Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
173,601 - 173,620 of 200,593 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#199555 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it amusing, but not surprising, that you are so stupid you don't know monkeys have light skin, straight hair, thin lips and flat butts.
I find it amusing, but not surprising, that you are so stupid you know monkeys have light skin, straight hair, thin lips and flat butts. Now getting back to we all evolved from primates, and If humans were originally primates, would the first men on Earth be classified as black or white? Then why are you agreeing black people were less evolved than whites and how they had primate-like characteristics. But then you atheists say the first people to walk on Earth were black, and had dark skin. Figure that out. How is it that the first humans on Earth happened to be darker-skinned when monkeys have white skin? Wouldn't the skin of the first humans have been white and had darkened gradually?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#199556 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No distinction at all? That seems to contradict the pronouncement. Plus was their a space on the form for "bride and groom", or just two names?
You seem very hung up on this. The fact that you can't comprehend that the spaces were SPOUSE and SPOUSE astounds me. Every straight couple filling out the form that day had no problem understanding it. Not sure why it's so difficult for you Pietro.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That'd be swell Joh-née, perhaps you explain how that how consummation thing works too, that is for two husbands. Do u have to switch off for it to count?
Dear, how I consummated my marriage isn't any of your concern. I'm not here to help you with you masturbatory needs. Your interest is creepy.
laughing man

UK

#199557 Jul 2, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
To the far righters....the point is with each passing day week month and year same sex marriage gains more and more support and is closer to being legal in all states...It will happen and you can stomp your feet but progress always goes forward. AND HATE AND BIGOTRY ALWAYS LOSE.
Again, you vegetables need to be reminded that the SCROTUS vote was only 5 to 4. It wasn't a mandate. It wasn't a landslide. ITWASTHISCLOSE to being voted the other way. And again you need to be reminded that your "acceptance" is by vote trolling crooked politicians and the Lowest Common Denominator.

Allow me to tell you "intellectuals" what the Lowest Common Denominator is. It's a euphemism, an epithet, actually, a slur, for "The Common Man".

The Common Man is the type of mental cripple who will go and stand out in the rain for hours, hoping the camera will catch a millisecond glimpse during the Hollyweird sponsored segments of Good Mourning, Amurrica.

The Common Man will scream, on cue, like creepy groupie schoolgirls for Sam Champion and its "wife", or for the mention of names like George Michael or Boy George or Michael Jackson. The Common Man believes in flying saucers and buys the tabloid trash that greets them at K-Marts checkout.

Kris Jenner who?

As has been said already, if THAT's the support I'd have, I'd run like hell back to the closet or to jump off a building.

Only an imbecile brags about support from the Common Man.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#199558 Jul 2, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine by me polygamy doesn't hurt me.
I think the "line" should be as follows.....anyone 18 years or older with full consent......There that is it no other law need apply.
Uhhhhhh....ohhkay....sounds simply fair....but why bother with legal recognition at all then?

Location hidden

#199559 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What definition of marriage is this right based on?
The same definition it has had since women were no longer considered property of the husband. Most recently it's defined as a "union", a "ceremony" and an "institution".
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage is a contradiction in terms.
Same sex marriage is a term only used by people that wish to distinguish the marriages of straight people and gay people. There is no actual "same sex marriage" anymore than there is an institution known as "inter-racial marriage". There is only one institution. Marriage. Gay people entering into that "union", or that "institution" or having that "ceremony" don't contradict the terms in any way.

