Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
177,481 - 177,500 of 200,360 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
Regular readers of this thread know that no other poster loves our Homosexual friends, the lesbians, my fellow dog lovers, and yes, even the Africans, more than I. Even so, I cannot help but wonder why - now that our Homosexual friends and the lesbians have achieved "full equality" - why they have not signed up for Army service in order to defend that "right" instead of focusing their sights on "marrying" one another.
Ronald
Ronald...

A quick check of the figures show that about two percent, or 60,000 LGBT people serve in the military.

“"Situation Normal"”

Since: Jun 13

"All Flucked Up"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another sock puppet already Bill? Bring back Old SniffButt! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
And I have no idea what the hell you're talking about,but I've noticed that pretty much sums up every off topic post you've made for the last 14 hours you've been on this thread. Maybe you and Randy shouldn't hit the sauce so hard during the day and you may make more sense posting. Have you ever thought about getting some psychological help for your obsession? Again who the hell is bill? LOL
sheesh

Broad Run, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

justhefacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Im justhefacts because Im a researcher and numbers guy. Try this one out how Lib womenís movement in the 60s effect todayís T.V. adds.
Spend a night paper and penceil. Look at every add when they make the Non Hispanic male look stupid and the females look smart.
Also look when a Female looks stupid the male is also included.
The look at the how the Blacks look smart and the whites are made too look stupid. You will NOT see ONE add where they make the Blacks male look stupid alone if thereís a white male in it not looking stupid.
Hears the kicker. We have a Mulatto President.
Blacks are 13% of U.S. pop
Hispanics is 15% of the U.S. pop.
BUT almost every add has a blacks in it but NO Hispanics. So much for DEMS Equality B/S Dems purposely emit the Hispanic in T.V. adds because dems trying to push Amnesty and doesent want the common man to think about this
Add breakdown
Blacks 99%
Whites 99%
Hispanics ZIP on the east coast.
I've got the boob toob on right now. The hair club adverts include men and women, black and white. Quite frankly all of 'em are coming off a bit dumb.

BTW, I'm still waiting for you to provide statistics from a comment you made previously:

"Look at the Lib voter base in murders and Crime"

Data please.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald...
A quick check of the figures show that about two percent, or 60,000 LGBT people serve in the military.
veryvermilion.

Exactly. Percentage wise, there are far far more dog lovers in the military than their are our Homosexual friends and lesbians. Let us hope not that full equality has been achieved that this disparity in numbers will be addressed.

Ronald
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

** Now that

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) I can be mean and angry. But for the most part I'm a very passive and laid back guy. He has nothing to worry about.
2.) I live in Knoxville. He lives in Greeneville, about an hour's drive away.
3.) His anonymity was compromised by himself when he started cutting and pasting from his own, public blog. I don't know that any of my "lot" exposed him. A good amount of the stuff he posts here is so suspect that it's only reasonable to Google the crap that he says to see where it comes from.
4.) If he were the pastor he claims to be, seems to me that he'd be only too happy to sit down with a "reprobate" (his name for me). That's what pastors do. Besides, he has no problems letting his feelings be known on here. Half of TOPIX knows where he lives at this point. He's obviously not afraid of being confronted for his opinions and comments.
I live in Dillsburg, PA for about two years now.

You do know 'your lot' used that info to intimidate. You have too. Meanwhile, I know your name. Never tried to use it against you.

