Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201880 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207503 Aug 6, 2013
no judging zone wrote:
Here's another golden STUIPD nugget from the Republican, GOP, RNC and Tea Party brain cells.
"Republican" calls Obamacare tax on tanning salons 'racist' now if this don't beat all?
Expensive tax payer funded meetings took place in Washington D.C. over this statement and have resulted in the American public being reassured the reason they are not in charge anymore.
Looks like it may not happen for several decades either.
THEY HAVE LOST THEIR WAY?
"STUIPD"
no judging zone

Covina, CA

#207504 Aug 6, 2013
Here's another golden STUIPD nugget from the Republican, GOP, RNC and Tea Party brain cells.

"Republican" calls Obamacare tax on tanning salons 'racist' now if this don't beat all?

Expensive tax payer funded meetings took place in Washington D.C. over this statement and have resulted in the American public being reassured the reason they are not in charge anymore.

THEY HAVE LOST THEIR WAY AGAIN?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#207506 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he say that? I didn't see it.
Learn to read, he/she made a statement, and I had a question as the statement was ambiguous, awaiting an answer. I didnít say he/she said that, I asked if they did.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207507 Aug 6, 2013
no judging zone wrote:
THEY HAVE LOST THEIR WAY AGAIN?
Shuddup.
Six Word Story

Hayward, CA

#207509 Aug 6, 2013
VeryVerbose's posts are too long. Boring.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207510 Aug 6, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Please reduce the length of your posts significantly. Thanks.
Please choke on your own stool.

Thanks.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207511 Aug 6, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a mentally ill person shouting on the street corner downtown.
Yeah, the message being "Der Sphincter vill bring you to Enlightenment!"

The both of you sound exactly like, shitferbrains.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207512 Aug 6, 2013
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

If heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207513 Aug 6, 2013
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. You know, equal. As in marriage equality.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207515 Aug 6, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't look at Topix until I get home from work and eat dinner. You start at breakfast and stay on all day, obviously. Sad for you.
Oh look, everybody! You have to punch a clock to beat on a little Occutard drum all day.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207516 Aug 6, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to quote to you some of our forefathers beliefs....
Paragraphs are one of God's gifts to the world, if only you will open your eyes to see.

*snicker*
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207517 Aug 6, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read, he/she made a statement, and I had a question as the statement was ambiguous, awaiting an answer. I didnít say he/she said that, I asked if they did.
I know how to read. That's why I asked you where he said that he had a problem with investing in companies and the people that work there. I must have missed that post. Which number was it?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207519 Aug 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, everybody! You have to punch a clock to beat on a little Occutard drum all day.
He goes to work. He comes home and looks at Topix. Then he says we're losers.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207520 Aug 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Rude and afraid of a old lady.
What's with that?
For one thing, I don't believe she's an old lady.

And I'm no more rude than any cultist. I think we've had enough of imaginary Cosmic Boogermen to keep us in our places, don't you?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207521 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He goes to work. He comes home and looks at Topix. Then he says we're losers.
I don't believe it for a minute. It doesn't even have the skills to be a skid mark.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#207522 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how to read.
Obviously not, I asked a question, I didnít make a statement.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207523 Aug 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
For one thing, I don't believe she's an old lady.
And I'm no more rude than any cultist. I think we've had enough of imaginary Cosmic Boogermen to keep us in our places, don't you?
If I'm going to give hell to Caligula for its being protected by ThoughtCrime legislation, then I most certainly will give hell to the religious types who have always tried to sell me on the supposedly biggest baddest ThoughtCrime legislator of all.

"He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for Goodness Sake!"

Rude, my ass.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207524 Aug 6, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not, I asked a question, I didnít make a statement.
Glad you said that.

You haven't answered the question about how you can have kids and grandkids and not feel any responsibility to them and speak out against the Decadents.

Do you not care for their future, knowing of Folsom Street and "How Berkeley can YOU be?" ?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#207525 Aug 6, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that you feel that I was trying to make you believe like I do, but I was quoting from our forefathers and how they believed and it is to bad that our country did not continue on with their beliefs.
Our country HAS continued on with its beliefs. Our country was founded on the principle that we would have no state religion. We didn't have one at our founding, we don't have one now, and we will never have one in the future.
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest that you look up Rabbi Pastor Jonathan Cahn who was invited to speak at the Innaguaral Prayer Breakfast for Obama on Jan. 21st 2013 and also he spoke at the Capital Building in May 2013. He is a very dynamic speaker who speaks about our forefathers and also he is has prophetic messages about what is going to happen to America if we as a nation don't turn back to our Creator and obey His Commandments. If we do not turn from our wicked ways, he will destroy us like he did many of the Hebrew people in the Old Testament. I am only quoting from others and you are not offending me, for you are offending our Creator. Anything that I have been quoting so far has been from the Scriptures or others that have very deep beliefs, so if you have a issue about what I am writing, you are taking your issue up with the wrong person. My husband and I of 55 years of marriage take our faith as a matter of life or death and we do NOT practice any type of sin as sin is defined in Scripture. We follow Christ daily which is our beliefs and if you do not like our beliefs, that is your choice. We have been called kooks on this forum, radicals and many nasty things, but we are quoting from our Holy Scriptures which offends our Creator. If only one person will listen to the Truth, it will be worth it all. May you seek the Lord of Lord and King of Kings while he may be found and if you decide that this is not for you, it is OK. We ALL have a right to our opinions, but my opinions are based fully on God's Holy Word.
Yawn.

You seem to like taking quotes from our forefathers. Allow me to include one too.

Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli begins as follows, "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion......"

It was ratified by Congress and signed into law by President Adams in 1796.

As for offending your creator, your creator is quite clear that when you are told that you message is not wanted, you are to move on. Your message isn't wanted. This forum is about marriage and civil rights, not religion.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#207526 Aug 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SS couples are not equal to marriage.
You can't equate a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half to marriage.
That's not rocket science.
Repetition of nonsense. The argument of fools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mediocrity rules Sep 16 jobo 1
Anyone know abbi mendoza, 40 years old (Jul '15) Aug 25 Melissa95988 7
News Man shot multiple times in Berry Creek a disputea (Dec '16) Jul '17 Rhino 4
News Homeless ousted from camp (Feb '09) Jul '17 TownWitch 93
FYI: Cali residents are entitled to payments wh... Jun '17 Chico Bandito 1
News Early-morning fire destroys Bucks Lake Lodge (Jan '10) Jun '17 Missey 24
News A a safea space to shoot up: Worth a try in Cal... Jun '17 Jane 1

Oroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oroville Mortgages