Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
187,081 - 187,100 of 200,587 Comments Last updated 56 min ago
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#216107 Sep 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you afraid to put your studies up???
It's because the hohophobes are also intellectophobes...

Wooster, OH

#216108 Sep 12, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
So discrimination is the path to follow. Just like segregation.
I bet Grandpappy Armando was screaming that blacks had the same ability to go to school, drink at water fountains and ride on the bus as whites but they had to follow the rules and do so only where it was labeled "colored only" back in 1955.
No one is "redefining marriage" you dolt. We recognize it for what it is - a legal union of 2 adults who found a mutual attraction to each other, love and a willingness to commit.
The fact you and others want to limit it to those you approve of is nothing more than discrimination dumbshit.
'No one is "redefining marriage" you dolt.'? OMG. Of course you are. 20 years ago, it was a legal union of one man and one woman. Don't lie. You don't want to be like Big D.

Wooster, OH

#216110 Sep 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am a near senile old jack ass. However, I'm kicking your punk ass over and over.
When we old farts die off, you little twits grow common sense. You will be us.
That is why in all of human history not one single culture has ever accepted SS couples as married.
However, long after I am dead and gone, SS couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Smirk.
@ssh0l*s like him will never grow any common sense. We are handing off what was once a great country to a bunch of buffoons. They will finish running it into the ground. At high speed. They can't wait for us to die off, so that they may squander the inheritance. Figuratively speaking, they are gonna hock mamas rings for crack money....
DrOzz

Monrovia, CA

#216111 Sep 12, 2013
Trust in USA cruise missiles to settle a problem anywhere anytime, wind, rain and fog.

Assad will run like dog on fire when the first one strikes and that will be all he has time to do before the black curtain falls on him for ever.

Lets say it ahead of time, goodbye Assad!

I didn't hear a harrumph from you all?

Wooster, OH

#216112 Sep 12, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they do.
Many SS families form after 2 get married and adopt little kiddies that were abandoned by their biological parents.
And as far as it being negative for the child in those gay families??
They do just fine;
http://www.aamft.org/imis15/content/consumer_...
---Now where's your proof that little Johnny who was beaten until unconsciousness daily by his own father because he got hungry after missing 4 days without food is better off there than in a gay home where he receives love and support. Or your proof dainty Suzy whose eyes cannot focus on things 2 feet away given she's been living in a home with meth fumes for the past three years has it better there than in gay family providing health care, food and shelter.
You're nothing but a f-ing liar.
Disagree???
Show me these fabricated "studies", reports and evidence you claim to have you sad sack of bullshit.
Damn, you certainly seem to spend a lot of time reliving your childhood. Washed with hot water, beaten until unconciousness sets in, not fed, meth fumes, etc.. You need therapy, Dan, plain and simple. If you get some, you might give up your anger, then, you won't invite people to fights at Home Depot... Like any garden variety trash....

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#216113 Sep 12, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I propose;
Abortion is murder, it should once again be outlawed.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. It should once again be outlawed.
Vaginal sex is safe within the bounds of marriage.
We are all suffering and paying a price for the abuses of some. That is wrong.
Most risks can be avoided by using common sense.
<quoted text>
Here is what is funny.
What I just stated is classic morality. Not just Christian morality, but historic morality.
You immediately desecrate that morality by putting it into today's immorality, and then assert it is disqualified.
Moreover, you deny the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex. Something that has been medically proven time and time again.
In the beginning, and in the end, you are consistently the liar.
Everytime.
"Classic morality"?!? By whose standards? Western standards? Contemporary standards? Christian standards?

Do I need to remind you of the many countries that even today practice polygamy? What about the cultures that turn a blind eye to mistresses? Seems like history is replete with men who held concubines.

You conveniently forget about those cultural practices that aren't a part of your own personal, ideal worldview.

There is no "classic morality", you boob.

You keep forgetting that YOU don't get to impose YOUR notions of morality onto anyone else. This would be an example of a classic narcissistic characteristic.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216114 Sep 12, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the worst troll ever. Nobody, even you, is this backward.
Carry on , KiMerde.
Your name, your avatar, and your whole reason for being on Topix is to stalk him. And then you say he is a troll. Priceless.

That's why I like you silly jackasses.

Wooster, OH

#216115 Sep 12, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.
And contracts are a dime a dozen?? LOL!!!
Tell that to your bank when you fall short on your mortgage by 32 months.
Geeeezus you're an idiot. Bar none.
Damn, Dan, you are also in hock to the bank? You're a mess. And, BTW, contracts ARE a dime a dozen. Regardless of the mortgage issues that you face...
Or, are you implying that because you have cracked away your house, that contracts are rare? Because that is the "stinking thinking" of the addict.

