Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184592 Mar 25, 2013
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
a young cutie from the jehovah's JUST visited me not a hour ago!!
I wish(to god) i had read your comment before that!!
she was likely WAY OFF IN LOONY RIGHTWING DING VILLE
we have droves of those types in our purple county....
Most likely it was an undercover agent spying on you.

Elk Grove, CA

#184593 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
there is nothing like winning when you didnt expect to...
that said, it feels good to win, when YOU KNOW you are right, and it is simply a matter of the court backing US up and telling the bigots to finally....SIT DOWN.!!!!!
I had that same feeling last fall, when Obama trounced thurston howell the third, and his car elevator!!
all the racist bigots were ready for a big racist hurrah!!
unfortunately for them?? they were watching faux news, and were badly mislead into thinking they would win.!!
when they were trounced firmly....
many of them act as theough the election never happed, and amercia DIDNT shoot their agenda down.
The funny part is you bought those lies...lol....He's promised to overhaul immigration law, to set a course in law against global warming, stop Iran from gaining the ability to make nuclear weapons, slash America's use of foreign oil, restrain college costs, and take a big bite out of the national debt even while protecting the heart of the big entitlement programs.

He's promised to make health insurance not only universally accessible, but "affordable," through a 2010 health care law that is finally entering prime time and will soon be tested.

Obama made a pact with voters, not historians, and he's got IOUs outstanding.

His lies on ObamaCare that you celebrated that have been broken:

1) If you like your current insurance you can keep it.
) If you like your doctor you can keep him or her.

3) The ten-year cost of Obama Care will be less than $1 trillion.

4) Obama Care will not add one dime to the deficit.

All four of these promises have been broken according to the administrationís own experts

He lied and itís going to be more expensive with less coverage? Who saw that coming? If you voted for this idiot I hope you get what you deserve!!!!!
He lied and itís going to be more expensive with less coverage? Who saw that coming? If you voted for this idiot I hope you get what you deserve!!!!!
Less Problems

La Puente, CA

#184594 Mar 25, 2013
Soda Jerks are out again, shame on them.
Less Problems

La Puente, CA

#184596 Mar 25, 2013
I'm sure they ran in a little hole over there in Glendora.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#184597 Mar 25, 2013
Tomorrow is the big day in court. It's the beginning of the end of the gay marriage bans not just in California but Pennsylvania, Texas, Mississippi, Oregon, and all of the states that deny LGBT couples equal rights under the law. Time is up bigots. June 2013. Remember that date.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184598 Mar 25, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The funny part is you bought those lies...lol....He's promised to overhaul immigration law, to set a course in law against global warming, stop Iran from gaining the ability to make nuclear weapons, slash America's use of foreign oil, restrain college costs, and take a big bite out of the national debt even while protecting the heart of the big entitlement programs.
He's promised to make health insurance not only universally accessible, but "affordable," through a 2010 health care law that is finally entering prime time and will soon be tested.
Obama made a pact with voters, not historians, and he's got IOUs outstanding.
His lies on ObamaCare that you celebrated that have been broken:
1) If you like your current insurance you can keep it.
) If you like your doctor you can keep him or her.
3) The ten-year cost of Obama Care will be less than $1 trillion.
4) Obama Care will not add one dime to the deficit.
All four of these promises have been broken according to the administrationís own experts
your hysteria is just silly now.