If I thought sitting down with you had a meaningful purpose, I'd not hesitate, even with the distance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If marriage didn't measure up, why are you trying to impose an imposter relationship on it instead of establishing your own identity?
Your counter is only an idiotic exposure of the inner sense of inadequacy that homosexuality struggles with.
I keep trying to get you to see that self acceptance can only be established from a fearless honesty from within.
<quoted text>
Now you are joining the other girls in being just silly stupid.
You don't know MY marriage. Your words are meaningless dribble.
Here is what we do know;
Homosexuals are expecting heterosexual marriage to shift them from constantly failed relationships to stability. You aren't bring class, you trying to establish class on the backs of women and children.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, gay men don't do anything on the backs of women (Or children for that matter).
I do know your marriage. I know everything about your marriage. It's no different than any other bigot's marriage.
You think it's special and unique. Hardly...
You guys are a dime a dozen. But you're becoming fewer and fewer. In 1960, nearly 60% of adults age 18 to 29 were married. Today, that number is 20%.
I guess you're not so special after all.
Only a gay would make such a idiotic judgment about a marriage he knows nothing about. That assertion alone discredits anything else you say.

However, you still did not address why ss couples demand a false identity with a relationship YOU claim is fatally flawed and failing.

You are absolutely right that marriage in the West is dying (to the detriment of society), calling ss couples married will kill it off.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, like these simple facts about KiMare, from his own public Google blog:
http://watchmann.blogspot.com/search...
Gregory Dale Kirschmann
gregorykirschmann@yahoo.com
Married 36 years, two sons, and one Schnauzer.
Resides in Dillsburg PA effective 2011
Previously Greenville TN effective 2005
Previously Holualoa, Hawaii
These are facts he posted about himself. If you do a Google search you will see more interesting facts about KiMare.
Be careful what you post about yourself online. And then there are those pesky public records when you buy property or there is a UCC filing.
Smile
Of course I'm aware of what posting from the blog does. You forgot to mention that I look like Bruce Willis with the smirk.

Are you ashamed/afraid of posting your name and info?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald...
60,000 gays signed up to room with buff boys...

I wonder how many boys would sign up to room with girls...

Think of how effective the military would be if real equality existed.

Just a note; Last year sexual assaults in the military rose 40%. The majority of them were against men.

Smirk.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they signed up to get an education and a job, with the knowledge that they might be called on to die defending people like you, who would love to deny them, and their families, the same basic civil rights and benefits under the law that everyone else enjoys.

That says a lot about them, and, sadly, a lot about you.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>........
Only a gay would make such a idiotic judgment about a marriage he knows nothing about. That assertion alone discredits anything else you say.
However, you still did not address why ss couples demand a false identity with a relationship YOU claim is fatally flawed and failing.
You are absolutely right that marriage in the West is dying (to the detriment of society), calling ss couples married will kill it off.
You are the one making the silly claim. YOU would need to back it up. So far, you haven't been doing well at it.

And if I were straight, I would be insulted. Are all straight people really so silly and weak minded as to toss away marriage because some other couple married?

That's a pretty funny argument - that it's not about gay folks at all, but about the weaknesses of the delicate heterosexuals that need protection.

I've never understood why so many straight people like yourself feel that way. Heck, most of the heterosexuals I've known in my life were much more confident and sensible than that. Maybe you are just hanging around with the wrong crowd.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they signed up to get an education and a job, with the knowledge that they might be called on to die defending people like you, who would love to deny them, and their families, the same basic civil rights and benefits under the law that everyone else enjoys.
That says a lot about them, and, sadly, a lot about you.
A 40% rise in sexual assaults (the majority against males) belies your claimed motivation.

Moreover it denies the power of mating behavior and ignores the discrimination of heterosexual genders rooming together.

I deny no rights. Gays have every right to establish their own rights without putting our families and country at risk

The fact that your supposed correction violates other rights only exposed the fallacy of your position.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one making the silly claim. YOU would need to back it up. So far, you haven't been doing well at it.
And if I were straight, I would be insulted. Are all straight people really so silly and weak minded as to toss away marriage because some other couple married?
That's a pretty funny argument - that it's not about gay folks at all, but about the weaknesses of the delicate heterosexuals that need protection.
I've never understood why so many straight people like yourself feel that way. Heck, most of the heterosexuals I've known in my life were much more confident and sensible than that. Maybe you are just hanging around with the wrong crowd.
I use no such reasoning about the decline of marriage. Social science credits no fault divorce for the rise in divorce.

