Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197620 Jun 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Early on you told me no one would ever choose homosexuality.
Now you choose it?
Do you speak for all homosexuals?
What if some want children? A real marriage and family?
Once again, your denial leads you way down the stupidity dead-end.
I told you that no one would ever choose homosexuality given the violent and hate-filled environment in which the vast majority of gay kids, teens, and adults live.

Many of us have grown to live our lives openly IN SPITE OF the negative environment in which some of us live. In many cases, we have had to move to urban locations where we are more accepted, where there is strength in numbers.

Gays can have children. Many adopt. Many use medical means to have a child of their own. And many gays in various states can have a "real" marriage.

Your unwillingness to accept that gays are not defective, that gays should have the same rights as everyone else, and that it's simply NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS as to how we live our lives, is what continues to plague you. It's what gnaws at you. It's what drives you to this forum many times a day.

You have claimed in the past that you are not gay--not bisexual. But I'll say it again... I've NEVER seen a straight man so "well informed" about gay male sex and homosexuality in general. Your hard drive must be filled with past links to homosexual sites.

Hell hath no fury like a closeted homosexual. They are the most duplicitous kind of homosexual. Men who have been closeted for decades will admit this when they finally come clean and own up to their own real attractions.

I don't bring this up to insult or "slander" (LOL) you. I bring it up because I've never fully understood your obvious bitterness towards gays.

I have a reason to be here. Namely, I want to see that rights and protections are afforded to the LGBT community.

I still don't understand why you are here. You've got a family. You've had children. You've lived the life you want. Homosexuality hasn't impacted you in the least.

And yet you come back, day after day, week after week, year after year.

You focus on a cause and a cure. Is that a cure for yourself? Is it a cure for someone close to you?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#197621 Jun 24, 2013
Remember: Every 1000 posts, No matter the topic: Hitler is mentioned.

Knoxville, TN

#197622 Jun 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I said homosexuality is a defective orientation. It is.
That is not who you are.
When you understand that, your life will start.
Here again, you claim that homosexuality is a defective orientation; even though hundreds of thousands of scientists, psychologists, psychiatrists, pediatricians, etc. have determined that it is not.

People who have researched the issue--people much smarter than you--people who have dedicated their lives to understanding what is and what is not an illness have determined that homosexuality is not a disorder.

Yet, you come here--a former preacher--and arrogantly admit that you know better.

When YOU understand that homosexuality is not a disorder, then YOUR life will begin. You won't feel the nagging need to "change" something that does not need to be changed.

Imagine the freedom...
spiffy

Monrovia, CA

#197623 Jun 24, 2013
Now Glendora, California Police Chief "Robert Castro" has been implicated/named in another Federal Lawsuit.

When will the city of Glendora, California learn this isn't the "OLD SOUTH" and it's way past 1800's.

More lawsuits are coming to a well deserved city council and city manager not with standing the Chief of police Robert Castro is named also!

June 2013

Knoxville, TN

#197624 Jun 24, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Remember: Every 1000 posts, No matter the topic: Hitler is mentioned.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it..." George Santayana

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#197625 Jun 24, 2013
Luke 17:28-30 (NKJV)
28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: 30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

The rise of the Sodomites.

Genesis 19:24 (NKJV)
24 Then the LORD rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the LORD out of the heavens.

Luke 17:29 (NKJV)
29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
Brucie the gay parrot

UK

#197627 Jun 24, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it..." George Santayana
in the closet

in the closet

SQUAWWWWKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

Elk Grove, CA

#197629 Jun 24, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice phrase but: History is constantly repeated.
spiffy

Monrovia, CA

#197634 Jun 24, 2013
June 2013

Now Glendora, California Police Chief "Robert Castro" has been implicated/named in another Federal Lawsuit.

How stupid of them to try that old time B.S. comes directly from the city manager and city council and of course the city attorney is in hip deep already.

When will the city of Glendora, California learn this isn't the "OLD SOUTH" and it's way past 1800's.

The real question is "why are they so stupid and racists"?

Since: Jun 13

Sacramento, CA

#197635 Jun 24, 2013
While I think this is absolutely fantastic, Walker is only one judge and we need SCOTUS. ..Which has unfortunately pushed us off until next term.

