Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
159,781 - 159,800 of 200,593 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#183000 Mar 10, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a rant from your inner Gay man or your butch Lesbian? Either way your attempt to marginalize and insult me is as lame and tired as your tree analogy.
Hypocritical response since it was you trying to marginalize and insult me.

You still have nothing but ad homoan attacks for the tree analogy. Here, try again;

The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;

An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!

Smile.
Dorn

La Puente, CA

#183002 Mar 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooooooo....are their wives aware of this? Do they love their wives? If both parties are aware, does it matter?
If the reason a gay person marries a straight person is to stay in the closet, they propably do not tell their wife they are gay.

Lesbians who marry straight men may not yet realize that they are lesbians. Girls are condition at an early age to look forward to marriage and children. They often marry for the wedding, and to please their parents.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#183003 Mar 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Food isn't just for nutrition either. There's sex, also, know as coital sexual intercourse, which an opposite sex couple engages in, and there is other sexual activity. A SSC is sexual with each other, they cannot have sex, by design definition.
It makes you look simpleminded when you say Same Sex Couples cannot have sex.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#183004 Mar 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocritical response since it was you trying to marginalize and insult me.
You still have nothing but ad homoan attacks for the tree analogy. Here, try again;
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Smile.
You forgot a significant possibility in your analogy: finding apples on the tree but refusing to call them apples as they are a varity you don't like-like the reality of gay and lesbain households raising children, functioning the same as ANY OTHER family, and your refusal to accept the fact.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#183005 Mar 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocritical response since it was you trying to marginalize and insult me.
You still have nothing but ad homoan attacks for the tree analogy. Here, try again;
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Smile.
Yeah.... we've all seen a walnut tree hanging apples. Sober up.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#183006 Mar 10, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another lack-luster performance by the resident moron.. You really are trying to steal the title from Rose aren't you?
I'll take that as the lousy dodge it is.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183007 Mar 10, 2013
Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
If the reason a gay person marries a straight person is to stay in the closet, they propably do not tell their wife they are gay.
Do they love their wives? If both parties are aware, does it matter?
Lesbians who marry straight men may not yet realize that they are lesbians. Girls are condition at an early age to look forward to marriage and children. They often marry for the wedding, and to please their parents.
Does that work in reverse? Are there lesbians who may not know they're straight? Anne Heche? Chirlane McCray?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#183008 Mar 10, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes you look simpleminded when you say Same Sex Couples cannot have sex.
No, just accurate. Just ask Bill Clinton. What form of birth control do same sex couples use?
Gregory twirls and spins

Burlington, WI

#183009 Mar 10, 2013
I'm a lesbian and for birth control I use Kimare's personality. Come to think of it, his personality is a total lists-blocker.
Idsdsd

Covina, CA

#183011 Mar 10, 2013
Which way to the crooked road to where the wackO, GOP, Republicans hang out at?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#183012 Mar 10, 2013
Idsdsd wrote:
Which way to the crooked road to where the wackO, GOP, Republicans hang out at?
You've found it on this thread.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#183013 Mar 10, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying bigfoot isn't real? How bout sponge bob?
Nooo! Bigfoot is real! We play pinochle on the third wednesday of every month. Sponge bob has been excluded though. Keeps getting the cards wet.:(

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#183014 Mar 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Food isn't just for nutrition either. There's sex, also, know as coital sexual intercourse, which an opposite sex couple engages in, and there is other sexual activity. A SSC is sexual with each other, they cannot have sex, by design definition.
Would it be masturbation if I told you to go fxck yourself?:o)

Since: Mar 13

Fremont, CA

#183015 Mar 10, 2013
just as Alice answered I am surprised that someone can make $7472 in 4 weeks on the internet. did you see this link >>>>>> bit90.com <<<<<<

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#183016 Mar 10, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, interesting question. The impulse answer would seem to be that more people would use marijuana because of its legal status. This would seem to be confirmed by the numbers coming out of Colorado in regards to college students where it is claimed that the numbers have climbed drastically. But is all what it seems to be on the surface when we dig a bit deeper? Are there in fact an increased number of users, or are the users simply more open about the usage since it is now legal?
Now I don't agree completely with your analogy to prohibition of alcohol, I don't think the law lead to an increase in usage, it simply didn't result in a decrease. And there is certainly no doubt that organized crime received a boost thanks to the Amendment.
I doubt there has been an increase in the number of actual users in college. What might happen is that some people will relocate in states that legalise it. For people who've settled down with families and careers this isn't easy. But for those in college...

I didn't claim there was an increase in alcohol use with prohibition. What actually happened was an initial decrease due to a lack of supply. You can't drink what doesn't exist. Once the infrastructure was in place, the party was back on with pretty much the same consumption. What happened, in the negative column, was that people died due to poorly brewed hooch (toxins like lead) and mixed drinks emerged so people could choke down inferior bathtub rotgut gin. Then there was the criminal activity associated with territory ownership and distribution. Just like we see with drugs these days. Make it legal and tax it. Win win all around. No change in consumption, revenue for the tax man, quality product produced by non-black market producers. Have a look at the stuff being sold in Amsterdam as well as some of the CA market with prescription cannabis.

Did you know that the reason cannabis was demonised was for paper and rope products? The pulp wood industry and the nylon industry didn't want the competition. Thank Hearst and DuPont.
Idsdsd

Covina, CA

#183017 Mar 10, 2013
Jeb Bush admits he is a "crack Addict." Finally.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#183018 Mar 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocritical response since it was you trying to marginalize and insult me.
You still have nothing but ad homoan attacks for the tree analogy. Here, try again;
The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;
An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Smile.
Should the apple tree not bearing fruit be cut into fire wood? What about a tree that bares both fruit and nuts? Should it be eradicated?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#183019 Mar 10, 2013
Kuntmary it's nutty and fruity, all within the same bush (which is malodorous akin to a fish market).
Baxter

Los Angeles, CA

#183020 Mar 10, 2013
Idsdsd wrote:
Which way to the crooked road to where the wackO, GOP, Republicans hang out at?
Interstate 101 at the rest-area stop near Gaviota. You'll find the repubs lined up at the guys restroom at the stalls with the holes cut into the walls.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#183021 Mar 10, 2013
That's funny, because it's true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr go away 5,007
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 14 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Aug 24 jram1970 88
Recent reports of bodies found/murders in Orovi... Aug 19 Justsaying 1
Review: VALLEY HOME CENTERS Aug 16 Scott Alexander 1
Review: Oroville Tacos Aug 9 Steve M 1
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••