Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201480 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#207387 Aug 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You showed no such thing. You showed a theory. You presented an article that clearly indicates this is a theory, one that likely will never be able to be proven.
Nevertheless, homosexuality is not a disorder. It does not need to be corrected; especially for YOUR benefit.
It never fails to amaze me how people believe they have the right to suggest that a characteristic in someone else is something that should be changed; especially when that characteristic is not a disorder and certainly not something that harms society.
Such arrogance...
Yeah, VV, I did show you lied.

That's why you are gay twirling stupidly.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
motion detectors

Covina, CA

#207388 Aug 5, 2013
So ya got a bad case of diarrhea do ya, got a cork and then stop posting your spews.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207389 Aug 5, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you make comments on this forum that are not constructive?
It's likely one of those idiotic Church of Christ'ers. They're the single biggest bunch of pious uppity "I'm it and you're shit" churchies in the Business.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207390 Aug 5, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Come on F man, I almost stood up and put my hand over my cold blooded morally correct American heart.
I almost barfed. Big D misses no opportunity to remind us of his awesomeness.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#207391 Aug 5, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, there is no state interest in children being raise by a married mother and father. Fully 40% of births in the US are to out of wedlock parents. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unmarry.htm
Are you implying the state prefers children to be born out of wedlock?
If these state did have an interest in this, as you assert, they would force those who have children out of wedlock to marry, they would prevent divorce in cases where children were present, and they would prevent adoption. Yet, none of these conditions is true.
Simply put, your assertion is so much BS.
Why not ban marriage, that way, no child is born in wedlock? Thus proving without a doubt, the state has no interest in children being born in wedlock.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Geeter

Kansas City, MO

#207392 Aug 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D's wife says he has little tolerance. Who are we to argue? She knows him best.
Isn't that cute? Big D's wife calls his member "tolerance".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sheesh

United States

#207393 Aug 5, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
It's likely one of those idiotic Church of Christ'ers. They're the single biggest bunch of pious uppity "I'm it and you're shit" churchies in the Business.
NO, that would be the Pentupcaustics.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207394 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, VV, I did show you lied.
That's why you are gay twirling stupidly.
Please... Show me where I lied.

This should be rich.
Santa Rosa Native

Sonoma, CA

#207395 Aug 5, 2013
God is not your friend, he is your master. God cannot be your friend while he governs and espies everything you do, have done, think of doing, want to do, have seen done and done nothing about, dreamt of doing or are going to do without regard to his teaching. This is because he knows how the carpet is woven, how many and what steps you will take and with whom those steps will be taken and against whom and with what result each step of each of us will cause to come about. There is nothing you can do but hope and pray that what is written is going to happen to you, which is known by the holy father alone, is going to seem good to you as it is done to you and you bear forth the fruit of it happening as it is written. There is no escape. We should not want to escape from the grnad plan or to know more than we are given to know. Such knowing would be false knowledge and is of no greater worth than the filth of the birds let forth upon the barren soil in wind. There are no excuses, no alternatives, no rewards...what will be is what is going to be and you are not given stewardship, your feeling of your place is not asked, you are as an inked sign brushed in an unknown ancient hand drying in the wind.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207396 Aug 5, 2013
Santa Rosa Native wrote:
God is not your friend, he is your master. God cannot be your friend while he governs and espies everything you do, have done, think of doing, want to do, have seen done and done nothing about, dreamt of doing or are going to do without regard to his teaching. This is because he knows how the carpet is woven, how many and what steps you will take and with whom those steps will be taken and against whom and with what result each step of each of us will cause to come about. There is nothing you can do but hope and pray that what is written is going to happen to you, which is known by the holy father alone, is going to seem good to you as it is done to you and you bear forth the fruit of it happening as it is written. There is no escape. We should not want to escape from the grnad plan or to know more than we are given to know. Such knowing would be false knowledge and is of no greater worth than the filth of the birds let forth upon the barren soil in wind. There are no excuses, no alternatives, no rewards...what will be is what is going to be and you are not given stewardship, your feeling of your place is not asked, you are as an inked sign brushed in an unknown ancient hand drying in the wind.
God knew a googolplexed eternity ago that you'd never be able to make a paragraph.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207397 Aug 5, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, that would be the Pentupcaustics.
Granted, they're all wound pretty tight, but I base first hand knowledge. my family is infested with know-it-all CoC'ers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"Daddy's coming"”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#207398 Aug 5, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text> I'm guessing Rainbow skittles get the crap taste out of your mouth. Eh?
I wouldn't know..I put shyte in the toilet, not my mouth. This must be a trick you have tried!?!
Cowboy Dan

