Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,601)

Showing posts 172,001 - 172,020 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 13

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I appreciate that. The world would be a better place if more people thought that way and allowed people to live their lives as they see fit, as long as they're not harming others. Take care.
Thank u my frend, u take good care

Since: Jun 13

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was already voted on. You must have missed it. Are you a U.S. citizen?
Im going make a re-vote for me they trying voted without me Im make my own vote and if u voting no on gay marriage Im going arrange gay marriage for u and yore whole familee, there u hearing that one who going still vote no?
xolo

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, a cure should not be pursued.
Imagine someone finding a cure for left-handedness. Or someone finding a cure for being a red-head. Should they be implemented?
Gay people are capable of living a full, happy, healthy, productive life. We do not require any special accommodations in order to exist.
We are not defective and, therefore, should not be the subject of a cure.
Heterosexuals who wish to eliminate homosexuals because it offends their religious belief system are no better than those who have practiced genocide.
It's better that scientists should work on regeneration of lost limbs and other serious disabilities than focusing on people who function just fine without assistance.
By the way, Pietro, do you believe the world would be a better place without homosexuals? Should we be removed from the planet?
Well said. And for those who like facts, homosexuality is not categorized any type of mental disorder, per the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual), which is the standard reference for diagnosing mental disorders. There is nothing to fix or cure. For some reason that evades me, some people in the world can't grasp this and see anyone who is different than their version of "mainstream" has some type of defect.
xolo

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope that includes polygamists.
Doesn't matter to me. As long as everyone is adult and is truly consenting.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that scientists are looking for a cause for homosexuality because it is a sexual defect.
"Defects" require a cure or elimination.
Check and mate...
First you claimed defects prevent a happy life (one of your lies),

Now you claim they 'require' a cure or elimination. If defects require anything, it is facing the reality of them honestly and fearlessly. Something most homosexuals fail to do. Hence a life built on denial of a defect that has no cure or elimination.

The above paragraph is a synopsis of what I say about homosexuality on here.

Once again, please post where I have promoted the elimination of homosexuals.

Why are you afraid to admit your defect? Instead, you pretend and try to force others to call duplicate genders the same as diverse genders. You throw children off the bus without a thought. You extol gay 'pride' parades as expressions of normalcy, and are embarrassed when pictures expose their depravity. You deny the Bible and science. You abdicate your character with constant lies and childish arguments. The list goes on.

What are you afraid of?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Are there any others? The only sure way to stop homosexuality is to eliminate homosexuals. You can ask homosexuals to be celibate, but you and I both know that's not going to happen.
Kimare has advocated a "cure" for the "cause" of homosexuality. He claims that he knows the cause--some made up nonsense about "epi-marker mistakes". Now he just has to find a scientist who is interested in finding a cure for his made-up disorder.
There is no doubt in anyone's mind that Kimare wants homosexuals eliminated from the planet.
He won't come right out and say so, but simple logic tells you that's what he's advocating.
The man is a monster of the worst kind. He's two degrees of separation from Hitler. He has an ideal world in mind, which is free of homosexuals.
He claims that it's "slander" (LOL) to say this about him. Maybe he can't stand the fact that he's been painted into a corner. Maybe he can't deal with the cognitive dissonance with being a "so-called Christian" while at the same time he wants to see an entire group of people eliminated from the planet.
Who knows why he won't answer the question.
I'll put the question to you, Riccardo... Do you want to see the world rid of homosexuals?
It's a very simple question. It only requires a "yes" or "no" answer.
As noted when I posted the articles about epi-marker mistakes, it is possible a cure would follow. I then noted that the salvation of homosexuals would be (of all people!) Christians who refuse to abort.

I gave an example of what I said, better than a 'yes or no'. Does that sound like I want homosexuals eliminated?

Do you have an example of where I said otherwise troll.

Additionally, my main focus is on pointing out the distinctions between ss couples and marriage, one being the difference between violent anal assaults and normal healthy intercourse.

For that, you slander and malign. You clearly are not 'two degrees' from Hitler.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to cure. Homosexuality is not a mental defect. If it was it would be classified as such in the DSM IV or the more recent DSM V. It is not. It is not a physical defect. I have all my parts and they all work just fine :) The only issue is that certain people happen to not like who or what I am. They need to deal with their issue.
If you don't know the cause, you can't claim it is not.

What they do know is that homosexuality is a defective failure of mating behavior. Literally at the roots of evolutions purpose.

Moreover, transsexuals freely admit the wrong body is on their brain.

If you were confident in your condition, you would not be on here. What is the worst that could happen if you admitted the defect? I have, and the honesty has benefited my life over and over.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Earlier today I was labeled "defective" by a poster on this forum, because I am gay. That made me part of the larger topic. I'm sorry you don't like that.
I said homosexuality is a defective orientation. It is.