Elk Grove, CA

#197637 Jun 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Sure is peaceful without that jackass Big D calling everyone liars, threatening to fight them and all his other nonsense.
No kidding and that insecure Long Beach fool. The only poster from Long Beach should be Ronald.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#197638 Jun 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than that, I'm a monster mutation too!
I help professionals professionally.
I help idiots on here.
Thanks for the laugh. That's the funniest thing I've read in weeks.

Still married here. Your ramblings have no legal bearing on that. See how important your opinions are?

Since: Jun 13

Sacramento, CA

#197641 Jun 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand that he was saying in Iran, where he lives, you would be stoned?
And you thanked him???

Of course he thank me Im agreeing with him no? And yes I tell him not move Iran...maybe u need move Iran then u can be around other peeple who are think just like u are Im not one who will do that u seem exactly like the one who will do that.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#197643 Jun 24, 2013
Damn you are one stupid plebe.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go with your 'confusion' excuse again...
First you could make no sense of the essence I'd marriage, then it was an 'opinion', then a 'term paper', and now it's a 'theory'. Just like evolution, right?
No, marriage is nothing like evolution. One is an institution, the other is a scientifically proven process that occurs in nature and it's origins are theorized. Some one please take the stupid pills away from the angry old lady.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
As to essence, that is exactly how I used it to prove SS couples do not equate to marriage.
Who is comparing same sex couples to marriage? Oh, that's right, No one. No one has ever stated that all same sex couples are the same as marriage. People enter into marriage you ridiculous sow. It's an institution, not a comparative.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who portrayed it as exclusionary to other elements I'd marriage.
If only your drunken rants made some sense.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But here is still the bottom line : The basic essence of marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
No, here's the bottom line. There is NO evolutionary mating behavior constraint to the institution of marriage. Never has been, never will be. Your "constraint" is totally imaginary. Not one couple, straight or gay, is denied marriage should they be incapable of honoring your imaginary "constraint", nor has one couple been denied marriage should they CHOOSE not to honor yhour imaginary "constraint". Your "constraint" doesn't exist.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
1) Gays are capable of mating just fine.
2) Just for the sake of argument, so what if our mating behavior was defective? So the f*ck what plebe? The institution of marriage doesn't have a mating behavior requirement. Never has, never will. But please dear, don't let facts get in the way of your obsession over procreation, which of course, has NOTHING to do with this string. Your fundie-twirling is hilarious.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly not equal to marriage.
Yes, clearly mating behaviors are not equal to marriage. Especially given that one has nothing to do with the other. Ding, ding, ding. The old bitty finally got something right!
laughing man

UK

#197644 Jun 24, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
And your kind wonders why I call you "Caligula"????

Location hidden

#197645 Jun 24, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical gay response. I gave you a perfectly good and accurate explanation. If you are too dumb to see it then FK U.
No, you didn't. You stated that your taxes were affected by gays being married. That is neither accurate nor perfectly good. It's an outright falsehood.

Feel free to try again Penguin Boy.

Location hidden

#197647 Jun 24, 2013
KiMare wrote:
The bottom line, this isn't my opinion, it's simple science;
At the most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
I see. So "cultural constraints" are "scientific" in your mind!! LOL What a moron.

Oh, and bottom line dear, there are no mating behavior constraints in the institution of marriage. Never will be. Your "constraints" don't exist. Should you disagree, please fee free to present the room with the state or federal documentation that establishes your "constraint".

waiting.....

waiting.....

waiting.....
KiMare wrote:
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
No, as noted previously we are fully capable of mating.

Here's a clue for you plebe.... mating doesn't require procreation. Try buying a dictionary.

Location hidden

#197648 Jun 24, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if some over zealous rainbow flag wavers cringe at the notion they were created by coitus. Must drive some of them crazy.
Can someone pass the village idiot of the week award from Brian_G to Pietro? Thanks. He's earned it.

Location hidden

#197650 Jun 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We find you to be vapid.
Oh look! Frankie got himself one of those Word of the Day calendars. Good for you Frankie.

Location hidden

#197651 Jun 24, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Registered users = jackasses.
Hear that KiMare? Frankie thinks your a jackass!! But then, most everyone does. I'm sure that's not news to you, Ms. Sowing Discontent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr do it here 16,011
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Review: Oroville Tacos Sep 25 MarmotaCaligata 3
Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Sep 23 RYGAR530 14
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
beating Sep 4 psychomike 1

Oroville Jobs

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]