Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
184,661 - 184,680 of 200,358 Comments Last updated 47 min ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said no such thing about not judging. In fact, Jesus judge the devil as your father. He said that 'Ye are of your father, judging, the works that he does, you do the same, judging."
Jesus absolutely did say a lot about same sex marriage, by denying it had an existence. Jesus said as written in Genesis marriage is man and a woman, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother and cling to his wife.
In fact, Judaism, Catholicism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and Buddhism all call homosexuality acts a sin and they oppose same sex marriage.
You could try Wicca, if you are looking for a religion that agrees with you rather than instructs you.
so you havenít actually read your bible

I have, not that I think it is any more than a fantasy, but I obviously have read it more than you have.

Those arenít all the religions, The Volcano God doesnít mind as long as you toss in a virgin, FSM supports it.

Not that I care what any religion thinks
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>I think you can not read. I say that it was shot down by the gay judge and that was once. The CSSC simply enforced the Walker ruling and refused to hear the clerk's request. This was based on the fact that SCOTUS ruled that the proponents did not have standing to defend Prop 8. This is all part of the same case. The San Diego County clerk would have had to prove standing, which he did not do.
Gays have taken a backhanded approach and circumvented the people who elect officials and it will come back to bite them. Just like gays did not roll over in 1996 and kept plodding and plotting to get around the law. The 13 states you have acquired do not validate SSM no more than that the 13 slave states validated slavery.
A valid position is one that you can easily defend. You all seem to be struggling much here.
The laws are what they are, in 14 states and Washington DC, Same sex marriage is legal, including California. Now perhaps you people should learn how to construct a law that is not in violation of the US,Constitution. That being said the last two that where voted on with regaurds towards same sex marriage volated it.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Let me see. Name calling,attempted insults, ranting, calling folks fundies, I kinda think those of evidence of anger.
Actually it's just evidence of how ridiculous we find you fundies to be. The "anger" is solely of your creation.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, if I have unsupported drivel, then your Ace card of supported documented medical sources, should trump me every time.
No dear, it's my experience that trumps you everytime. Did you know that there is no medical evidence of left-handidness? No gene found yet that explains it. But we all know it exists in about 10% of the population and is acted upon. How do we know that? From left handed people and their personal experience. Same for gays dear. Sorry you don't like that.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
But instead, all you offer is "fundie 101, "routine is tired", "unsupported drivel", alme and "desperate".
Come on, hero, show us that Ace card.
Your talking to him numbnuts. And others in the room as well. Perhaps if you weren't so busy pretending you know our personal experiences you would have known that already.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Defend the right to marry the same sex person of your choice and equality marriage:
That's already been done. We can't keep going back for you slow people, you will need to learn how to keep up.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support same sex adult brothers marrying one another?
No, I don't support this any more than I would support you nailing your mother from behind, despite how much you want to.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
If not, why not? Hint: If you say that it is against the law or that it is socially unacceptable, then same sex marriage loses.
Um, lambchop,the marriages of same sex couples has nil to do with incest, so no loss has occurred. Your can take your imaginary rules and share them with the sheeple, no one else is playing by them.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me that "Ace" card of supportive document evidence, which you dearly hold on to.
You can start with the APA. You know them right? You like to pretend their research doesn't exist or hasn't changed with advanced knowledge. No doubt you will reference political correctness and imagine that they were held at gun point to change their previous opinions on the matter! Or like a typical fundie you will try and besmirch their credibility, as if you were some type of authority!!!

In the end, I'm the homosexual, you aren't. That makes me the authority. What the APA or any other medical or scientific body knows about homosexuals and homosexuality comes directly from us.

How about you dipshyt? What supportive documentation do you have to support any of the stupidity you spout? Let's start with how sexual orientation is chosen. Present your documentation that supports this. Better yet, present a homosexual that states he/she chose to be homosexual! Get right back to us on that one asshat.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a debate forum, and like you said, you are not angry.
I'm not angry in the least. Watching you make a fool of yourself is actually quite funny!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said no such thing about not judging. In fact, Jesus judge the devil as your father. He said that 'Ye are of your father, judging, the works that he does, you do the same, judging."
Jesus absolutely did say a lot about same sex marriage, by denying it had an existence. Jesus said as written in Genesis marriage is man and a woman, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother and cling to his wife.
In fact, Judaism, Catholicism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and Buddhism all call homosexuality acts a sin and they oppose same sex marriage.
You could try Wicca, if you are looking for a religion that agrees with you rather than instructs you.
Jesus said something in Genesis?!! LOL!!!! I imagine quite a few Jews will disagree!!!