That is not who you are.

When you understand that, your life will start.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I appreciate that. The world would be a better place if more people thought that way and allowed people to live their lives as they see fit, as long as they're not harming others. Take care.
Do you understand that he was saying in Iran, where he lives, you would be stoned?

And you thanked him???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine someone finding a cure for left-handedness. Or someone finding a cure for being a red-head. Should they be implemented?
Gay people are capable of living a full, happy, healthy, productive life. We do not require any special accommodations in order to exist.
Heterosexuals who wish to eliminate homosexuals because it offends their religious belief system are no better than those who have practiced genocide.
It's better that scientists should work on regeneration of lost limbs and other serious disabilities than focusing on people who function just fine without assistance.
By the way, Pietro, do you believe the world would be a better place without homosexuals? Should we be removed from the planet?
Early on you told me no one would ever choose homosexuality.

Now you choose it?

Do you speak for all homosexuals?

What if some want children? A real marriage and family?

Once again, your denial leads you way down the stupidity dead-end.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Mahmoud Abdullah wrote:
<quoted text>
Im going make a re-vote for me they trying voted without me Im make my own vote and if u voting no on gay marriage Im going arrange gay marriage for u and yore whole familee, there u hearing that one who going still vote no?
That would justify killing all the infidels in America, right Ishmael?
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

I believe that homosexuality is inherited.
I believe that the desire to have children is also inherited. The two inherited situations can exist together. Being born 'gay' does not eliminate the desire to have children.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Regarding Prop 8, IN LESS THAN ONE HOUR, there's a good possibility that we shall know what SCOTUS thinks about it.

And while security around SCOTUS decisions seems to be absolute, the latest I have read and heard is that SCOTUS will PROBABLY say that the Prop 8 case was "improvidently granted, thus rendering a "non-decision" on the case, and returning the case back to Cali, where presumably, the previous decision would stand and make equal marriage rights once again legal in Cali.

Let's hope tho, that SCOTUS decides to render a more sweeping opinion in our favor.

We shall know in less than one hour.......

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are one of the biggest trolls, just trying to stir up trouble.
All you do is judge others here, you are the troll, if that even matters.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. And for those who like facts, homosexuality is not categorized any type of mental disorder, per the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual), which is the standard reference for diagnosing mental disorders. There is nothing to fix or cure. For some reason that evades me, some people in the world can't grasp this and see anyone who is different than their version of "mainstream" has some type of defect.
Then why you so worried bro?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Early on you told me no one would ever choose homosexuality.
Now you choose it?
Do you speak for all homosexuals?
What if some want children? A real marriage and family?
Once again, your denial leads you way down the stupidity dead-end.
Well said, plus there already is a cure, it's called Surgery. Ask Chas Bono who went from Lesbian to straight and her Girlfriend went from Lesbian to straight as the result of Bono's surgery.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the honesty.
I'm not sure if they're in the same category.
Gay people are capable of living a full, happy, healthy, productive life.
As is anyone. Yet are there not gay people who would welcome a "cure"?
We do not require any special accommodations in order to exist.
Uh oh....Big Red...I don't think you thought that line through.....what are we debating here?
If there are homosexuals who want, or even sought such a "cure", then what?
Scientists work on ways to "cure" baldness....is that acceptable?
There are no homosexuals, only heterosexuals, and the heterosexually challenged/impaired.:).

Relax Big Red...you just haven't been the same ever since "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" went off the air.
spiffy

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

June 2013

Now Glendora, California Police Chief "Robert Castro" has been implicated/named in another Federal Lawsuit.

How stupid of them to try that old time B.S. comes directly from the city manager and city council and of course the city attorney is in hip deep already.

When will the city of Glendora, California learn this isn't the "OLD SOUTH" and it's way past 1800's.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
First you claimed defects prevent a happy life (one of your lies),
Now you claim they 'require' a cure or elimination. If defects require anything, it is facing the reality of them honestly and fearlessly. Something most homosexuals fail to do. Hence a life built on denial of a defect that has no cure or elimination.
The above paragraph is a synopsis of what I say about homosexuality on here.
Once again, please post where I have promoted the elimination of homosexuals.
Why are you afraid to admit your defect? Instead, you pretend and try to force others to call duplicate genders the same as diverse genders. You throw children off the bus without a thought. You extol gay 'pride' parades as expressions of normalcy, and are embarrassed when pictures expose their depravity. You deny the Bible and science. You abdicate your character with constant lies and childish arguments. The list goes on.
What are you afraid of?
--See how you lie through omission? I never claimed that defects prevent a happy life. I said that gays cannot be defective because we live a happy, fulfilling, AND productive life. I also added (on a later post) that gays do not require any kind of device to help us live such a life.
Try not to ensnare yourself in the future.

