Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#193994 May 31, 2013
Very Red this one's for you

http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com/

About This Blog
I argue for marriage equality. By that I mean that society and all local, state, federal, and international laws, institutions, and programs should recognize any marriage registered by any persons without restrictions on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or religion.

The global definition of marriage should be as follows: "The uniting of consenting individuals in a witnessed ceremony."

We believe everyone has the right to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with any and all consenting adult(s) of their choice, regardless of birth or sexual orientation.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#193995 May 31, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Very Red this one's for you
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com/
About This Blog
I argue for marriage equality. By that I mean that society and all local, state, federal, and international laws, institutions, and programs should recognize any marriage registered by any persons without restrictions on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or religion.
The global definition of marriage should be as follows: "The uniting of consenting individuals in a witnessed ceremony."
We believe everyone has the right to share love, sex, residence, and marriage with any and all consenting adult(s) of their choice, regardless of birth or sexual orientation.
Do you believe this or are you just twirling pasta?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193996 May 31, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe this or are you just twirling pasta?
I can't speak for Pietro but I believe that, and you've already said that you don't.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193997 May 31, 2013
FpizzoS wrote:
The T2 tard's are posting like crazy today!
Just because the owners of Chick-fil-A's are backwards and live in a mental deficient world.
Staying away from locations like this and Papas Johns might be a good thing to do, it might be catching.
They have serious mental problem to over come, poverty will help them a lot. FpizzoS to you too!
Chik-fil-A? What's that? Chicken place? I'll have to try it tomorrow I've been hearing a lot about it lately.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#193998 May 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) More ass obsession.
2.) There are gay Arabs--even gay Muslims.
3.) Re: Europe, I seem to remember a time in the American south when racists were outraged over racial integration and other equality laws.
1. I hate to see kids analized. You promote it.

2. Of course there are. You bet they keep it to themselves though.

3. Good point. Racists fought against integration in America. In Europe immigrants are fighting to impose their ways on the rest of the culture. The only 'equal' allowed is Islam. The Queen would be dethroned!

Location hidden

#193999 May 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
A lesbian is someone who is attracted to women only. That's why it's safe to assume that a lesbian would not want to have sex with a man.
A bisexual woman might be interested in marrying a man, if she developed a close, personal relationship with him.
I'm not sure why the "B" comes after "L" and "G". Not so long ago the community was referred to as "GLBT". But many believed that it was somewhat discriminatory to place the "G" before the "L". So, that's why you see it written this way.
I can't imagine a "mixed orientation marriage", although I know that they have occurred.
Many closeted gay people enter into marriages with someone of the opposite gender for a variety of reasons. Maybe they feel pressured by their family or community. Maybe they hope they'll change their attractions if they marry someone of the opposite gender.
There are those guys who marry a woman and then sneak out behind their wife's back to have sex with guys. I think it's referred to as being on the "down low".
And I'm sure there have been marriages between gay men and gay women--for show or to get insurance benefits or some other secondary gain.
Nevertheless, a mixed orientation marriage wouldn't likely be mutually satisfying.
I can't imagine being married to a woman. I've never been sexually attracted to women. And I think it would be a shitty thing to do to a woman--to marry her under false pretenses.
I'm confused by your logic again.

Why would a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???

Location hidden

#194000 May 31, 2013
Even more puzzling, why do you dress like a woman if you don't like them???
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#194001 May 31, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
How silly, you overestimate the impact you haters have on me (on anyone else). Seriously you old fool, Iím chuckling most of time Iím reading and responding to your ridiculous posts. I find it interesting how you and other haters spin your comments in a lame attempt to sound intelligent and garner attention.
Ho Ho Ho! Har har har! Ha Ha! Chuckle chuckle!

That's great hater. Have some fun. But remember! You are hater not I, you want marriage equality for yourself and you want to deny it to others.

Lewis Center, OH

#194002 May 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for Pietro but I believe that, and you've already said that you don't.
Iíve never said that, I simply donít care. Get it?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#194003 May 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm confused by your logic again.
Why would a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???
VV can't answer but he'll tell you in a 1000 word angry post anyway.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#194004 May 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bruno you third rate circus clown, always meaning to ask you, did you enjoy or resent the way Sasha Baron Cohen portrayed you in the movie?
Rizzoto boi says what?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#194005 May 31, 2013
Rizzoto boi is a dumb ass . . .lol

Lewis Center, OH

#194006 May 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ho Ho Ho! Har har har! Ha Ha! Chuckle chuckle!
That's great hater. Have some fun. But remember! You are hater not I, you want marriage equality for yourself and you want to deny it to others.
Nope, just want my right to marry. I donít condone or condemn others rights of marriage. If they want them, they can go get them.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#194007 May 31, 2013
Bruno wrote:
Rizzoto boi is a dumb ass ...lol
Adjust your meds or something today power trooper? Who rattled your straight jacket?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#194008 May 31, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, just want my right to marry. I donít condone or condemn others rights of marriage. If they want them, they can go get them.
What happened to your anti-poly schtick? You have toned it way down. Conscious get to you? See? Frankie is good for EQUALITY and anti-BIGOTRY.

I suppose you mean you won't lift a finger to support poly but all the while you'll continue to demand that we do for SSM.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#194009 May 31, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's not very equality like....isn't there enough room in the rainbow clubhouse for everyone?

Lewis Center, OH

#194010 May 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
VV can't answer but he'll tell you in a 1000 word angry post anyway.
Good night. I have to go. My husbandís home. Besides who would want to address such an inane and stereotypical question? You haters need to educate yourselves so you donít sound so ignorant

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#194011 May 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
When you want to make a tremendous social change like this, the burden is on you. Not us. Tell us why SSM is good, don't demand we tell you why it's not good. We're fine as it is. We don't have to do anything. You do.
I hope you understand this simple concept, but I doubt it.
Before you file hate crime charges and have a self righteous fit, I'm OK with SSM. I feel no need to tell you why. Same as people who are not OK with it should feel no need to tell you why.
Hope that helps!
Yeah, it helps. It helps me prove my point that nobody can come up with a rational argument against gay marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#194012 May 31, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes

Condemning the rights of others is what they do
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#194013 May 31, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Good night. I have to go. My husbandís home. Besides who would want to address such an inane and stereotypical question? You haters need to educate yourselves so you donít sound so ignorant
I accept your forfeiture due to getting your silly ass handed to you. Kiss hubby and forget you lost badly. It's just a silly topix thread.

Declare victory and move on!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Mon Barbara 100
marvin and beverly mcquarrie (Feb '14) May 22 Glenn Schoeneck 3
News SmartMeters being installed by PG&E in Butte Co... (May '10) May 21 Sigmund Freud 36
News Grand jury probed two Ridge officers (Mar '08) Apr 29 Concerned citizen 508
Review: Dennis Lucas Plumbing Repair (Oct '11) Apr 29 PB4YOU 2
News Rape suspect arrested by Oroville police (Jun '10) Apr '15 keepalowprofile 12
Review: Oroville Tacos (Aug '14) Mar '15 tamikajohnson1959 5
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]