BTW dummy, there are many Christian denominations that embrace gay people fully. Not all Christian denominations are fueled by discrimination and hatred.

Oh, and another FYI, there's no such thing as a "homosexual act". There are no acts that only gays can do, or do do. "Homosexual act" is nothing more than a fundie propaganda point.

Thanks for demonstrating yet again how stupid you are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
..I was wondering when those lame embellishments would return....
Like a bad penny minted on a bad day and transported by an old armored car........blah blah blah......
I'm sorry I missed Dan when he was around posting his dopey schtick like that. Maybe I could have got him to threaten to beat me up in the Home Depot parking lot. Always good for a laugh or two.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said something in Genesis?!! LOL!!!! I imagine quite a few Jews will disagree!!!
BTW dummy, there are many Christian denominations that embrace gay people fully. Not all Christian denominations are fueled by discrimination and hatred.
Oh, and another FYI, there's no such thing as a "homosexual act". There are no acts that only gays can do, or do do. "Homosexual act" is nothing more than a fundie propaganda point.
"embrace gay people fully" Whoa! Easy cowboy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's just evidence of how ridiculous we find you fundies to be. The "anger" is solely of your creation.
<quoted text>
No dear, it's my experience that trumps you everytime. Did you know that there is no medical evidence of left-handidness? No gene found yet that explains it. But we all know it exists in about 10% of the population and is acted upon. How do we know that? From left handed people and their personal experience. Same for gays dear. Sorry you don't like that.
<quoted text>
Your talking to him numbnuts. And others in the room as well. Perhaps if you weren't so busy pretending you know our personal experiences you would have known that already.
<quoted text>
That's already been done. We can't keep going back for you slow people, you will need to learn how to keep up.
<quoted text>
No, I don't support this any more than I would support you nailing your mother from behind, despite how much you want to.
<quoted text>
Um, lambchop,the marriages of same sex couples has nil to do with incest, so no loss has occurred. Your can take your imaginary rules and share them with the sheeple, no one else is playing by them.
<quoted text>
You can start with the APA. You know them right? You like to pretend their research doesn't exist or hasn't changed with advanced knowledge. No doubt you will reference political correctness and imagine that they were held at gun point to change their previous opinions on the matter! Or like a typical fundie you will try and besmirch their credibility, as if you were some type of authority!!!
In the end, I'm the homosexual, you aren't. That makes me the authority. What the APA or any other medical or scientific body knows about homosexuals and homosexuality comes directly from us.
How about you dipshyt? What supportive documentation do you have to support any of the stupidity you spout? Let's start with how sexual orientation is chosen. Present your documentation that supports this. Better yet, present a homosexual that states he/she chose to be homosexual! Get right back to us on that one asshat.
<quoted text>
I'm not angry in the least. Watching you make a fool of yourself is actually quite funny!
"I'm not angry in the least and you're making a fool of yourself" Jonah1 foolishly lied in a long angry rant.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>The laws are what they are, in 14 states and Washington DC, Same sex marriage is legal, including California. Now perhaps you people should learn how to construct a law that is not in violation of the US,Constitution. That being said the last two that where voted on with regaurds towards same sex marriage volated it.
"...that where voted on with regaurds towards same sex marriage volated it."

Say what?
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The people going to Churches that are NOT addressing homosexuality as a sin as any sin that should be addressed will have to suffer the consequenses when Christ returns. In First Corinthians Chapter 5, Apostle Paul says to remove them from the Church and turn them (sinners) over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so their Spirit can be saved when Christ comes back. Otherwords, they have to repent and sin no more in order to get to Heaven. The Bible says that the Blind leads the Blind and they will go down the pit together. So, all I can say is Good Luck!!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
The people going to Churches that are NOT addressing homosexuality as a sin as any sin that should be addressed will have to suffer the consequenses when Christ returns. In First Corinthians Chapter 5, Apostle Paul says to remove them from the Church and turn them (sinners) over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so their Spirit can be saved when Christ comes back. Otherwords, they have to repent and sin no more in order to get to Heaven. The Bible says that the Blind leads the Blind and they will go down the pit together. So, all I can say is Good Luck!!
But if you have not tossed a virgin in the volcano you will have to suffer the consequences of that inaction!