Your statement, like most of your statements, is nothing more than a fundie unsupported propaganda point. Feel free to try again dear.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199560 Jul 2, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. I know that Muslims practice polygamy, which makes for more welfare recipients in my country.(They can claim to be single mothers).
Some of the old hippie arrangements are also a form of it.
The UK has experienced issues with welfare and Muslim polygamous wives. Here in America, in some areas extra wives are called "baby's momma".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199561 Jul 2, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem very hung up on this. The fact that you can't comprehend that the spaces were SPOUSE and SPOUSE astounds me. Every straight couple filling out the form that day had no problem understanding it. Not sure why it's so difficult for you Pietro.
<quoted text>
Dear, how I consummated my marriage isn't any of your concern. I'm not here to help you with you masturbatory needs. Your interest is creepy.
More funny stuff! Good job Joh-nee!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199562 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't one of you dumb asp trolls explain this to me:
If I were a man, why would I consider being told I'm well hung an insult?
But you're not a man.
laughing elections

Monrovia, CA

#199563 Jul 2, 2013
When our city council (Glendora) was up for election these “boobs” were our heros (?) and those who were running against our heros were the boobs, I always wondered how Judy Nelson, a real bimbo, could get enough votes, she did very little during the campaign yet she won.

Karen Davis had an affair, a divorce and a bankruptcy, but what’s the dif, who cares, vote her in. The affair wasn't with another female as many thought but rather with a Glendora Police Officer instead.

Douglas Tessitor is on the verge of senility but he's still putters along as long as he doesn’t drool while in pubic view.

Gene Murbito I can understand, I think he has a connection with the Mafia, cross him and its all over. Wasn't there a height requirement posted, you must be this tall before you can ride this?

What are the good, honest voters of Glendora, California thinking of when they vote?

Location hidden

#199564 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
And still, not one rational argument against gay marriage. Come on folks, this forum has been around for almost 3 years, and still not one rational argument against gay marriage.
I have to chuckle when people on the news say stuff like "Changing the definition of marriage will change the definition of marriage." (Well, um, duh)
"This is the first time marriage has ever been redefined" (A lie) or "Every major religion is against it." (Even if true, it doesn't matter. If you are not a member of a religion, you shouldn't have to follow its dictates.)
Oh, they have wonderful arguments!! The first concerns procreation, which they readily admit is not mandated, yet they bring it up a lot. Not sure why. I think that they believe that gay people don't know that gay couples can't naturally procreate, so they think bringing it up hurts us somehow!!!!

Then they have that whole "polygamy" non argument. They keep trying to equate marriage with multiple marriages. Then when you don't comment on it, they just pretend they know your feelings on the matter and just yammer on. That one gets old very quickly.

The final argument seems to have something to do with "marital constraints" that only KiMare is aware of. I believe it ties into their belief that marriage has something to do with nature!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199565 Jul 2, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said it was?
Polygamy just isn't' the subject of this forum, dummy.
Would you like me to find a polygamy forum for you?
Polygamy is perfectly on topic in a discussion of marriage. Why do you attempt to censor it? Afraid of something?

Would you like me to find a censorship forum for you?

Location hidden

#199566 Jul 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What, you don't want to take responsibility for the can of worms dumbing down marriage opened up???
LOL!!!! Not one lawyer defending Prop 8 was able to state one negative affect on society that gays being married would result in. But old KiMare here is apparently aware of a whole "can of worms"!!!

Please KiMare, do detail for us all the specific bad things that are going to occur as a result of gays marrying!!!! Give us the top 10!!!!!

Stupid bitch!! Smile!!
laughing elections

Monrovia, CA

#199567 Jul 2, 2013
When our city council (Glendora) was up for election these “boobs” were our heros (?) and those who were running against our heros were the boobs, I always wondered how Judy Nelson, a real bimbo, could get enough votes, she did very little during the campaign yet she won.

Karen Davis had an affair, a divorce and a bankruptcy, but what’s the dif, who cares, vote her in. The affair wasn't with another female as many thought but rather with a Glendora Police Officer instead, you remember the cop who suddenly left and after the dust cleared returned to the GPD.

Douglas Tessitor is on the verge of senility but he's still putters along as long as he doesn’t drool while in pubic view. The doctors keep him well supplied with pills and drugs, many can't wait for the next public viewing of his comedy antics.

Gene Murabito I can understand, I think he has a connection with the Mafia, cross him and its all over. Wasn't there a height requirement posted, you must be this tall before you can ride this?

