Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
193,881 - 193,900 of 200,587 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#224308 Nov 11, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>See there ya go thinking. I told you it was not me, oh and its gone......
It's gone, yet it keeps being posted!
LMAOAY!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#224309 Nov 11, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Read up, Gramps. If I had anything to do with your asinine posts being deleted, I would happily post my success. I have no power, don't know any Topix Mods, and maybe you really need to look at your own stupidity for what is happening. You will probably learn to change locations, like your little Topix troll...R1...straight shooter....Blonde Douche..Big Kotex. But then again, you probably have more of a life than that idiot loser. Now, am I amused at your stupid situation? Very!! But I find it sad that a day that should be honoring your service to our country, has been wasted with your obsession on a messaging board, that should have nothing to do with any aspect of your life. I do hope you find a place in the world that completes you. As of now, this place just makes you a delusional ass! But then again, maybe that gives you attention. You succeeded! Congrats!
I am not responsible for R1 you paranoid idiot. Who is he, the boogeyman? Get a grip.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#224310 Nov 11, 2013
"If you can't beat em, cheat em." Jizzy Poof Daddy

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#224311 Nov 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you are proud of Jizzy.
I have no control or alliances to the poster you obsess over. You chose to pick a battle. You have aligned yourself with idiot from the Cafe, and there are those of us that find your constant blathering annoying. I find you more intelligent than the Topix troll, but you chose to be an insufferable POS. The Gay forums entertain you, and seems to be your constant source of interaction with people. Enjoy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#224312 Nov 11, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
BOOYA!
Notice Jizzy deletes his sickest posts after he enjoys the sick thrill of posting them?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#224313 Nov 11, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text> I have no control or alliances to the poster you obsess over. You chose to pick a battle. You have aligned yourself with idiot from the Cafe, and there are those of us that find your constant blathering annoying. I find you more intelligent than the Topix troll, but you chose to be an insufferable POS. The Gay forums entertain you, and seems to be your constant source of interaction with people. Enjoy.
Deal with me honestly is all I ask. You are more a troll than I. Don't be a little sneak cheering on Jizzy's bad behavior just because you can't deal with me intellectually or honestly

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Razors edge

Azusa, CA

#224314 Nov 11, 2013
Jump back it's too Sharpe out their.
Razors edge

Azusa, CA

#224315 Nov 11, 2013
Jump back it's too sharpe out there.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#224316 Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#224317 Nov 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother got an instant lobotomy in Vietnam in 1968. He lives at the VA hospital. They let me spring him occasionally and I of course did so today and took him to dinner with other veterans. He doesn't talk but he understands kindness and I lavish it on him. What a difference from you dishonest sneaky lying jackasses. I need a shower after reading your posts. Get your boy Jizzy in check.
I promote true marriage equality and joke around, you and Jizzy are trolls.
I believe not one word you post. Your stories grow as your loneliness festers. Oh, and your brother....think of him when you laugh and poke fun of a former poster , "Golem". I will never forgive or let that idiocy go. Now go drink yourself appreciated.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#224318 Nov 11, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Frank the topic is this,Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
You have never debated that topic, thats the problem. You just post crap and hope it sticks to the wall.
Butt salve?

What a crock of sh!t! First you whine I talk about marriage equality for poly all the time then you whine I never talk about marriage equality! You're insane. Get a grip.

You delete my posts that intellectually challenge your arguments. That's not fair.

Sure, you don't like me. But I have the same right as you and Jizzy to be here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#224319 Nov 11, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text> I have no control or alliances to the poster you obsess over. You chose to pick a battle. You have aligned yourself with idiot from the Cafe, and there are those of us that find your constant blathering annoying. I find you more intelligent than the Topix troll, but you chose to be an insufferable POS. The Gay forums entertain you, and seems to be your constant source of interaction with people. Enjoy.
There are those of us who find you annoying. That's how it works! Duh!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#224320 Nov 11, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Notice Jizzy deletes his sickest posts after he enjoys the sick thrill of posting them?
Of course I do.He is a tattletale
wussy....What's up with that?
He posts his interest in man-boy
love and gets away with it, yet
he has power over people's posts.
Topix must be a bunch of cowards
as well!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#224321 Nov 11, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>I believe not one word you post. Your stories grow as your loneliness festers. Oh, and your brother....think of him when you laugh and poke fun of a former poster , "Golem". I will never forgive or let that idiocy go. Now go drink yourself appreciated.
I have never poked fun at Golem who is a fictional person who didn't really die anyway dippy. I have never been mean. You are though. Sneaky too.