Doom to you!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
so you havenít actually read your bible
I have, not that I think it is any more than a fantasy, but I obviously have read it more than you have.
Those arenít all the religions, The Volcano God doesnít mind as long as you toss in a virgin, FSM supports it.
Not that I care what any religion thinks
I have read the bible more than you have. Nana-nana-nana! Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you have not tossed a virgin in the volcano you will have to suffer the consequences of that inaction!
Doom to you!
I think it's safe to say no one has ever tossed a virgin into an erupting volcano so get that fantasy out of your head sillyboy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! Big D's gonna need it! Whoa.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's safe to say no one has ever tossed a virgin into an erupting volcano so get that fantasy out of your head sillyboy.
And there are no magic trees, talking snakes, rib women or men who where there own fathers who can back from the dead either so you can get those ideas out of your head too.

I am likely to believe one as the other, which isÖ not at all
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been reading your posts and they do not make any sense at all, for it is either your way or no way. To the Christian who follows Christ daily, we follow Christ in everything that we do including helping people that are committing sins and especially those precious children that may be hanging on a fence and not know which way to go. I would take my children out of school today if they were still in school and I would continue to teach them God's perfect plan for their lives. If they were born both female and male, then I could see letting them make that decision, but not if you just want to change what we consider normal with all that a man has or woman has to conceive a child. If you say that you are a Christian, I would advise you to Study to show yourself approved unto God, for a workman needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the Word of Truth taken from Second Timothy 2:15. The homosexuals of today that say they are Christians are just deceiving themselves thinking that they are just going to get away with what they are doing. The rest of us are taking our Faith very seriously as a matter of life or death. Read James chapter 5 verses 19 & 20 telling the brethern that if someone does err from the Truth, let him know that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. When Apostle Paul preached to the Church, he did not in any way butter anything up to make you feel that you were just OK in whatever sin you were doing, for he preached the Word as God through Christ told him to preach and that was to convict you of yours sins, no matter what they were and live a Spiritual Life from thereafter. In some of your posts, you are making it sound like you have all the answers to help children, well it seems that you are leaving God out of the picture totally because only God has the power to heal completely and your way will not save that person either.
you claim that i only see things "my way or no way" - you're just as guilty of the same thing.

i've pointed out to you 3 major factors in the changing game - the biggest culprit of all was exodus. i can't imagine how many lives they've damaged. even they finally conceeded defeat and realized they weren't doing the good they thought they were.

now the question is : how many people are you going to harm by choosing to continue the farce and lie of attempting to change people to something they really are not?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"...that where voted on with regaurds towards same sex marriage volated it."
Say what?
Dang Frankie, the last two times that you fools voted on the subject of same sex marriage, they where both shot down for violating the Constitution. Have your law makers take a class or two.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to disappoint you, but I assure you that I have read the Bible and you have not. If you had then you would know it was not a fantasy.
I mentioned the major religions and gave you the option of Wicca, but some satanist will allow for homosexuality, and then there are some pagan ritual religions.
You should care, unless you were lying about reading the Bible.
Now, please tell us, what was your reason for opposing same sex marriages before. Come on, give us the mountain of research that led you to that concrete decision. You see, knowing the basis of that decision is all we need know to understand your current decision.
I have not lied, I have read it, twice, cover to cover and in context ( the only way any book should be read ). I certainly did not memorize any of it ( what a total waste of time that would be ) but know generally what is in it.

This is the USA where we have freedom of religion, any religion, regardless of how many followers it has, and as long as you abide by US law, you are free to believe whichever religion you want to, and no religion is allowed power over anyone else.

If you are new to this country there are some immigrant courses you can take to learn more about it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Liar. In only 13 states is it legal for same sex marriages.
Wrong 14 states now, probably 15 by the end of the year.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Never did.
Disagree??
Find the post Rover boy.
LOL!!!
Geeeezus already. What a LOSER your momma gave birth to.
Yes you did. You threatened to beat me "into a greasy stain". I know you did, you know you did. But I'll work on getting you to do it again fruitloops so you can't deny it again. How's that punk?

Whoop!~Whoop!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>Dang Frankie, the last two times that you fools voted on the subject of same sex marriage, they where both shot down for violating the Constitution. Have your law makers take a class or two.
I didn't vote against SSM, fool. Try again. If it's too much for you, ask for help.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Oroville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••