Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
165,961 - 165,980 of 200,358 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am.
I'm sure you find that funny being very dishonest yourself but there are actually many of us.
It's no secret that most Americans are dumber than a box of rocks, and they think no one can see through their lies.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, time for breakfast. I think this morning I'll have the VV meltdown special.
Don't forget your Thorazine drip, wacko.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text> Don't forget your Thorazine drip, wacko.
Another substantive post from Miss Ad Hominem.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no secret that most Americans are dumber than a box of rocks, and they think no one can see through their lies.
And you are their poster girl.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be an excercise in futility to debate the Constitutionality of something woth someone who self admittedly is ignorant of the subject matter.
What do you base your opinion on?
I base my opinion on logic.

Heterosexual couples are legally allowed to marry. They make whatever promises to one another in front of groups of people or only to one another. This is a "ceremony"; an act that in the eyes of the law means nothing.

Homosexual couples can do the same thing. We have "commitment ceremonies" or other public/private exchanges of promises. They also, legally, mean nothing.

Heterosexual couples have the extra benefits and protections of legal marriage. These benefits and protections allow them to do any number of things--take FMLA, receive spousal Medicare or Social Security benefits, obtain base housing in the military, inheritance protection; the list goes on.

Gay couples pay into the same systems that straight couples pay into. They get the benefits, we do not.

Even straight couples who enter into "sham marriages" are able to get these benefits.

Every accepted scientific, medical, and legal collective,(ABA, AMA, APA, NASW, etc.) is in support of same-sex marriage. They all recognize that same-sex partnerships, at their foundation, are equal to opposite-sex partnerships.

There is NO REASON why same-sex couples should be denied the exact same benefits and protections that legally married heterosexual couples have.
Frankie Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

armand wrote:
Hi I'm 20 years old I'm cool masculin hmm searching for mature or dad hmmm can contact me 25cf6822 or 02197988154 come on meet me or if u can married me
Look me up in the Union City rough-trade/twink site. Its on-line and discreet.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, time for breakfast. I think this morning I'll have the VV meltdown special.
Dear, if you think of this as a meltdown, then you have truly led a sheltered life.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is up to the Supreme Court and has been since 1803 :)
The funny part is it is the opponents of Same Sex marriage the pushed the issue to the supreme courts, as all courts that have reviewed the case below them have already ruled that Prop 8 should fall.
The unequal treatment of same sex couples will end
Only 2 ways to do that
Nullify the 18,000 legally married same sex couples that now already exist and are recognized in California ( not going to happen, can you imagine the lawsuits if they did that )
Or uphold the overturn of Prop 8 as the lower courts have already done, making all same sex couples equal in the state of California
Your opponents are expecting the latter... and they should, it is the obvious solution to the issue.
Excellent post!
Chaz Bono

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not it.
Because it's ugly.
No, it isn't. You are a stupid troll, FR.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, if you think of this as a meltdown, then you have truly led a sheltered life.
Yes. It was a meltdown. And no, my life was not sheltered like yours.
Seymour Duck

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Anyone gonna SK8 DA POOL DIS WEEKEND? FIRST SESSION FRIDAY NIGHT.(Pool party Beer band lights)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Big D must have a big cleanup on aisle 5 or something, he's not pontificating down to us this morning as he usually does.

Maybe a special Super D job! Mopping up a spill for truth, justice and the Walmart way!
AZPX

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Oh yea ill bring some BIRD & DOOF.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Chaz Bono wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't. You are a stupid troll, FR.
The real Chaz Bono is a decent person. You are not.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post!
Thanks, it always surprises me that folks don’t understand the actual equal rights issue, It isnt the recognitiion of same sex marrage, California already does, It recognizes same sex marrages preformed in other states and it recognizes 18,000 same sex marrages that have already occurred in the state of Califronia.

A large part of the equal rights issue has to do with why some same sex couples are being treated differently than other same sex couples, depending on when they got married.

Recognition of same sex marrage is not even on the agenda… that is already a fact both before and after Prop 8. There are 18,000 in California, there are over 120,000 nationwide.

After DOMA section 3 falls ( just about everyone agrees that will fall ) you can add federal recognition of same sex marrage.

Recognition of same sex marrage isnt the issue, it already is recognized, the issue is equal treatment, now both sides are trying to streach the issue, those supporting prop 8 want to extend the issue to recognition issues, and those opposed to prop 8 want to extend the issue to states other than california.

But the actual issue ( which is the only thing I expect them to actualy rule on ) is simpler. It is the issue that same sex marrage alrady exists in California, but new same sex couples don’t have the same rights.

We already know which way that will rule

They may chicken out… just toss the issue back to the state, but that is the same as overturning it, which the state judicial systme has alrady done and upheld by the highest corut in the state.
Officer Baker Supporter

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Gay Marriage is our modern day Civil Rights movement.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Let's take a refreshing break from Big D's angry ranting and raving!

Here's a little anecdote I wrote on a thread about British English-

Xavier Breath learns English. by Frankie Rizzo

This is a story of an Englishman going to an American service station to get some new windshield wiper blades.