"They are not homophobes. They are not scared. They are just a bunch of @$sholes." - Jón Gnarr. The Mayor of Reykjavik

Try to be an honorable man. Don't be a punk like Jizzy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#224322 Nov 11, 2013
Take your brother camping and call it a night.
Friend Of Frankie

Schenectady, NY

#224323 Nov 11, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
Maybe Blankie can create the "polygamy flag" and head the first polygamous parade? it would give him something else to do, rather than keep getting his nonsense deleted.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/26/living/relation...

(CNN)-- Revelers in the rainbow-washed crowd smiled and cheered this month as the little blond girl in the parade float pageant-waved to the B-52's "Love Shack."
Next to the float, the girl's father, Billy Holder, handed out fliers to the Atlanta Pride Parade crowd. His wife, Melissa, carried a banner along with Jeremy Mullins, the couple's partner.
"Polyamory: Having simultaneous close emotional relationships with two or more other individuals," read their purple-lettered banner, embellished with an infinity heart.
The "awws" and waves from the crowd gave way to some puzzled looks and snickers.
"What's poly?" a woman asked, looking toward a handwritten sign on the float that read "Atlanta Poly Paradise."
"Multiple partners?" the man next to her guessed.
Sort of. As the concept of open relationships rises in pop culture and political debates, some polyamorous families like the Holders and Mullins see an opportunity to go public and fight stereotypes that polyamory is just swinging, cheating or kinky sex.
It's not just a fling or a phase for them. It's an identity. They want to show that polyamory can be a viable alternative to monogamy, even for middle-class, suburban families with children, jobs and house notes.
"We're not trying to say that monogamy is bad," said Billy Holder, a 36-year-old carpenter who works at a university in Atlanta. "We're trying to promote the fact that everyone has a right to develop a relationship structure that works for them."

Jeremy Mullins passes out fliers at the 2012 Atlanta Pride Parade.
For the Holder-Mullins triad, polyamory is three adults living in the same home about 20 miles south of Atlanta. They share bills, housework and childcare for their 9-year-old daughter. They work at the same place, sharing carpooling duties so someone can see their daughter off to school each day.
Surrounded at the parade by drag queens from El Gato Negro nightclub, singers from a gospel choir and supporters of the Libertarian Party of Georgia, Billy Holder didn't stand out in his jeans, T-shirt and wide-brimmed, sun-shielding hat. That's sort of the point, he said: to demonstrate that polyamorists, or polys, are just like anybody else.
But, he's quick to add, "It takes a lot of work and it's not for everybody."
It's a common refrain from long-practicing polys. Jealousy among partners is one thing, but they also face or fear disapproval from neighbors, relatives and coworkers. The Holders and Mullins dealt with rejection from parents and one of Melissa Holder's sons when they revealed their relationship. They've also been the subject of a child welfare probe that ended in no charges being laid.
"We've been through it all," said 35-year-old Jeremy Mullins, a computer programmer.
Stay in touch!
Don't miss out on the conversation we're having at CNN Living. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest stories and tell us what's influencing your life.
That's why they're coming out, he said -- to change the status quo. And yet, their willingness to speak with CNN over the past 18 months came with conditions, such as the request to not name their employers.
Marching in the parade for the fourth year is just one way they're trying to promote public acceptance of polyamory. Someday, they want to challenge laws that criminalize adultery and cohabitation, Mullins said.
"We want to promote the idea that any relationship is valid as long as it is a choice made by consenting adults," he said. "In this regard, and as in most things, promoting public acceptance is the first step."
It's an uphill battle. Many traditional marriage counselors and relationship therapists discourage non-monogamy,

Location hidden

#224324 Nov 11, 2013
Friend Of Frankie wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/26/living/relation...