Wooster, OH

#216116 Sep 12, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
What...your opinion???
No one cares about your opinion let alone wants to change it.
You can believe gay marriages are "only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage" until you pass out from lack of oxygen by stating it repeatedly you dumbfuck....LOL!!!
Unfortunately I doubt many are going to follow your pied piper routine and believe you.
What an expansive imagination you have. "No one"? LOL Guess again, butt dumpling... You don't speak for anyone except yourself. You DO know that, don't you?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216117 Sep 12, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumbfuck,
I think it's up to the individual if they want to put themselves at risk no matter what the venture.
Not you or your monkey crew.
Just an FYI. Mind your own business loser given I have no doubt it needs more attention than your sorry ass looking over the fence and deciding how your neighbor should live his or her life.
Uh-oh! Temper temper!

Meet him at the Home Depot parking lot behind the dumpster time?

YUK!YUK!YUK! What a hothead.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#216118 Sep 12, 2013
Trust in Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>80% of all HPV cases are lesbians so your shift is laughable. You paint yourself in a corner and show how foolish you are by suggesting that premarital intercourse is an issue. That is odd since all gay sex is outside of marriages, because same sex unions are not marriages and 99% of all gays have predominately sex outside of marriage.
Anybody can pull statistics out of their ass. I'm guessing that's where you get yours. Show one study that indicates that HPV is predominately a lesbian disorder. And while you're at it, prove that 99% of all gays have sex predominately outside of marriage or a committed relationship.
6foot Jew 8inch Pole

Elmwood Park, IL

#216119 Sep 12, 2013
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
Not funny. Our federal government is going down in flames, and you dance....
And you accuse us of being drama queens.

Wooster, OH

#216120 Sep 12, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you ask why a Chevrolet Malibu and a Nissan work truck can't get married given you seem to be just that stupid.
LOL!!!
Why don't you tell us why? I'm interested in knowing the tricky currents and pitfalls in which automobiles exist... The poor little vehicles... Describe their pain for us... Oh, the anguish....the trauma.... Quick, let's all slit our wrists in sympathy...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216122 Sep 12, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says a gay couple has to?
LOL!!!
And their "mix-n-match" will amount to a previously abandoned or abused child to have a stable home should a gay couple adopt.
Brother - that's a positive.
The fact you and KiKrazy don't like it is your problem. Added to your angst will be the fact you can't stop them from either marrying or adopting. You're impotent little man.
Calm down fruitloops.

Wooster, OH

#216123 Sep 12, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiight.
"Everyone".
Just not the courts. LOL!!!
I gotta know who's included in your "everyone". You, the lost soul that married your sorry ass and your 3 ragged dogs????
LOL!!!
Get lost fabricator.
I'll help you out. The majority of Americans. The 5:1 ratio that has an opinion about the issue. Most of us don't support your side.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#216125 Sep 12, 2013
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
What an expansive imagination you have. "No one"? LOL Guess again, butt dumpling... You don't speak for anyone except yourself. You DO know that, don't you?
Dan speaks for the gay community. He doesn't realize it's counterproductive. He's a student of Rose_NoHo.
frankies mommy

Elmwood Park, IL

#216126 Sep 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name, your avatar, and your whole reason for being on Topix is to stalk him. And then you say he is a troll. Priceless.
That's why I like you silly jackasses.
TROLLING and troll-stalking are 2 different things.

Wooster, OH

#216129 Sep 12, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/6461-childr...
Children of SSM couples are better off.
Oh, wow. Another (yawn) supposedly "honest and unbiased" "poll" (propaganda piece) showing how much better off we'll all be when you guys get what you want. Even though the kids can go to hell, now that you've gotten your way. Remember? These kids that used to matter? The ones that are now shunted off, in favor of laboratory processes that give biologically related children to a SSSB couple?

Wooster, OH

#216132 Sep 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan thinks he sounds intelligent by awkwardly using unnecessary words such as "viable". YUK!YUK!YUK! Too funny!
....I haven't fallen for it.....

Wooster, OH

#216134 Sep 12, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down spice trooper. Your already atrocious spelling suffers even more when you get upset like that. And we suffer along with it. YUK!YUK!YUK!
....I'm not suffering. I'm laughing my ass off......He starts to stutter through his keyboard..... I hear Curly "Whoop whoop whoop"
:-D

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 54 min dannytome 15,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 21 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Aug 24 jram1970 88
Recent reports of bodies found/murders in Orovi... Aug 19 Justsaying 1
Review: VALLEY HOME CENTERS Aug 16 Scott Alexander 1
Review: Oroville Tacos Aug 9 Steve M 1
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••