Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,646)

Showing posts 192,901 - 192,920 of199,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>He's getting his house ready for the big atheist gay holiday of the year to show little kids his telescope extensions.
Wrong again, have you ever been right in your life? Ever?

I am not gay, and this is a poor night to bring out a telescope, way too much light in the neighborhoods. A shame as there is no moon tonight ( normally that is one of the best nights )

I am not interested in you talking with ďgreat authorityĒ about which you know nothing at all, making pronouncements about other people that you donít even know.

Faith is only required in the presence of ignorance, which is why you have so much faith, faith is totally meaningless in the presence of knowledge.

There are quite a number of things I just believe, but I donít elevate my beliefs into a blind faith, I donít worship the belief that I may decide to have coffee tomorrow morning.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, have you ever been right in your life? Ever?
I am not gay, and this is a poor night to bring out a telescope, way too much light in the neighborhoods. A shame as there is no moon tonight ( normally that is one of the best nights )
I am not interested in you talking with ďgreat authorityĒ about which you know nothing at all, making pronouncements about other people that you donít even know.
Faith is only required in the presence of ignorance, which is why you have so much faith, faith is totally meaningless in the presence of knowledge.
There are quite a number of things I just believe, but I donít elevate my beliefs into a blind faith, I donít worship the belief that I may decide to have coffee tomorrow morning.
Okay Big D, I'll give it a try. Have you ever asked "why"? As in why do we exist, where did we come from, is there life beyond this physical existence?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
Good morning everyone !!!!! Ahhh Life ...
Good Morning Gustavo!
Time for Coffee!!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Big D, I'll give it a try. Have you ever asked "why"? As in why do we exist, where did we come from, is there life beyond this physical existence?
Those are 3 questions that have little to do with one another, the first two yes, which is why I am a student in the study of physical anthropology.

The third question is a matter consisting of nothing but belief. I have an idea of how I hope it is, but know that I do not know, I also know that anyone claiming to know, is full of crap. I have a belief in the matter, but I am not in any way certain and I know that my belief is nothing but a puny belief, I certainly donít worship that belief, and am well aware that belief is probably wrong. That is why it is called a belief, there is no knowledge on the matter.

I donít need to make up stories about what we do not know. Nor am I willing to adopt stories others have made up.
Poof

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Big deal I missed the time zone.You
Are still a wanker...
Umm you called me a liar. The problem was not mine, its yours, time zones are above your understanding.
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Society is not as receptive as you may want or think. Gays are still finding ways to challenge society for example the two queers that were making out in the back seat of a private taxi cab for example, now the are suing the cab company becaus the driver kicked them out of the cab. The homos knew what they were planning and that was a law suit for recognition. lol that is just the begining
----------

Straight couples making out in the back seat of cab would be OK?
or would the driver make them leave the cab?
Number 9

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Waiting for the ruling this morning or day concerning the hot pepper plant in Irwindle, California.

Number 9 pulls car loads of peppers in there every day, it's a $60 million dollar a year business - and Irwindale officials want to go to war with them?

Might be time that a change of management on the Irwindale city council be investigated, as other business owners are going to feel the heat fro their city council too?
Poof

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he has the nerve to insult
disabled veterans and citizens
who paid into the system.A real
stand up guy.His foster parents
should be proud....
Frankie, disabled? ROFLMAO, he is not a Vet.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

And before you go any further, at no time will I ever ignore knowledge in favor of a belief, even a belief of my own.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Umm you called me a liar. The problem was not mine, its yours, time zones are above your understanding.
Go suck an egg! Shouldn't you
be out scaring kids with your face?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie, disabled? ROFLMAO, he is not a Vet.
Go post to someone else......
I would not believe you,even if
you swore on the "Flying spaghetti
Monster Manual"......lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Hey Poof Diddy!!!!!
Another hard day posting at work??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
How do you know? You are psychic?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Umm you called me a liar. The problem was not mine, its yours, time zones are above your understanding.
No it's because I don't give two
Sh!ts about Illinois!!!
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>----------
Straight couples making out in the back seat of cab would be OK?
or would the driver make them leave the cab?
Good question, probably not. Lets face it Dorn, pulling up to stop at a red light, around many cars chances are people would make more negative comments about two people of the same sex kissing than of two people of the oppostie sex kissing. It's human nature it's just odd to see SSC embracing and kissing, again I personally have no problem with it behind closed doors.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
Sure I am. I'd love to compare DD-214s with your dopey REMF ass.

Two tours in Vietnam. But you're a great big war hero. You were "shot at*" you said.

*shot at -Someone fired off a round in your general direction from another country.

YUK!YUK!YUK! Jizzy Poof Daddy. What a hero.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
You are a notorious liar. That's why she called you one.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

How would my friends here like to join me in the Christmas a float boat parade this year? It's a lot of great fun ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
How would my friends here like to join me in the Christmas a float boat parade this year? It's a lot of great fun ...
Where at? Newport?
Poof

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a notorious liar. That's why she called you one.
Frankie, you claim that you spend 6 months out of the year in NY, yet your location has allways shown Union City Cali. Frankie why is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 192,901 - 192,920 of199,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oroville Discussions

Search the Oroville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr Activity 15,657
Review: Sierra Valley Furniture Wed Exactly What I Wanted 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Tue Bag itts 4,551
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
Abuse of authority (Mar '07) Apr 14 Maltamon 13
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Letter: Am I that guy? (Sep '10) Mar 26 Jerrylee 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••