulated by the government? ".
You have entirely missed the point and context.
And besides, my comment pertains to all marriage laws not just SSM laws so the bulk of your reply is responding to something I never asked.
Lastly, by "my side" what are you talking about? The only side I consider myself on is the one that realizes matching/ unmatched genitalia should not be part of the marriage laws.
the ususal suspects

Sierra Madre, CA

#229115 Feb 20, 2014
Why worry the usual suspects have been rounded up and hauled away, again.
clay shaw

Los Angeles, CA

#229116 Feb 20, 2014
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
Check D out. Thinks he can claim that people care "which side of history they're on" ... OMG, your corporate playbook is getting tired.. Got news for you, Big Dunce, people don't vote in relation to "which side of history they're on"... and, people don't want to continue to watch the lobbying win.
Hudsuck.. shouldn't you be blowing the founding fathers of the Wooster Chamber of Commerce right about now? I do believe that was one of the conditions of your probation.
Krissy

Los Angeles, CA

#229117 Feb 20, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I like these silly jackasses.
lol! Your homosexual wantings and cravings know no limits! Enjoy them and what they have to offer you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#229118 Feb 20, 2014
Krissy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Your homosexual wantings and cravings know no limits! Enjoy them and what they have to offer you.
Seems to work for you.
the usual suspects

Sierra Madre, CA

#229119 Feb 20, 2014
Why worry any more the usual suspects have been rounded up and hauled away, again.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#229120 Feb 20, 2014
The progress so far;

Ss couples are still only ever mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.

Smile.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#229121 Feb 20, 2014
KiMare wrote:
The progress so far;
Ss couples are still only ever mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Smile.
Spam.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#229122 Feb 20, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Spam.
However, at its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior making ss marriage an oxymoron.

Married couples normally procreate.

Ss couples NEVER mutually procreate. They could not, even if they were required to. Which means they will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.

Smile.
the usual suspects

Sierra Madre, CA

#229124 Feb 20, 2014
Why worry any more, the usual suspects have been rounded up processed and hauled away, again.
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#229125 Feb 20, 2014
JrSamples wrote:
<quoted text>
Wa not? it's a normal act between man an woman, the way it's suposed to be. It's somtin kids can relate to becuase they see mom and dad do it all the time, kids would question seeing two men kissin, it aint normal. It's you homosexuals that is trying hard to make it more visible to kids, you want to teach em young. It aint right and you forcing your lifestyle on society. please stop!
Listen queer-bait. You ought to just accept your obvious homosexuality as a fact of life, just as I have accepted my bi-sexuality. Me swallowing another man's load comes as natural to me as breathing air. Don't be so uptight!
Archie

San Jose, CA

#229126 Feb 20, 2014
This discussion is really rolling
Oh Mother

Sierra Madre, CA

#229127 Feb 20, 2014
The Arizona Legislature gave final approval to legislation that allows business owners asserting their religious beliefs to refuse service to gays and others.

Democrats called the proposal "state-sanctioned discrimination" and an embarrassment, the Gov. Janet Brewer a crack pot in her own right will sign it into law, but this old hag would sign the death order for her own mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr go away 5,007
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 19 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Aug 24 jram1970 88
Recent reports of bodies found/murders in Orovi... Aug 19 Justsaying 1
Review: VALLEY HOME CENTERS Aug 16 Scott Alexander 1
Review: Oroville Tacos Aug 9 Steve M 1
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••