Sacramento, CA

#207399 Aug 5, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for responding to my comments. I hope that you will look for the Truth because someday you will have to face our Creator and tell him that you did not want Him in your life and personally, I would not want to be in your shoes at that time. He is here to help you and if more people out there would just take a good look at His Beautiful Creation that he created for all of us to enjoy, maybe, just maybe, you will find Him. May you look to Christ while he may be found, for someday when He returns, it will be too late. I really am not writing to argue, for you cannot argue about God anyway. I believe "GOD SAID IT, I BELIEVE IT AND THAT SETTLES IT."
Hey ther woman, im living here near bye, you really think you told em? why don't we meet sometime, im real lonely, you can do that god stuff on me and you know what i mean. let em hollar darling suzanne! Cowboy Dan at her service!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207401 Aug 5, 2013
Cowboy Dan wrote:
<quoted text>Hey ther woman, im living here near bye, you really think you told em? why don't we meet sometime, im real lonely, you can do that god stuff on me and you know what i mean. let em hollar darling suzanne! Cowboy Dan at her service!
Yeah, give her some of that Song of Solomon stuff. Gives the old ladies the vapors.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Limericks

Covina, CA

#207402 Aug 5, 2013
Never fear the 200,000 limit is near, lime-rock
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207403 Aug 5, 2013
Limericks wrote:
Never fear the 200,000 limit is near, lime-rock
Obsess much, Emo?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207404 Aug 5, 2013
Cop Watch wrote:
Brett Seacat, a former police officer charged with killing his wife and setting their Kansas home on fire in April 2011.
Ex-Kansas cop accused of killing wife.
Former cops gone bad.
My guess, lately, is that some of these so-called "renegade" cops are cops who might have beans to spill, and are being "neutralized" by the press. Demonize them, hunt and kill them and no-one will ever know what they might have said. I've been wondering that a lot, lately. How many are like Eric Snowden, but never got the chance to give out damning info?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207405 Aug 5, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, there is no state interest in children being raise by a married mother and father. Fully 40% of births in the US are to out of wedlock parents. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unmarry.htm
If these state did have an interest in this, as you assert, they would force those who have children out of wedlock to marry, they would prevent divorce in cases where children were present, and they would prevent adoption. Yet, none of these conditions is true.
Simply put, your assertion is so much BS.
Of course, you're full of shit. Look at your statistics, and look at our crumbling society. Examine the "cause and effect" phenomenon. D-oohhh.... It's your drivel that is so much BS. You're getting your treats and are ignoring the cost to the rest of us.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207406 Aug 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The desired situation is for there to be fewer children. The world is overpopulated as it is.
A very large minority of children are born out of wedlock
Your desired situation, is not either reality, or law, just your desire.
You can have all the desires you want, but when your desire is to deny equal rights to others, the answer is... no.
As opposed to a small majority?
The corporate tool has returned to work. Anti-American trolling.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207407 Aug 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dopey joke. Wouldn't work that way. Big D would dictate it's height to be whatever he wanted it to be and attempt to force Pietro and Frankie to accept it.
But....What if Frankie and Pietro don't like what Big D is telling them? What if they don't have any way to lay it down? What if they .....Oh, must we always do what D orders us to?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff`s Race In Yuba County Apr 16 Roudy 1
News Two wounded in shooting at south side of OrovilleA (May '09) Apr 7 Mechelle williams 13
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Mar 29 myopinion 101
News PG&E plans low-level flights this week over But... Mar 28 Mann Avenue 1
News Egbert convicted of second-degree murder (Oct '08) Mar 27 a disgusted class... 8
North Sierra Wine Trail - Oroville Mar 27 howefortunate 1
News Boys and Girls Club comes to juvenile hall (Nov '07) Mar 26 Kayla Foster 6

Oroville Jobs

Personal Finance

Oroville Mortgages