Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201844 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#200939 Jul 8, 2013
TrueAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your children are like me then. I'm a 2nd generation Atheist, raising a 3rd generation atheist.
So you in the Atheist religion brag about influencing your family yet are very critical of other religions that do the same. Hypocrites.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#200940 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am agnostic. Haven't sat on a pew in over 50 years. But that's irrelevant. Why are you against marriage equality?
I see your memory is as short as your penis. I support as much freedom for as many people as possible. I advocate minding ones own business when it comes to the peaceful activities of other consenting adults. If three people all agree to get married it is their business not yours of mine.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#200941 Jul 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Hey liar, I never said I blame God you babbling fool. Yes I blame God for life. LOL Don't BS you were not the only one saved from that condition. Stop your BS.
Jesus said, "whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of
hell fire" (Matt. 5:22).

OOOPSY! You are going to hell RicardoFire! You said "thou fool" and that is a ticket to the warm place. Good, the sooner you are roasting on the old lake of fire the better.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#200942 Jul 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>So you in the Atheist religion brag about influencing your family yet are very critical of other religions that do the same. Hypocrites.
You hope to deceive people when you claim that Atheism is a religion. I suspect that the reason most people are critical of Christianity is because of pew warmers like your self who give God the finger and refuse to obey what the Bible teaches for you to follow, all the while preaching and trying to shove certain verses down our throats. You are what a hypocrite is, you prove your hypocrisy with each of your posts.

A true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)

You have no intention of ever becoming a Christian.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#200943 Jul 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The fastest rising category, are bigots and haters. But most Christians don't play a game where anyone wins with the most people on their side. It's not about that at all.
Prov. 19:9 RSV "A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who utters lies will perish"

You just make things up as you go along. You hate it that your religion is an abomination indeed a crime against humanity, and you refuse to face reality and you lie to us. How can we respect you when you do not respect your religion?

With Christians it is always about the numbers. Christians insist on majority [mob] rule until they find themselves in the minority then and only then is voting wrong. Such pathetic creatures.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#200944 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
blah blah blah
Your location says Union City, SURPRISE! I am going to Union City tonight for dinner with friends from Fremont and Hayward. Kind of a little reunion.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200945 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your memory is as short as your penis. I support as much freedom for as many people as possible. I advocate minding ones own business when it comes to the peaceful activities of other consenting adults. If three people all agree to get married it is their business not yours of mine.
Hold the angry ad hominem. The size of my d!ck is irrelevant pervert.
Your knee jerked, you classified me as a dreaded pew warmer because you haven't read or comprehended my posts but you have the balls to say my memory is short.
Priceless.

Elk Grove, CA

#200946 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOPSY! You are going to hell RicardoFire! You said "thou fool" and that is a ticket to the warm place. Good, the sooner you are roasting on the old lake of fire the better.
Throughout the Bible, the concept of a "fool" is equated with one who denies the existence of God or His role in man's life. Back at YOU roasting.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200947 Jul 8, 2013
Like I said. Big D's constant harping on religion brings these creeps like Rev Alan out of the woodwork.

Elk Grove, CA

#200948 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prov. 19:9 RSV "A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who utters lies will perish"
You just make things up as you go along. You hate it that your religion is an abomination indeed a crime against humanity, and you refuse to face reality and you lie to us. How can we respect you when you do not respect your religion?
With Christians it is always about the numbers. Christians insist on majority [mob] rule until they find themselves in the minority then and only then is voting wrong. Such pathetic creatures.
Seems like numbers are more important to your atheist religion. Not mine.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200949 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your location says Union City, SURPRISE! I am going to Union City tonight for dinner with friends from Fremont and Hayward. Kind of a little reunion.
Who cares? Say hello to my ISP. I live on the bay.
Anti Up

Monrovia, CA

#200950 Jul 8, 2013
Was or is this still the methods if you want to get anything done in the city of Glendora, California?

Bribes for visas or sex for visas either one will do: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/07/u-s-embassy...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200951 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
"logical, reasonable, and/or practical distinctions" is completely 100% subjective.
But of course Rev.
Do you know what subjective means? That means that is your opinion and that is all it is. Based on your demonstration that you are in love with every word you type I have to tell you that you are illogical, and unreasonable and you haven't a clue what is practical.
Everyone has an opinion, even judges.
Practical would be you minding your own business and not try to stop other people from exercising their rights, the rights that they were born with, rights the government is supposed to protect.
No, is stopping anyone. The right is the same for ALL men, and ALL women. Simple actually.
You are clearly one of the most illogical and unreasonable beings I have ever read in here. Your interference in other people's activities is pathetic bordering on criminal
Is that straight out of the Orwellian atheistic handbook? Here's a news flash for ya Rev Al, here in America we have the right to discuss, and debate matters of public policy, whether it be taxes, budgets, and yes, how marriage s legally defined in this country.
. Clearly you do not have a clue how a decent honest human being lives and how he treats his fellow man.
A decent honest human being treats his fellow man with respect even when they disagree. You should try it sometime.
Bug Bug Khan III

Sonoma, CA

#200952 Jul 8, 2013
No, NO, no, no you got it all wrong. The only reason the medical establishment says that prayers are of help as a kind of treatment for disorders is that they DON"T work. This means that when the poor booger does wake up & drops the prayer book and calls out for the ambulance the condition is far worse than it was when he/she began the prayer nonsense. This means that more severe treatments, at a greater cost, will have to be undertaken to treat the danged hangnail and cure the believer's intense B O.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#200953 Jul 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>or the rest are like you with no morals and believing we all came from a puddle of crud and some apes evolved while others didn't and then they stopped evolving for some reason and .....LOL Good luck with that fairy tale
We have morals ... just not YOURS.

btw: human evolution continues. verified.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200954 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Shuddup!(Frankie 5:23)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200955 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain the contradiction between "...support as much freedom for as many people possible", and asking the state into one's personal intimate relationship.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#200956 Jul 8, 2013
TrueAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your children are like me then. I'm a 2nd generation Atheist, raising a 3rd generation atheist.
Cool! I'm sure your parents taught you to THINK then, not just to be a robot.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200960 Jul 8, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool! I'm sure your parents taught you to THINK then, not just to be a robot.
Wow.....the implications are that are staggering. Atheists think.....but religious people don't. I guess its time to close down all those religious universities....I suppose we could start with Georgetown university.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200961 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>hey pedro bigot...
"Pedro"? So we're confusing Italian with Spanish?
why don't you fight the real threat to families and marriage....you know ... DIVORCE!!!!
Wow.....a ray of sanity amidst your "bigot" rantings. I agree divorce, while a necessary means, should be made more difficult, return to the concept of "fault" divorce. Very good.
oh ya that wouldn't allow your bigotry to come out given I would bet my life you are on at least your second marriage
Silly angry stripper magician girl. Still on my first marriage, thanks for asking, twenty plus years, four kids, all by the Missus, imagine that in today's world. In love with the same woman for over 20 years...if my wife finds out, she'll kill me.:). That's a Henny Youngman one liner.
ha ha loooser
Public school education?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News of our Past: Lake Brown was possible name ... Jul 30 RiccardoFire 8
News Mosquito fogging planned Tuesday night on south... Jul 27 Here Is One 1
Media lies Jul 24 Usa 5
News City wants Oroville Inn in receivership (Dec '10) Jul 21 Girlabouttown 14
News Oroville man pleads guilty to molesting girl (Apr '10) Jul 13 kjk822 8
News Egbert convicted of second-degree murder (Oct '08) Jul 13 Tammi 6
Anyone know abbi mendoza, 40 years old Jul 4 Melissa95988 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oroville Mortgages