Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#210694 Aug 18, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) You are not Suzanne. I'm not sure why you would feel the need to answer a comment directed at her. Oh wait... I do understand. You are histrionic and narcissistic.
2.) You call my words "heresy". I call them "my belief system". Remember that exercise where I suggest you hold out your arms to your side, turn in a circle and say, "This is my space and I can only control what falls within my space"? This would be an excellent time to practice.
3.) Evil spirit? Really? Is this the same evil spirit that leads me to believe that there is no such thing as a justifiable war? Maybe it's the same evil spirit that encourages me to speak out against discrimination, abortion, and capital punishment. I thought evil spirits had you doing things that harmed society.
4.) God's words lead me to my beliefs. His spirit drives me. Your lack of faith makes you run to ancient texts and cherry pick verses from it. You then lob them at anyone who doesn't fall in step behind you.
5.) The way that people have treated one another over the eons is never an excuse to continue any practice. Societies and cultures advance through the will of God. We are moved in His direction. It's much like when Christ was born, lived, died and resurrected in order to create a new covenant between God and mankind. It must have taken a great deal of faith over 2100 years ago for people to let go of the old ways and embrace new ways. I do not believe that God stopped working with mankind since then. I do not believe that He has remained silent all of this time. And I don't need to go to ancient writings to understand this to be the case.
You jump in on Suzanne's posts, but whine when I correct your lies and deceptions ~ ON A DISCUSSION SITE?

You've spent the morning declaring I have no right to voice my opinion on here while you lie, slander and distort God and man.

Wave your arms, it goes along with the insanity you are spouting.
Philerup

San Francisco, CA

#210695 Aug 18, 2013
I always thought highways was were airplanes drove.
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#210696 Aug 18, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>hey when you gonna post all those bible verses where jesus went after gay people as you do... or do you just twist the bible to justify your hate....
ya thought so bigot
I am sorry that you feel the need to try and bring me down, but really I do not take anything that anyone says against me personally because I am a Christian who is a follower of Christ and am protected by His Word when I quote from His Word.

There are some verses that I will leave with you right now and the verses in Galatians chapter 1 verses 11-12 and I quote: But I certify you, brethern, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neigher received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." Otherwords when Apostle Paul wrote his epistles, he was being directed by the Holy Spirit, so when you read Romans all Chapter 1, but especially verses 24- 28, you will see what the Holy Spirt had Apostle Paul to say and I quote: "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves; who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is Blessed forever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections; for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature; and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of he woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient." These are God's Words, not mine, so my husband and I believe that these words were a revelation from Christ for Apostle Paul to write us, so it tells us what he did to the people who commit homosexual acts. Of course, there are many sins that people do that they must ask for forgiveness for, but after accepting Christ, we must not sin anymore as sin is defined in Scriptrue in Galatians Chapter 5.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#210697 Aug 18, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer your question. First of all if you do study the Scriptures, you will find that the Bible is like a puzzle and you have to put it together. It says in First Corinthians Chapter 2 Verses 14-16 an I quote: "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ." Unless you have the Spirit of Christ living in you and I do know because I am guided daily with knowing if I am doing right or wrong and if I choose to not please God, he does let me know.
Also, why I have to determine who is Christian when I have friends is because I do make friends easily and I always know if they are Christians because the Christians I run around with are so excited about what Christ is doing in their lives and they always use their Faith in everything that they do and they bear fruits of the spirit which is found in Galatians Chapter 5 because it deals with the "fruits of the spiri" and the "lusts of he flesh." Now I would like to focus on First Corinthians Chapter 5 and read the whole chapter to try and understand what we should do about Christians within gatherings if they are not obeying God's Word, but especially verses 9-13 and I quote: "I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world, but now I have written unto you not to keep company if any man is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extorioner, with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? but them that are without God judgeth. Therefore, put away from among yourselves tht wicked person". These verses we believe is talking to the Christian who sees that one in the gathering is doing these sins and there are many more, but if the man is not a brother in Christ, then we can witness to them and try to help them, but if they say they are a brother in Christ and committing sins, you must remove yourself from them and even eat with them.
I could go on and on about this subject, but I think if you study these verses and you are a Christian that follows Christ daily, you will get the picture that God has warned us to do.
So as a Christian, which can be verified if the person says they are, we are allowed to judge others in sin because God warned us to, yet if we Listen to Jesus, He says “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." So was Jesus talking to non-Christians then?
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#210698 Aug 18, 2013
confused mom at infineon wrote:
<quoted text>
Our board has decided in our meeting that the only way to end the confusion and dismay and disarray and upset and so on is to take all the walls down on the toilets so that there will be no doors to mark one way or another. Mrs. WB voiced a concern over sanitation, but Mr. RH said that toilets arent as dirty as butts are, and Mrs. PB thought that was a cute thing to say, Mrs. LK agreed but said it didnt advance any thinking, while Mrs. EV became distraught and hollered that whoever was grabbing her as she sat there had better cut it out (she was sitting alone, as always). The engineer guy said it could be done and that the janitors would be going through a lot faster when they couldnt hide behind doors and smoke while the floors dried. Mrs. MM said that she wondered what the girls would do without the social environment of a girls only bathroom without doors or walls, The engineer guy said that the girls wouldnt be able to smoke in the toilets any more now either. Mrs. CM asked how much it would cost. Mr. FG said he thought that toilet monitors wouldnt be needed any more now. Mrs. RR mentioned that we dont have official toilet monitors now, anyway. The engineer guy said that the boys wouldnt be able to smoke anymore in the toilets anymore. Mr. & Mrs. Wl suggested considering removing the stall doors too. We adjourned then, to think things over at home.
I happen to belong to a organization called ( saveCalifornia.com ) and they have been fighting AB1266 for sometime now. This (trans gender) thing is really so disgusting that it is just one more thing that God is looking at and that man is going down the tubes. Our country is not the country that when our forefathers lived here. They would be turning over in their graves right now if they knew what was happening. Jerry Brown is nothing like his father, for my father was a good friend of Pat Brown when he was the governor of California way back when. My father would not of had much to do with a governor if they signed AB1266 to start taking place in Jan.2014. Please God help America before it is to late for us, for so many people have become so evil that is makes one sick to their stomachs.
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#210699 Aug 18, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>So as a Christian, which can be verified if the person says they are, we are allowed to judge others in sin because God warned us to, yet if we Listen to Jesus, He says “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." So was Jesus talking to non-Christians then?
I will try and reply to your question later this evening for we have to leave for the rest of the day. Thank you for your question.