What are the good, honest voters of Glendora, California thinking of when they vote?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199568 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume they're all FDLS. Polygamy is also practiced by Muslim immigrants, not to mention some Asian groups.
Yes. But they only see what they want to see. It's also practiced by some homosexuals. And, hold onto your hat, some atheists!

Isn't it funny when the people of tolerance and diversity argue against equal rights? They are very poor at it. They use very lame arguments like we shouldn't allow it because religious people do it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199569 Jul 2, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
To the far righters....the point is with each passing day week month and year same sex marriage gains more and more support and is closer to being legal in all states...It will happen and you can stomp your feet but progress always goes forward. AND HATE AND BIGOTRY ALWAYS LOSE.
That's right! The hateful bigoted laws against polygamy will soon be gone.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199570 Jul 2, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Try sticking your thumb up it and blow your ears out, you don't listen to anything anyway.
Didn't work for you.
Move Over

Monrovia, CA

#199571 Jul 2, 2013
When our city council (Glendora) was up for election these “boobs” were our heros (?) and those who were running against our hero's were the boobs.

I always wondered how Judy Nelson, a real bimbo, could get enough votes, she did very little during the campaign yet she won. Judy was taking crash courses on city politics and practices from Chris Jeffers during working time periods in city hall, talk about wasting tax pays money, on her. She had been hand picked by the (dark shadow people) pulling the political strings in Glendora, California.

Karen Davis had an affair, a divorce and a bankruptcy, but what’s the dif, who cares, vote her in. The affair wasn't with another female as many thought but rather with a male Glendora Police Officer instead, you remember the cop who suddenly left and after the dust cleared returned to the GPD.

Douglas Tessitor is on the verge of senility but he's still putters along as long as he doesn’t drool while in pubic view. The doctors keep him well supplied with pills and drugs, many can't wait for the next public viewing of his comedy antics.

Gene Murabito I can understand, I think he has a connection with the Mafia, cross him and its all over. Wasn't there a height requirement posted, you must be this tall before you can ride this?

All the while these (3) so called freely elected fools are getting fat and ruining Glendora, California.

Location hidden

#199573 Jul 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not in any way 'married' like diverse gendered couples.
Ss couples violate the design of physical union.
Ss couples are still only ever a duplicate half of marriage.
Ss couples are mutually fruitless, a defect of mating behavior.
Ss couples infringe on the most distinct, unique and critical relationship of society. Imposing an imposter relationship by every measure of history and universal culture.
Your claim is laughable.
Polly wanna cracker?!!

Damn girl, you are some f*cked up!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199574 Jul 2, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, they have wonderful arguments!! The first concerns procreation, which they readily admit is not mandated, yet they bring it up a lot. Not sure why. I think that they believe that gay people don't know that gay couples can't naturally procreate, so they think bringing it up hurts us somehow!!!!
Then they have that whole "polygamy" non argument. They keep trying to equate marriage with multiple marriages. Then when you don't comment on it, they just pretend they know your feelings on the matter and just yammer on. That one gets old very quickly.
The final argument seems to have something to do with "marital constraints" that only KiMare is aware of. I believe it ties into their belief that marriage has something to do with nature!!!!
Why are you a hypocrite?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199575 Jul 2, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!! Not one lawyer defending Prop 8 was able to state one negative affect on society that gays being married would result in. But old KiMare here is apparently aware of a whole "can of worms"!!!
Please KiMare, do detail for us all the specific bad things that are going to occur as a result of gays marrying!!!! Give us the top 10!!!!!
Stupid bitch!! Smile!!
Give us the top ten bad things that will happen to you if polygamy is allowed.

Stupid B!tch. Chuckle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr go away 5,007
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 12 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Aug 24 jram1970 88
Recent reports of bodies found/murders in Orovi... Aug 19 Justsaying 1
Review: VALLEY HOME CENTERS Aug 16 Scott Alexander 1
Review: Oroville Tacos Aug 9 Steve M 1
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••