He fills his tank with petrol and asks the dopey looking attendant with a patch on his shirt that says "Xavier B" for some windscreen wipers.

Xavier replies "Golly! What the hell is that for?" The Englishman answers "To wipe the rain off the windscreen." Xavier says "Windscreen? It's a windshield you dumbass Limey,'Mercans invented the car so it's called whatever we say it's called".

The Englishman replied, look jackass, we invented the language! Not only that but we invented windscreen wipers and patented them in 1911 so they are called whatever we say they are called!"

Xavier replied. "Sorry sir! Shall I wash your windshield now?" The Englishman said. "What a dipsh!t."

Xavier filed hate crime charges and won a civil suit for a million dollar settlement and that is why he now sits on his dopey ass and posts nonsense all day and night instead of pumping gas. The Englishman lost his million dollar fortune to Xavier and now he pumps gas at Xavier's old job.

The End.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I base my opinion on logic.
Heterosexual couples are legally allowed to marry. They make whatever promises to one another in front of groups of people or only to one another. This is a "ceremony"; an act that in the eyes of the law means nothing.
Homosexual couples can do the same thing. We have "commitment ceremonies" or other public/private exchanges of promises. They also, legally, mean nothing.
Logic dictates a couple is either opposite sex or same sex.
Heterosexual couples have the extra benefits and protections of legal marriage. These benefits and protections allow them to do any number of things--take FMLA, receive spousal Medicare or Social Security benefits, obtain base housing in the military, inheritance protection; the list goes on.
Opposite sex couples have the "extra benefits and protections of legal marriage", because, at least in 32 plus U.S. state marriage is a legally defined union of husband and wife.
Gay couples pay into the same systems that straight couples pay into. They get the benefits, we do not.
If you want the benefits of the system, enter into it the same way.
Even straight couples who enter into "sham marriages" are able to get these benefits.
Again it's opposite sex couples. An opposite sex gay couple can also enter into a "sham marriage".
Every accepted scientific, medical, and legal collective,(ABA, AMA, APA, NASW, etc.) is in support of same-sex marriage. They all recognize that same-sex partnerships, at their foundation, are equal to opposite-sex partnerships.
Equal does not mean the same. Men and women are different.

[
There is NO REASON why same-sex couples should be denied the exact same benefits and protections that legally married heterosexual couples have.
If you want the EXACT SAME benefits and protections that legally married OPPOSITE SEX couples have, logic dictates you should enter into marriage the same way, by accepting a person of the OPPOSITE SEX as your respective legally recognized wife, or husband .

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
-Here are the facts I state;
1. Ss couple are duplicates of one gender.
2. Ss couples are mutually incapable of procreation.
Please tell me what part of that is my opinion?
<quoted text>
What remains, is your opinion and my facts.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
So you are saying,
-Ss couples are not duplicates of one gender?
-Ss couples are mutually capable of procreation?
Oh, and you have medical proof of my condition?
You are the sad one, and you are not void of hate.
Smile.
I don't hate you. In fact I feel quite sorry for you. I can only come up with the names of three people that I know well enough to hate them based upon their actions and vile nature. Two were the parents of a high school girlfriend and the other was the stepfather of a college girlfriend. I'll leave the details for you to ponder. Fortunately for the rest of us all three have shuffled off this mortal coil. None too soon for they left their mark on at least two people, probably more like 6 or 7 in reality.

No, I don't have proof of your "medical condition." You've made outlandish claims and subsequently stated that your identity was a known quantity or some such rot. It isn't, you're just and anonymous buffoon with a computer. Like I said before, you've posted a great deal of opinion and you've confused it with fact. If you want to stick with your two facts, go right ahead. It'd be refreshing to see you drop the rest of your schtick.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic dictates a couple is either opposite sex or same sex.
<quoted text>
Opposite sex couples have the "extra benefits and protections of legal marriage", because, at least in 32 plus U.S. state marriage is a legally defined union of husband and wife.
<quoted text>
If you want the benefits of the system, enter into it the same way.
<quoted text>
Again it's opposite sex couples. An opposite sex gay couple can also enter into a "sham marriage".
<quoted text>
Equal does not mean the same. Men and women are different.
[<quoted text>
If you want the EXACT SAME benefits and protections that legally married OPPOSITE SEX couples have, logic dictates you should enter into marriage the same way, by accepting a person of the OPPOSITE SEX as your respective legally recognized wife, or husband .
LOL Logic and the law have little in common, the law in California recognizes both opposite and same sex marriage now, there are 18,000 same sex married legally recognized in California.

That point is moot, it is already a fact that same sex marriages exist and are recognized legally. No more a sham marriage than your marriage is ... maybe that is a bad analogy as your marriage is so fragile that you feel it is in danger... so no more a sham that my marriage, and you will not find a stronger one than mine.

Equal under the law, which wears a blindfold, blind to Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin is exactly what they seek, and in fact some already have.

The question of equality is why some same sex married couples are recognized, and others are denied.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••