For the rest of you who just love my post, of course you don't, I will give you some relief for the day, so you will not have to hear any more Scriptures until I return. Have a nice day!!
Mikey

Glendale, CA

#210704 Aug 18, 2013
curly sue wrote:
there is a special place in hell for those who engage in same-sex.
Really? Is it same place that all the good Christians go for judging other people or the same one for hateful Christian bigots?
Mikey

Glendale, CA

#210705 Aug 18, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to belong to a organization called ( saveCalifornia.com ) and they have been fighting AB1266 for sometime now. This (trans gender) thing is really so disgusting that it is just one more thing that God is looking at and that man is going down the tubes. Our country is not the country that when our forefathers lived here. They would be turning over in their graves right now if they knew what was happening. Jerry Brown is nothing like his father, for my father was a good friend of Pat Brown when he was the governor of California way back when. My father would not of had much to do with a governor if they signed AB1266 to start taking place in Jan.2014. Please God help America before it is to late for us, for so many people have become so evil that is makes one sick to their stomachs.
Actually you sound pretty evil yourself, forcing your religion on others.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#210707 Aug 18, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that you feel the need to try and bring me down, but really I do not take anything that anyone says against me personally because I am a Christian who is a follower of Christ and am protected by His Word when I quote from His Word.
There are some verses that I will leave with you right now and the verses in Galatians chapter 1 verses 11-12 and I quote: But I certify you, brethern, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neigher received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." Otherwords when Apostle Paul wrote his epistles, he was being directed by the Holy Spirit, so when you read Romans all Chapter 1, but especially verses 24- 28, you will see what the Holy Spirt had Apostle Paul to say and I quote: "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves; who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is Blessed forever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections; for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature; and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of he woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient." These are God's Words, not mine, so my husband and I believe that these words were a revelation from Christ for Apostle Paul to write us, so it tells us what he did to the people who commit homosexual acts. Of course, there are many sins that people do that they must ask for forgiveness for, but after accepting Christ, we must not sin anymore as sin is defined in Scriptrue in Galatians Chapter 5.
Quoting scripture isn't going to do much for Sparkle - I'm sure she's heard plenty of it from those who have harmed her in the past, including those who should have always protected her.

I would also suggest fewer long paragraphs. They are a bit off-putting to wade through.

The entire US of A

#210708 Aug 18, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to belong to a organization called ( saveCalifornia.com ) and they have been fighting AB1266 for sometime now. This (trans gender) thing is really so disgusting that it is just one more thing that God is looking at and that man is going down the tubes...
Can you explain why transgendered people are "disgusting" and should be treated badly? How is it different than any other condition or trait? Do you believe that God made a mistake when He created them?

It's not chosen. It's not catching, and the various ways to deal with it and treat it harm NO ONE.

If God chose to make some people whose visible gender doesn't match the gender they KNOW they are, how is that disgusting to you? What does it have to do with YOU at all? You should just be glad that you are not in their ranks, or, heaven forbid, one of your own children. You would drive them to suicide.

How dare you complain with the methods that these children's parents use to allow them to lead healthy lives? Should they all have to pretend, and perhaps kill themselves, just to make you feel better?