"to set a course agianst global warming"??

hint: that would be easier if you guys stopped denying that it exists in the first place...

and with the stock market now well over 14000??

the wealthy have little to whine about....

other than the fact that their MAN isnt in the whitehouse

meanwhile your party just keeps digging their own grave, by being against things like gay marraige, legal immigration, access to womens health care and voting equality....

you can just kepp digging as far as im concerned.
Karney Worker

Sonoma, CA

#184599 Mar 25, 2013
How come when a sentor or congressman is in the washington place they is married yet they dont have kids every nine months as the bible demands? Well, either they is fruitin off in the can or doing something with rubber gloves that god dont want. Vote for Bachmann, she knows eveything and will go ahead and tell IF WE PUT HER IN THE WHITE HOUISE. God wants it and we cant go against god.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184600 Mar 25, 2013
Wat the hell wrote:
Tomorrow is the big day in court. It's the beginning of the end of the gay marriage bans not just in California but Pennsylvania, Texas, Mississippi, Oregon, and all of the states that deny LGBT couples equal rights under the law. Time is up bigots. June 2013. Remember that date.
Arrogance with the deeeeep argument that the opposition is only bigotry.

Just another reason ss couples are not marriage.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184601 Mar 25, 2013
poopndiek wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO.. Me thinks it is YOU that "dost protest too much"! Just like a lady!
That was the lesbian in me.

Smile.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#184602 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
for now... if DOMA falls, any challenge to the states that ban them will be easily overturned on constitutional grounds
You are on the wrong side of right and wrong, and certainly on the wrong side of history
You are so confused.

DOMA has already failed in court, and the basis for that decision was the the RIGHT to REGULATE and DEFINE marriage rested with the STATE!!! The SCOTUS upholding that decision would AFFIRM that the STATES have the power to REGULATE and DEFINE marriage. It would do NOTHING to help your argument.

You really should stop pretending that you understand the legal system.

Elk Grove, CA

#184603 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
your hysteria is just silly now.
"to set a course agianst global warming"??
hint: that would be easier if you guys stopped denying that it exists in the first place...
Most all the R's have been suckered into it. They discovered that it's another money grab that the liberals have been using for awhile.

Location hidden

#184604 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a matter of degree, the far left of the democratic party is a small minority and has no real voice in the party.
Not so with the far right for the Republican party, who are currently vetting every nominee. Rush speaks to them every day, they will only watch Faux news.
3rd party is likely to happen in the next 20 years, the republicans will spin off the Tea Party
But like other 3rd parties I donít expect it will survive.
If you buy this nonsense you really need to get your head checked.

If the "far right" had the clout you claim Romney would have never made it to NH in the Primary.

Location hidden

#184605 Mar 25, 2013
How sad is it that there are generally 6-8 people who have no life, and spend their lonely days trolling the thread to post judge-it's not based on the content of the post, but based on the name attached to the post?

How much sadder would it be if there was only 1 person?

Seriously, look at the judge-its. With near 100% accuracy you will see page after page, 6-8 judge-it's.

So sad.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184606 Mar 25, 2013
akpilot wrote:
How sad is it that there are generally 6-8 people who have no life, and spend their lonely days trolling the thread to post judge-it's not based on the content of the post, but based on the name attached to the post?
Seriously, look at the judge-its. With near 100% accuracy you will see page after page, 6-8 judge-it's.
So sad.
you are right here with, us mr. pursuit of liberty for all...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#184607 Mar 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Even 'just a little bit' of segregation and apartheid is bad. Same sex marriage introduces a new form of segregation to perfectly integrated and diverse male/female marriage.
For the love of pete, Brian, I have never had a conversation with someone that was more exasperating than one with you. I asked you to explain yourself and all you do is repeat the same statements with absolutely no supporting argument. You don't seem capable of elaborating on anything with any degreeof intelligence.

You keep mentioning gender apartheid and segregation look up the definition of things before you use them:

gender apartheid (also called sex apartheid) is economic and social sexual discrimination against women, including strict sex segregation, as well as an "absence of justice for women in much of the non-Western world." Practices deemed instances of gender apartheid include the legal killing of wives for adultery in Syria and Haiti, wife beating in Nigeria, women needing their husband's consent for divorce in Israel, and legal kidnapping and marriage of women in Guatemala and Lebanon. Aspects of the treatment of women under fundamentalist Islam, Christianity, Judaism and Buddhism have also been described as gender apartheid.

