Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201808 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204198 Jul 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Procreation isn't the real issue. The real issue is mismatched parts.
I wish you would seriously consider what you said...

If gay men can enjoy one another's company, why is that a problem?

You say that it's OK to be lesbian. Do their parts not match?

Just because gay sex isn't interesting to you, can't you just allow for the possibility that gay men know what works for them?

I'm being serious here. Please try not to give a "one-line" zinger as a response. Give it some thought...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204199 Jul 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That was good!
Why do you agree with him when he makes a comment a little later that supports lesbians?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#204200 Jul 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That was good!
But isn't in interesting that ONLY people like you reduce love, marriage, and family life to body parts?

The rest of us think it's so much more important and complicated than simple genitalia.

“Sara for Fun (( M 2 F ))”

Since: Aug 10

Bahrain

#204201 Jul 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you would seriously consider what you said...
If gay men can enjoy one another's company, why is that a problem?
You say that it's OK to be lesbian. Do their parts not match?
Just because gay sex isn't interesting to you, can't you just allow for the possibility that gay men know what works for them?
I'm being serious here. Please try not to give a "one-line" zinger as a response. Give it some thought...
It's a dilemma since eternity and will not find a solution just to give way to livelihoods in peace with a society that accepts such a same-sex marriage, do we civilized society?
Amy

Fullerton, CA

#204202 Jul 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't know that I am a lesbian trapped in a straight man...
And you obviously don't know you're mentally ill. If that were true, then you must have an anal fixation, no wonder gay men frighten you so.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204203 Jul 22, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
And you obviously don't know you're mentally ill. If that were true, then you must have an anal fixation, no wonder gay men frighten you so.
Pointing out an obvious medical fact means I have an Amal fixation? How gay. However, it is worse than that I am a genetic chimera and a hermaphrodite, look it up. Literally a lesbian trapped on a straight man.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204204 Jul 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you agree with him when he makes a comment a little later that supports lesbians?
Because he accurately points out a physical fact that exposes the mating behavior defect of homosexuality.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204205 Jul 22, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
But isn't in interesting that ONLY people like you reduce love, marriage, and family life to body parts?
The rest of us think it's so much more important and complicated than simple genitalia.
Where gave I ever reduced love,arraigned or family to any such thing? Maybe you are confusing me with VV who said, "Screw children"?

The resl question is, why do you need to lie and distort to defend a legitimate cause?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204206 Jul 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish you would seriously consider what you said...
If gay men can enjoy one another's company, why is that a problem?
You say that it's OK to be lesbian. Do their parts not match?
Just because gay sex isn't interesting to you, can't you just allow for the possibility that gay men know what works for them?
I'm being serious here. Please try not to give a "one-line" zinger as a response. Give it some thought...
I do. If I gave it any real thought, I'd not be here for the fun factor. I'd leave the matter be. We all know that you are going to have your way, and I just can't resist throwing out the zingers. My thoughts can't matter that much.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204207 Jul 22, 2013
BTW, VV,
I was kind of disappointed that you took no notice of the bit about shooting fat guys with paintball guns? I'd expected....something..
:D
Blarney Google

Sonoma, CA

#204208 Jul 22, 2013
This is just wrong and that woman what called us Reichspublicans is just stupid and a doper and a turd because she is just wrong! Stopping all social services makes sense when we dont have enough money to fight the wars that make sense to those what make the decisions. That is the way it works. Women really want us all to go back to sane times when they knew what was expected of them and could depend on men to take care of business and they were happy to be taking care of the men as told. Now that is the way it should and will be. The next elections will turn the tide and we can begin to dump the evil socialist security, stalin's medicare, lazy bums "UNEMPLOYMENT" insurance that they wont pay for, foodstamps what they use for diapers to smoke in FREE coledges that teach godless crap that dont matter. GOD loves you if you do what you are told, he dont love you if you dont. THAT IS THAT. Act right, do what you are told because it is right, shut up and put your nose to the grindstone, no slackers.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204209 Jul 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I cope just fine. In fact, it's easy.
A married couple and a ss couple. Who do I believe, you, or my eyes?
Do you know how silly you look pretending no one sees?
No you donít, you have yet to acknowledge that same sex couples are married, as married and legitimate in the eyes of the law as any other couple

You are the one claiming that you cannot see, not I
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204210 Jul 22, 2013
WTF?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204211 Jul 22, 2013
WTF? 204208
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204212 Jul 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where gave I ever reduced love,arraigned or family to any such thing?
In nearly every post you have ever made

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204213 Jul 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No you donít, you have yet to acknowledge that same sex couples are married, as married and legitimate in the eyes of the law as any other couple
You are the one claiming that you cannot see, not I
I see just fine. It is why I know SS couples cannot be married.

SS marriage is an oxymoron.
Palace

Monrovia, CA

#204214 Jul 22, 2013
Pickle palace come in a jar or on a stick.
Palace

Monrovia, CA

#204217 Jul 22, 2013
Pickle palace Republicans come in a jar or on a stick.

Remember Boehner don't know squat, That's why they named him Boe-Hner.

Boe don't know a Hner he don't like, that's another reason he like shamans tissue paper a lot.

It's so soft on his brain when he wipes.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204218 Jul 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I see just fine. It is why I know SS couples cannot be married.
SS marriage is an oxymoron.
Perfect example!

Thank you!

You cannot grasp reality, the reality is that they are married, and recognized on both the state and federal level.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204220 Jul 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. If I gave it any real thought, I'd not be here for the fun factor. I'd leave the matter be. We all know that you are going to have your way, and I just can't resist throwing out the zingers. My thoughts can't matter that much.
When I was a kid, a teen, and then a young adult, I would look for information on homosexuality. Back then we didn't have access to computers. I only had access to a small library in a small, rural, southern town. And you can imagine there wasn't a lot of information out there.

Now kids and teens have access to the internet. And I firmly believe that some gay teens and young adults find their way to these forums and read what people say. They're trying to understand themselves better and trying to figure out where they are able to fit in society.

I think that these kids (I call anybody under 30 a kid) are damaged, hurt, frightened, and feel a sense of isolation when they read some of the negative posts that find their way to this forum.

Even the comments that you say are made in fun can have a negative impact on them.

It is true that even though our country has come a long way in supporting LGBT people--especially the young--there are still kids out there in rural locations where they are so scared of coming out. They fear being harassed at school and in the community. And they fear losing their family and friends.

I guess what I'm saying is that I wish we could tone down the rhetoric and nastiness on here.

Words absolutely have an impact. They can encourage others to act abusive towards gay people and they can cause gay youth to act in negative ways towards themselves.

Nobody suspected that I was gay when I was growing up. But those kids who were effeminate or tom-boyish were such targets. I saw how they began to skip school--some dropped out. Some failed classes. Some got caught up in drugs. No one I knew tried to kill themselves. But that does happen.

Do you think we can just tone it down a little?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SmartMeters being installed by PG&E in Butte Co... (May '10) 17 hr Sigmund Freud 36
News Grand jury probed two Ridge officers (Mar '08) Apr 29 Concerned citizen 508
Review: Dennis Lucas Plumbing Repair (Oct '11) Apr 29 PB4YOU 2
News Rape suspect arrested by Oroville police (Jun '10) Apr 25 keepalowprofile 12
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Apr '15 I knew ziggy 97
Review: Oroville Tacos (Aug '14) Mar '15 tamikajohnson1959 5
News Suspected gang leader arrested in Reno (Feb '10) Feb '15 fee 29
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]