Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
184,721 - 184,740 of 200,358 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the voice in your head is short sighted, the missed boat is all yours. Again.
Jude 1:7 (NASB)
7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the words on your paper seems to disagree with you...
Ezekiel 16:49-50 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
So, which is it, Kim? Did God slaughter the people of Sodom because of homosexuality; exemplified by the story where the men of Sodom demanded to have intercourse with the angels and Lot refused by offering to send his virgin daughters (women) out to have sex with a bunch of gay men?
Or did God destroy Sodom because it was prideful, abundant, stingy, and idle?
Maybe I'll stick to the "Voice in my head", which is the Holy Spirit. You can run to your book and pull out of it whatever you like and hammer the rest of society into submission through fear mongering.
First, you tried to deceive. I called you on it.

Second, you used the Bible first. Now it is invalid???

Third, there is no conflict. The incident clearly shows just how inhospitality showed up when visitors came.

No fear, no mongering. Just simple common sense.

You, on the other hand, distort and desecrate something you assert you believe in. It is reprobate behavior.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, in fourteen states, two people of the same sex can be married, yes 14, BTW Washington DC also allows same sex marriage. Soon other states will follow. One day, and not to far off, all 50 states. One more thing more than 50% of this Nation, is in favor of same sex marriage. Oh and another bit of law, a state Constitution amendment, is not needed to allow same sex mariage. Just look at the 14 states and Washington DC. and you will find that to be true. What is true is this, there is nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero that YOU and all the Bible Beating Fundies can do about it.
Find the amendment in the US Constitution, that allows for opposite sex marriage.
The sooner homosexuals get marriage equality the better for other good people being denied it. You know, those people you don't like.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Go target yourself a wife and some friends and we might be rid of your sorry ass for awhile.
LOL!!!
Once again, not a good argument Dan. It's just dumb ad hominem which reveals your anger and desperation.

What's your wife do while you cruise the gay forums?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your feelings about those who scoff at the ideas brought forth by the Constitution?
What a moronic question.
Let the end come soon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Liberals are anti-God. He is an intellectually dishonest, unprincipled, mentally immature, spoiled child who is forever in search of a world without moral consequence. That is why the Liberal makes "The State" his god. The Liberal worships THE STATE. The Liberal attempts to use his god (government) to eliminate all moral consequences for immoral behavior. In the name of "Justice," the Liberal also pretends to make his god (The State) "level" all peoples so that the wise or the beautiful or the genius will have no advantage over the unwise, the ugly and the simpleton in the marketplace. The Liberal calls this tyrannical State of Government, UTOPIA.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The sooner homosexuals get marriage equality the better for other good people being denied it. You know, those people you don't like.
What are you rambeling on about now.
Slow Mac s

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

McDonalds etc. Fast Food, Retail Workers Stage One-Day Strike For Higher Wages, good for them. They need a collective bargaining union.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/08/29/fast-f...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>You do not care, but here you are defending you being gay. I think you are a genius. I bet you will not defend that lie.
Also, you are wrong, it was the IRS, who simply said that for tax purposes it will recognize tax filing based on where the person got married.
I love how you marginalize it in to something. Here is the thing, a gay moves to Alabama after marrying in New York, the gay is not married in Alabama, so no state tax benefits. No insurance or death benefits, not hospital, no federal military benefits even. No social security benefits and still no adoption rights of the other person.
Did your weenie just shrink to about 1/2 inch? Did that balloon just pop in your face? I know you were reaching for your "we" moment, but not today.
So, why were you formerly opposed to same sex marriages? You sound like the guy who used to hate, beat up and terrorize blacks, suddenly has a change of heart over a hate position he never should have had.
You see, I do not hate gays. I have a number of lesbian friends, a couple of gay male acquaintances through business stuff. I also have Russian and Iranian friends, but in a war, I fight for America. I have friends who are illegal immigrants, I even dated a girl who was here illegally but that does not change the fact that they are here illegally and are criminals.
If a child of mine breaks the law, s/he gets to go to jail, so long as they are guilty of the crime.
You can back peddle all day long... taxes are recognition, it means the federal government recognizes them as married regardless if the state does or not.

so now there is no state where they cannot be recognized by the federal government.:)
CAN dan

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

2013. A California ban on "conversion therapy" for minors, which seeks to turn gay teens straight, the first of its kind in the country, has been upheld.