segregation: the separation or isolation of a race, class, or ethnic group by enforced or voluntary residence in a restricted area, by barriers to social intercourse, by separate educational facilities, or by other discriminatory means

Now, one last time, try explaining just what it is youíre trying to claim instead of just repeating yourself. No group is being isolated. In fact one group is asking for inclusion and people like you insist on the continued isolation of them. If anyone is promoting apartheid it is you.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#184609 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
More BS gay twirl lies.
The latest science says homosexuality is a epi-marker mistake.
Moreover, the most intimate imitation of natural sex, anal sex, is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. I've posted that fact from a gay friendly medical site many times if someone doesn't have the common sense to know the anus is not a vagina.
Could be just a couple reasons why it's so hard for every culture in all of human history to get...
Snicker.
Listen up, wannabe scientist. You are not smart enough or qualified to translate scientific theory, thatís right I said THEORY, as fact. Not to mention, in all Iíve read about the ďepi-markersĒ(a term made up by you) the word mistake is never mentioned. Scientific research is meant to discover and understand, not judge. Why do you continually misrepresent and twist the research? You continually accuse people of putting a twirl on things, but, youíre the biggest twirler of them all.
Also, Mark Regnerus is a puppet for anti-equality hate groups, not an independent researcher. His research has not been peer reviewed or authenticated. Besides, heís made clear his prejudices toward Gay Americans, so how could he conduct an unbiased study?
Youíre looking for a logical reason for your hate, but, itís your hate that clouds your objectivity. You canít find any logical reason/research that offers any valid argument against full marriage equality for Gay Americans so you twist (and twirl as you so often like to say) the information to support your less than honorable opinion.
The rest of your post is utter nonsense and not worthy of a response.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#184610 Mar 25, 2013
akpilot wrote:
So sad.
You sound like a sniveling wimp. Face it, you donít have anything to offer and should just go away. Iím sure this isnít the first time youíve heard this.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184611 Mar 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmm.......not quite. There's coital sexual intercourse, which is the act referenced regarding consummation of the marital relationship by husband and wife, and can result in conception. Anal intercourse is......well....just a pain in the arse. Remember if sex is a pain in the arse, you're doing it the wrong way.
Sorry VV, couldn't resist.:)
If it's such a pain in the arse, why do heterosexual couples also do it?

And I'm not talking about homosexual and heterosexual intercourse being the same biologically. I'm talking about it being equal from a purely legal standpoint. In the eyes of the law, there is no difference. Neither are illegal. Both are legal. How much more equal can you get?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#184612 Mar 25, 2013
head satanist wrote:
<quoted text>..........barrack obama george bush jr and sr and tyhe clintons.....all donated money to san francisco over 400 million plus technlogy....for people to get sex changes for free.........us goverment estimated over 400 million people around the world and even san francisco were forced into sex changes.....some of the people have gotten false memory syndrome not remembering that they were the opposite sex ....so if two guys were forced into sex changes and do not know because of people lieing to them every day useing false photographs and memorys these two guys who now look like woman will still be attracted to woman......out of the 400 million forced into sex changes since 2006 99 percent do not have memorys of the sex change...as in drug you up knock you out you wont remember a thing
Because they all have homosexual tendencies.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#184613 Mar 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Divorce maintains consent in marriage; if same sex marriage was licensed I believe the left would attack the consent standard next.
Same sex marriage could harm homosexuals with suits of alienation of affection. Imagine what would happen if every homosexual would become liable for financial damages after a casual tryst.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alienation_of_af...
Same sex marriage is bad because it harms gays.
You keep on coming up with dumber and dumber arguments.
Imagine what would happen if every heterosexual would become liable for financial damages after a casual tryst...
I think that's because you are dumb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr big meech 16,010
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Review: Oroville Tacos Sep 25 MarmotaCaligata 3
Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Sep 23 RYGAR530 14
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
beating Sep 4 psychomike 1
Oroville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Oroville Jobs

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]