Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Campers

Covina, CA

#193939 May 31, 2013
The scouts could be a breeding ground for racism and other NON American ideals.

A father of a Cub Scout sat his son on his lap late last week and told him news that tore up both their hearts: The family was leaving the Boy Scouts.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193940 May 31, 2013
Too lose wrote:
Just because the owners of Chick-fil-A's are backwards and live in a mental deficient world.
Staying away from locations like this and Papas Johns might be a good thing to do, it might be catching.
They have serious mental problem to over come, poverty will help them a lot.
Chik-fil-A 's owners couldn't have paid for the free advertising they got out of the controversy. You wouldn't be posting about them now for example.

They are "backwards" like a fox. And you are mentally deficient for falling for it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193941 May 31, 2013
A very refreshing morning! Big D hasn't called me stupid yet today. I feel a bit neglected.

I'm sure he'll be along soon, spewing venom.

YUK!YUK!YUK!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#193942 May 31, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Rome fell soon after becoming a Christian nation
Isnít that easy?
Never thought of it that way.

I always find it humorous when Kimare (or anyone) suggests that there is one single reason that a nation falls. Not even Sodom or Gomorrah fell because of one single thing (based solely on Biblical accounts). Let's not forget that the two cities were sitting near major earthquake fault lines. And back in the time when the stories were written about the two cities, earthquakes and volcanoes were seen as supernatural events--not natural disasters.

Earthquakes hit San Francisco and L.A. pretty hard in the past. Many claimed that it was God's punishment for being such sinful cities. But they remain.

And those same people who claim that God punishes large numbers of people by using supernatural events, never seem to make that connection when a "non-evil" town is wiped off the face of the earth by a tornado or hurricane.

Knoxville, TN

#193943 May 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
A very refreshing morning! Big D hasn't called me stupid yet today. I feel a bit neglected.
I'm sure he'll be along soon, spewing venom.
YUK!YUK!YUK!
Perhaps he doesn't feel the need to call you "stupid" anymore.

Maybe he figures that your posts are enough evidence for all of us to reach that conclusion.

Knoxville, TN

#193944 May 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's gonna be because of Obama.
So, Bush's wars that have killed millions of people--pissed off people around the world--won't contribute to the nation's demise at all?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#193945 May 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) Yes, I am claiming that SSM is a fundamental right, but plural marriage is not. I don't think I can be any clearer on this issue.
If nothing else, you're consistent.
2.) It might SEEM hypocritical for me to support SSM but not polygamy, but then again, I don't care how I SEEM to you. These are my personal beliefs. You are free to disagree all you want.
I do, and u are. Arguing that marriage is a fundamental right, essentially the legal recognition of it by the state, and claiming that SSM, a virtual modern western invention, is part of that right, but, polygamy, a valid form of marriage around the globe and across time, is not, is absurdly hypocritical.
3.) As to your last three questions; no, no, and no.
Exactly. So legally, your right to marry, as marriage is defined by state, is the same as any other man.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#193947 May 31, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because this is the land of the free, and we will see equality and justice from one end of it to the other.
200 major businesses have petitioned the supreme court calling the overturn of Prop 8 a business imperative, they are having difficulty moving the best employees from state to state deepening on the laws in that state with respect to their employees marriages and benefits.
This will happen, you can sit back and enjoy the ride.
It will take some time, but it will happen.
You did NOT answer the quetion. Like always your cult avoids answering valid questions because they don't have logical answers. So far I am enjoying the ride and the time it is taking. It's obviouse there are some serious reasons and questions the Feds are dealing with. You and your BF should get off the pot and go get married, that is if your really want to get married haha ...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#193948 May 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? So every society that is currently supporting LGBT rights is going to fail? That means just about every single first-world nation is going to fail.
I've got news for you, Bub. If our nation fails, it's not going to be because of homosexuality. It's going to be because we're pissing off the rest of the world by using them for cheap and dangerous labor. It's going to be because of our dependence on oil. It's going to be because of financial issues.
I'd LOVE to see your pseudoscientific proof that every society that has embraced homosexuality has failed. Go for it...
Do you see what is going on in Europe right now?

Imagine homosexuality under Islam.

The US is not far behind (pun intended).