August 2013.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>I am waiting for those of YOU to present an idea from the Constitution, 14th Amendment, Equal Protection Clause and Founding Fathers that has anything to do with same sex marriages or homosexuality.
This is all Political Correctness 101 for the 99% brainwashed masses.
Once again, what was your rational, constitutional and educated reason for opposing same sex marriage when you did?
Where in the Constiution did the founding fathers mention marriage?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>What are you rambeling on about now.
Your hypocrisy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I always found it a little suspect when a group of "Christians" decided to go to a tropical paradise to help the "needy".
Oh, don't get me wrong... I'm sure there are needy people in even the nicest locations on the planet.
But preaching the gospel in a seaside village in Hawaii is a far cry from helping those in remote, famine ravaged, locales where the death rate is about 150 time higher than it is here in the US.
I'm curious, Kim, why Hawaii? Why not the slums of India? Why not the parched and impoverished lands of Sub-Saharan Africa?
How "convenient" that God called you to go to paradise; taking money from Pat Robertson (of all people). He gets his money by begging for it on TV shows--taking it from many who can barely afford to give it--making them feel ashamed if they don't write checks--promising them that God will give them back ten times whatever they pledge.
And all the while he is one of the wealthiest men on the planet with a net worth of over $140 million.
Thanks, but not thanks... I'd rather be in cahoots with a snake than that man.
Doing missions work in Hawaii... Please!
I'm glad to know you are looking out for Hawaii.

Here is a brief synopsis of my 25 years there.

We moved on an average of every two years because we rented until the last seven years. I was in my mid forties when we bought our first home. Instead of $1,200 rent, I paid $1,300 mortgage. That was in 98.

I worked as a hotel night auditor and house painter for the first 10 years, pastoring without pay.

I experienced during that time being a minority,'f---ing hoale', because of my skin color.'Haole boy' went from being a slur to a term of affection.

We fostered almost ten children along with raising two sons during that time. Without one dime of assistance.

I was a founding member, and eventually President of the following non-profit community services, all without a single penny of compensation;

Crosslines ~ A food pantry run from the back of the Catholic Church that also provided rent/utilities/medical/dental/ housing assistance. This was one of the ministries that Pat Robertson assisted. He never turned down a request.

Love INC ~ A World Vision community program. We enlisted nearly 30 churches and assessed volunteers from those congregations to provide any kind of assistance needed. The Church I pastored also provided space for the office.

Homeless Task Force ~ Kona had numerous homeless people and families. We acquired a piece of property and built temporary housing.

The Help Center ~ Provided help to teens and their families at the local high school.

The Pregnancy Center ~ Help for pregnant woman. Free ultra-sound. Support for single mothers.

Our congregation took 10% of monthly giving and gave it away to needs we were aware of in the community.

Personally I would recruit volunteers to help people moving. With most local people renting, stressful moves happened often. I also made sure that single mothers and widows had car and home repairs addressed. If I could not do it myself, I would assist in getting it done.

I ended up moving to Hawaii because a Minister asked me to come help him. At the time I was janitor and youth pastor in Rockford, IL. It was totally out of the blue, I had never even imagined doing such a thing.

We left our family and friends for 25 years. We would go into debt every 3 years to return and visit. I retired after pastoring the same Church for 20 years.

I hope that answers your judg... questions.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Make jewelry, workout, study for an upcoming promotion among other things.
What does your gerbil do during this time? Stare at the bathroom door hoping he doesn't see a 'Trojan' labeled package exit there in your hands?
I don't own a gerbil. Dopey ad hominem. Get a real argument dummy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, at this point, I'm more married all by myself than SS couples are.
That's how severe your denial is.
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice :-D
Thought you'd enjoy that...

Welcome back, missed you.

Did you get booted AGAIN???
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You can back peddle all day long... taxes are recognition, it means the federal government recognizes them as married regardless if the state does or not.
so now there is no state where they cannot be recognized by the federal government.:)
They. Right. Earlier you said "we".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>

United States citizens are allowed a full set of liberties and freedoms unless those said set of freedoms produce harm.
Once again. Where does it say that?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hypocrisy.
Wrong guy dizzo
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just seemed like you would. My bad.
LOL!!!
He likes bigger stuff, Donkey is his favorite
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
Where is the part that says anything is OK as long as it doesn't "afford viable harm to a full set of liberties moron"?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>He likes bigger stuff, Donkey is his favorite
More dopey ad hominem. Get a real argument or apologize for wasting our time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••