--I have not claimed that defects require a cure or elimination. You are the one who has consistently said that homosexuality represents a sexual defect; one that is related to "epi-marker mistakes". You said that this "defect" is the primary reason scientists are working to find the cause of homosexuality. And now that they've zeroed in on the "epi-marker mistake" issue, they are close to a cure.
I simply deduced from your comment that you are hopeful that scientists will discover a cure for the "sexual defect" of homosexuality.

--I am not afraid to admit anything. I am genetically predisposed to having high cholesterol. I have to wear reading glasses to work crossword puzzles and read fine print. My joints pop and crack if I sit in one place too long.
But being gay IS NOT a defect. It never interfered with my life. Confronting homophobia and homophobes (for lack of better words) HAS been a problem. But I've never had to call into work and say, "I'm too gay to come to work today. I'll get a note from the doctor." I've never had to find a "Gays only" parking spot outside of Wal-Mart. Being gay has never required me to walk with a cane or a walker. I've never needed a seeing-gay-eye-dog in order to maneuver the grocery store.
Being gay has not impacted my life in any way. Therefore, it is not a defect.

--I'm not embarrassed by photos of Gay Pride Parades. It pisses me off when news channels and other media outlets RUSH to post photos of naked men at pride parades--leading people to believe that we're all interested in one thing.
It's like women who hate that various media continuously imply that they're not beautiful unless they're 5'10 and weigh 110 lbs.
It's like the African American community hates when media will look for and find the most inarticulate person in a crowd to interview and describe what took place after a news-worthy event.
These are not examples of embarrassment. These are examples of detesting stereotypes.

--I DO have concerns when it comes to mankind's reliance on scripture. To go to it over and over, instead of asking God directly, instead of relying on faith... That concerns me. As I've said many times before, I believe man thinks of the Books of the Bible as a rule book for life. And I don't think that was God's intention.

--Never questioned science... Never have... Rather, I constantly question YOUR interpretation of scientific findings. You are quick to leap to conclusions based on a THEORY that has been presented by a scientist.

----------

If you're going to accuse me of certain acts and beliefs, you need to make sure you've got it right.

And finally, answer the question...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the honesty.
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if they're in the same category.
<quoted text>
As is anyone. Yet are there not gay people who would welcome a "cure"?
<quoted text>
Uh oh....Big Red...I don't think you thought that line through.....what are we debating here?
<quoted text>
If there are homosexuals who want, or even sought such a "cure", then what?
<quoted text>
Scientists work on ways to "cure" baldness....is that acceptable?
<quoted text>
There are no homosexuals, only heterosexuals, and the heterosexually challenged/impaired.:).
Relax Big Red...you just haven't been the same ever since "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" went off the air.
--Of course they're in the same category. Being gay is morally neutral. It's not wrong to be gay and more than it's wrong to be a redhead or left handed. I use these specific examples because there are instances throughout history where redheads and those who used their left-hand were thought of as evil; even forced to leave their families and villages.
Obviously, we've come a long way from believing in this kind of mythology. I believe it's only a matter of time before gays are seen in the same light.

--Those gay people who want to be "cured" base their desires on religious dogma and societal pressure. So, it's like the answer above.
Remove the mythology that claims gays are evil. Remove the societal pressure that tells gays that they should be straight. And then gay people will no longer wish to change.

--We are not asking for special accommodations. We are asking for what we believe SHOULD be our rights. We believe these rights have been overlooked since the foundation of this country. We are righting a wrong. That's totally different than asking for extra or special accommodations.

--Curing baldness has to do with vanity. No doctor sees a patient and says, "Mr. Jones, I'm worried about your baldness. I'm writing you a prescription for Minoxidil. If you haven't seen vast improvement in 6 months, we're going to have to treat this surgically. I can schedule you for hair transplant surgery if we determine you need it. In the meantime, go to Walgreens with this prescription for a toupee."

--So, by denying homosexuality (and I realize you say this somewhat tongue in cheek), and calling us "heterosexually challenged", you're saying that the world would be a better place if gays were cured?

--I never watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I found it to be vapid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 172,001 - 172,020 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Oroville Forum right now

Search the Oroville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 35 min Activity 15,657
Review: Sierra Valley Furniture Wed Exactly What I Wanted 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Tue Bag itts 4,551
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Tue lug heads 7,298
Abuse of authority (Mar '07) Apr 14 Maltamon 13
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Letter: Am I that guy? (Sep '10) Mar 26 Jerrylee 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••