You offer gay kids only one choice.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#193949 May 31, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
We did. Many of us do. However, just like anyone else, we want to live in particular states for particular reasons - either we grew up there, we have family there, or we prefer the climate there or were offered a job there.
I grew up in NJ. I moved to FL when I was 26 because I didn't like winter and had some cousins who lived here.
Eventually I met my husband here. We got married in NJ because I have some family members who don't fly (never been on an airplane in their lives.) NJ considered it a "civil union" at the time, even though we got married. But the only other state at that time that recognized gay marriage was Massachusetts.
Why would we want to move to Massachusetts? We had no friends, family, or job there - and it's cold. So while we may gain legal recognition of our marriage (only at the state level) we would lose a whole lot.
The following summer, when gay marriages were being legally recognized in California (and they didn't have a residency requirement as Massachusetts did at the time) we flew out there and got married. Don't think it didn't cross my mind to move there. As much as I am "east coast" and noticed the difference between the coasts when I spent considerable time in California in prior years - at least it was warm. But my husband did not want to leave Florida because his Dad is still here, and he did not want to leave his Dad.
Ultimately, down the road, when his Dad is no longer with us, might we move to California? It's a consideration, but now we own a home here and have put a lot of work into it. I also own a business here that may not be so easy to relocate. And who wants to go to all that trouble? We're very happy here, and have no desire to leave, all things being equal.
But they're not equal. And he has had type I diabetes since he was 10 years old. We know there will be complications. So if it becomes burdensome to live in a state that doesn't recognize our marriage, we may have to move at some point, even though we don't particularly care to.
A better idea is to work to change the laws in our state and at the Federal level. And we are just itching to sue the state of Florida to recognize our California marriage - especially depending on how the SCOTUS rules at the end of June.
WOW !!! thank you. You are the FIRST homo to give a logical explanation to my question that I have been asking for years. I totally understand and respect your decision. First off it sounds like you married a daddys boy, second: tying to run a business in California would be a major mistake, because your husband has diabetes will make most insurances think twice before makig a decision to put him on your policy, this is what I think is just one of the the hurdles you homos will face among others, good luck!
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#193951 May 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If a man can marry a man why can't he marry two men?
You smartass jackAss. If you want two husbands go for it if you can afford it! you are a real loser Rizzoto boy ... lol
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193952 May 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps he doesn't feel the need to call you "stupid" anymore.
Maybe he figures that your posts are enough evidence for all of us to reach that conclusion.
You might hate me, but you're lying and so is Big D when you call me stupid.

Confuse hate with stupidity at your peril.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193953 May 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Never thought of it that way.
I always find it humorous when Kimare (or anyone) suggests that there is one single reason that a nation falls. Not even Sodom or Gomorrah fell because of one single thing (based solely on Biblical accounts). Let's not forget that the two cities were sitting near major earthquake fault lines. And back in the time when the stories were written about the two cities, earthquakes and volcanoes were seen as supernatural events--not natural disasters.
Earthquakes hit San Francisco and L.A. pretty hard in the past. Many claimed that it was God's punishment for being such sinful cities. But they remain.
And those same people who claim that God punishes large numbers of people by using supernatural events, never seem to make that connection when a "non-evil" town is wiped off the face of the earth by a tornado or hurricane.
I bet you find meaning if a Chik-fil-A is destroyed by natural forces though.

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#193954 May 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 discriminates against polygamy the same as it does against SSM. What don't you understand about A man and A woman? Does it say men? Does it say women? Always ask for help. Remember, there are no stupid posts, only stupid posters such as yourself.
If the other laws against polygamy were repealed but prop 8 was not, would polygamy be legal? No? What would be stopping it? Prop 8 would! Very good! See?
I'm not a tool in the shed and you are not smart.
Rizzoto boy, you are typical of the stupid poster. You are making a fool of yourself as usual. It is obvious you are a homo and want more than one husband , let the cult establisn on one husband at a time you moron. lol
J because

Covina, CA

#193955 May 31, 2013
Just because the owners of Chick-fil-A's are backwards and live in a mental deficient world.

Staying away from locations like this and Papas Johns might be a good thing to do, it might be catching.

They must have serious mental problem to over come, poverty will help them a lot.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193956 May 31, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Rizzoto boy, you are typical of the stupid poster. You are making a fool of yourself as usual. It is obvious you are a homo and want more than one husband , let the cult establisn on one husband at a time you moron. lol
Third class fool says what?

Relax spice boy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193957 May 31, 2013
J because wrote:
They must have serious mental problem to over come, poverty will help them a lot.
Chik-fil-A? What's that? Chicken? I think I'll go try it for lunch.

Papa John's? I'll try it too! Never have before.

Thanks!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193958 May 31, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You smartass jackAss. If you want two husbands go for it if you can afford it! you are a real loser Rizzoto boy ... lol
Third rate smartass jackass says what?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193959 May 31, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW !!! thank you. You are the FIRST homo to give a logical explanation to my question that I have been asking for years. I totally understand and respect your decision. First off it sounds like you married a daddys boy, second: tying to run a business in California would be a major mistake, because your husband has diabetes will make most insurances think twice before makig a decision to put him on your policy, this is what I think is just one of the the hurdles you homos will face among others, good luck!
Bruno gets excited and expresses his third rate dopey opinion.

Priceless!

Knoxville, TN

#193961 May 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
If nothing else, you're consistent.
<quoted text>
I do, and u are. Arguing that marriage is a fundamental right, essentially the legal recognition of it by the state, and claiming that SSM, a virtual modern western invention, is part of that right, but, polygamy, a valid form of marriage around the globe and across time, is not, is absurdly hypocritical.
<quoted text>
Exactly. So legally, your right to marry, as marriage is defined by state, is the same as any other man.
I will only say again that I doubt any straight person wants to marry someone who is gay. Why would you even suggest it? It's absolutely asinine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Oct 19 just cause 96
Marvin Markle (Mar '12) Oct 17 Happy 15
Review: Oroville Tacos Oct 1 Roy T 4
Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Sep 23 RYGAR530 14
beating Sep '14 psychomike 1
Council continues Walmart appeals (Dec '10) Sep '14 Andy 49
Recent reports of bodies found/murders in Orovi... Aug '14 Justsaying 1
Oroville Dating
Find my Match

Oroville Jobs

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info