(CNN)-- Revelers in the rainbow-washed crowd smiled and cheered this month as the little blond girl in the parade float pageant-waved to the B-52's "Love Shack."
Next to the float, the girl's father, Billy Holder, handed out fliers to the Atlanta Pride Parade crowd. His wife, Melissa, carried a banner along with Jeremy Mullins, the couple's partner.
"Polyamory: Having simultaneous close emotional relationships with two or more other individuals," read their purple-lettered banner, embellished with an infinity heart.
The "awws" and waves from the crowd gave way to some puzzled looks and snickers.
"What's poly?" a woman asked, looking toward a handwritten sign on the float that read "Atlanta Poly Paradise."
Sort of. As the concept of open relationships rises in pop culture and political debates, some polyamorous families like the Holders and Mullins see an opportunity to go public and fight stereotypes that polyamory is just swinging, cheating or kinky sex.
It's not just a fling or a phase for them. It's an identity. They want to show that polyamory can be a viable alternative to monogamy, even for middle-class, suburban families with children, jobs and house notes.
"We're not trying to say that monogamy is bad," said Billy Holder, a 36-year-old carpenter who works at a university in Atlanta. "We're trying to promote the fact that everyone has a right to develop a relationship structure that works for them."

For the Holder-Mullins triad, polyamory is three adults living in the same home about 20 miles south of Atlanta. They share bills, housework and childcare for their 9-year-old daughter. They work at the same place, sharing carpooling duties so someone can see their daughter off to school each day.
Surrounded at the parade by drag queens from El Gato Negro nightclub, singers from a gospel choir and supporters of the Libertarian Party of Georgia, Billy Holder didn't stand out in his jeans, T-shirt and wide-brimmed, sun-shielding hat. That's sort of the point, he said: to demonstrate that polyamorists, or polys, are just like anybody else.
It's a common refrain from long-practicing polys. Jealousy among partners is one thing, but they also face or fear disapproval from neighbors, relatives and coworkers. The Holders and Mullins dealt with rejection from parents and one of Melissa Holder's sons when they revealed their relationship. They've also been the subject of a child welfare probe that ended in no charges being laid.
"We've been through it all," said 35-year-old Jeremy Mullins, a computer programmer.
Stay in touch!
Don't miss out on the conversation we're having at CNN Living. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest stories and tell us what's influencing your life.
That's why they're coming out, he said -- to change the status quo. And yet, their willingness to speak with CNN over the past 18 months came with conditions, such as the request to not name their employers.
Marching in the parade for the fourth year is just one way they're trying to promote public acceptance of polyamory. Someday, they want to challenge laws that criminalize adultery and cohabitation, Mullins said.
"We want to promote the idea that any relationship is valid as long as it is a choice made by consenting adults," he said. "In this regard, and as in most things, promoting public acceptance is the first step."
It's an uphill battle. Many traditional marriage counselors and relationship therapists discourage non-monogamy,
Did you have a good time, at the
parade.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#224326 Nov 11, 2013
Friend Of Frankie wrote:
I have no issue with polygamy. If consenting adults chose to live it, great. I just get sick of a bored, elderly, troll using the issue as a reason to post daily on a Gay marriage thread. If the old goat was seriously interested, he could attend conventions and work to make polygamy legal. He has no interest in that. He loves creating discord and craves attention by posting here. If you were a true friend of the idiot, you encourage the annoyance to find other venues on which to post.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#224327 Nov 11, 2013
Friend Of Frankie wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/26/living/relation...
Stay in touch!
Good luck and be prepared to be bashed. And censored.

Marriage. There is no one right way.

Polygamy deserves the same respect as SSM and OSM.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#224328 Nov 11, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>I have no issue with polygamy. If consenting adults chose to live it, great. I just get sick of a bored, elderly, troll using the issue as a reason to post daily on a Gay marriage thread. If the old goat was seriously interested, he could attend conventions and work to make polygamy legal. He has no interest in that. He loves creating discord and craves attention by posting here. If you were a true friend of the idiot, you encourage the annoyance to find other venues on which to post.
Another friend of Poof...Isn't that
special.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr dannytome 15,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 22 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Aug 24 jram1970 88
Recent reports of bodies found/murders in Orovi... Aug 19 Justsaying 1
Review: VALLEY HOME CENTERS Aug 16 Scott Alexander 1
Review: Oroville Tacos Aug 9 Steve M 1
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••