Some Christian YOU are.

The entire US of A

#210709 Aug 18, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I will try and reply to your question later this evening for we have to leave for the rest of the day. Thank you for your question.
For the rest of you who just love my post, of course you don't, I will give you some relief for the day, so you will not have to hear any more Scriptures until I return. Have a nice day!!
Your assumption that there are not gay Christians on these threads is amusing, but hardly factual. And many of those who are not Christian likely have studied scripture more than you have, but were driven out of their christian churches by loving so-called children of God.

After your disgusting comments about transgendered children, you should be ashamed to show your face in church.
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#210710 Aug 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain why transgendered people are "disgusting" and should be treated badly? How is it different than any other condition or trait? Do you believe that God made a mistake when He created them?
It's not chosen. It's not catching, and the various ways to deal with it and treat it harm NO ONE.
If God chose to make some people whose visible gender doesn't match the gender they KNOW they are, how is that disgusting to you? What does it have to do with YOU at all? You should just be glad that you are not in their ranks, or, heaven forbid, one of your own children. You would drive them to suicide.
How dare you complain with the methods that these children's parents use to allow them to lead healthy lives? Should they all have to pretend, and perhaps kill themselves, just to make you feel better?
Some Christian YOU are.
I do not believe for one moment that God created anything but perfect in the beginning, but because of mans fall in the garden of eden, sin began and then I believe that put the world in motion man through his sin was people born not perfect, not because of God for he would not created a non-perfect person, but sin through their geneologies is what created all that is imperfect. Do you think for one moment that God would have women abort their babies, so how are you going explain that God does all these things, but because of mans sin, we can make things right and help people. I am not against anyone that is trans gender and I am not against anyone, but God's Word is God's Word and he would not want children in the same bathrooms.

Sacramento, CA

#210711 Aug 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Christian YOU are.
You beat me to it, good questions, well said.

Sacramento, CA

#210712 Aug 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assumption that there are not gay Christians on these threads is amusing, but hardly factual. And many of those who are not Christian likely have studied scripture more than you have, but were driven out of their christian churches by loving so-called children of God.
After your disgusting comments about transgendered children, you should be ashamed to show your face in church.
I agree, Churches should be concerned about the gay community and bringing them closer to God, not driving them further away.

Sacramento, CA

#210713 Aug 18, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to belong to a organization called ( saveCalifornia.com ) and they have been fighting AB1266 for sometime now.
How is joining an anti-gay hate group supposed to show the Christian love and tolerance for gay people? Do you want to draw the gay community closer or further away from God?
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#210714 Aug 18, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you read all my threads, you should not misquote me. For we do not go to a Church which means (called out) in greek. We have studied for over 50 years now and the only thing my husband and I do is watch mostly Christian programs on TV and have Bible Studies in our home. We are dedicated to helping Christians that have strayed and also help people in need of Christ or are hungry. You have no idea what your are talking about and we follow Christ daily and we DO NOT PRACTICE SIN AS SIN IS DEFINED IN SCRIPTURE. We believe if you do not give up your sin before your death, you will go to hell.

Sacramento, CA

#210715 Aug 18, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe for one moment that God created anything but perfect in the beginning, but because of mans fall in the garden of eden, sin began and then I believe that put the world in motion man through his sin was people born not perfect, not because of God for he would not created a non-perfect person, but sin through their geneologies is what created all that is imperfect. Do you think for one moment that God would have women abort their babies, so how are you going explain that God does all these things, but because of mans sin, we can make things right and help people. I am not against anyone that is trans gender and I am not against anyone, but God's Word is God's Word and he would not want children in the same bathrooms.
So if a person has a generic defect, and is not perfect, should we join a hate group to further push them away? "we can make things right and help people." is that really helping make things right? Do you understand what a transgender human being must be going through? Have some sympathy.

Sacramento, CA

#210716 Aug 18, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
as a Christian, do you know how sad I feel reading your post? If I did happen to have a transgender child, it would make me even sadder. Should the parents of a child like that explain that it was from sin in his genealogy going way back. I really have no idea what it would be like, but reading about suicide breaks my heart. We should help those that are different then us, make their life as valuable as ours.

Sacramento, CA

#210717 Aug 18, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe if you do not give up your sin before your death, you will go to hell.
are you sin free?
Pressure

Seattle, WA

#210718 Aug 18, 2013
It doesn't matter to me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Sun just cause 96
Marvin Markle (Mar '12) Oct 17 Happy 15
Review: Oroville Tacos Oct 1 Roy T 4
Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Sep 23 RYGAR530 14
beating Sep '14 psychomike 1
Council continues Walmart appeals (Dec '10) Sep '14 Andy 49
Recent reports of bodies found/murders in Orovi... Aug '14 Justsaying 1
Oroville Dating
Find my Match

Oroville Jobs