Nor would I judge faithful married couples based on the actions of those Eco violated their vows.

Your reasoning simply exposes a ignorant bigotry toward heterosexuals..

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many boys would sign up to room with girls...
Think of how effective the military would be if real equality existed.
Just a note; Last year sexual assaults in the military rose 40%. The majority of them were against men.
Smirk.
Yes... You're exactly right... Gay men join the service in droves so that they can be around hot, sexy men--men who they know they'll never have a chance in hell with. They put their lives on the line, all for the purpose of looking at "buff boys".(sarcasm)

By the way, "buff boys" is probably one of the gayest things you've said here. What kind of straight man would refer to another guy as "buff boys"?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I use no such reasoning about the decline of marriage. Social science credits no fault divorce for the rise in divorce.
Nor would I judge faithful married couples based on the actions of those Eco violated their vows.
You know that quote the NRA likes to throw around, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"?

It can be applied to divorce as well. "Divorce doesn't destroy families, people destroy families."

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
Regular readers of this thread know that no other poster loves our Homosexual friends, the lesbians, my fellow dog lovers, and yes, even the Africans, more than I. Even so, I cannot help but wonder why - now that our Homosexual friends and the lesbians have achieved "full equality" - why they have not signed up for Army service in order to defend that "right" instead of focusing their sights on "marrying" one another.
Ronald
Well, my guess is that in the coming decades you will see more homosexual people in the military.

Just like other people, gays and lesbians want to take advantage of a career field that will offer them experience and schooling in exchange for service.

However, some of us wouldn't join the service if our lives depended on it.

You guys act as though every single gay person should want to join the military or marry simply because we now have access to those institutions.

Not every straight person rushes out and joins the military. Not every straight person rushes out and gets married.

Why would you expect that every gay person would want to do these things?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are looking at it backwards, No fault divorce has strengthened marriage, instead of being forced to stay married, people married today are because they actually want to be married. People work on their marriages instead of depending on the law to force their partners to stay with them.

No fault divorce is the best thing to happen to marriage.

Yes there are more divorces but that is the wrong statistic to look at, those are people that should not be married to one another, unhappy marriages.

People who stay married today work for their marriages, because they are no longer using the crutch of law to keep them that way
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that quote the NRA likes to throw around, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"?
It can be applied to divorce as well. "Divorce doesn't destroy families, people destroy families."
And why canít we have personal nuclear weapons, after all nukes don't kill people, people kill people.

And if your marriage is so lame that you have to depend on the law to keep your partner with you, it would strengthen marriage in general if you were not married.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If marriage didn't measure up, why are you trying to impose an imposter relationship on it instead of establishing your own identity?
Your counter is only an idiotic exposure of the inner sense of inadequacy that homosexuality struggles with.
I keep trying to get you to see that self acceptance can only be established from a fearless honesty from within.
<quoted text>
Now you are joining the other girls in being just silly stupid.
You don't know MY marriage. Your words are meaningless dribble.
Here is what we do know;
Homosexuals are expecting heterosexual marriage to shift them from constantly failed relationships to stability. You aren't bring class, you trying to establish class on the backs of women and children.
<quoted text>
Gay people want the chance to have a committed, legally recognized marriage because we believe we should have the same opportunity to either succeed or fail as you.

I suspect that gay couples who already have decades of a committed relationship under their belts will succeed.

Finally, I'll just say what I've always said... One person's marriage--gay or straight--will have NO IMPACT on another person's marriage. Same sex marriage will not "kill off" marriage.

It's another lie that you are willing to spread in your attempts to discredit gays and lesbians and their relationships. You have no proof (based in science) to back up what you're saying.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A 40% rise in sexual assaults (the majority against males) belies your claimed motivation.
Can you prove your claim that any increase in the reporting of sexual assault is due directly to gay men assaulting other men in the military?

Please provide verifiable links and government stats.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••