Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,990)

Showing posts 159,781 - 159,800 of200,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No amount of babble from you will change the fact you don't have to be able to spawn in order to marry.
Yet here you are attempting to change historical fact with your babble.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
well as long as you donít know the meaning of the words there is no point in discussing this with you.
We are a representative democracy, we are also a republic
if you knew the meaning of the words you would understand, you refuse, so .... shrug, Ignorance is totally up to you
I know full well the meaning of the words, and it is pure ignorance such as yours which has lead us to this nonsense that we are in any way shape or form a democracy. You really should take the time to educate yourself.

BTW, take a peak at Article IV Section 4 for the US Constitution, you find NO mention of a "Democracy". In fact I challenge you to find a single reference by our founders to democracy which was NOT in the negative.

Perhaps a little less time on the internet and a little more time reading our founding documents would do you some good?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>You really should educate yourself as to why you hang out in gay forums.
Yet another lack-luster performance by the resident moron.. You really are trying to steal the title from Rose aren't you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>

I do have to call you out on a bit of the above commentary...
Specifically regarding the legalisation of pot. Do you really think legalisation will increase usage? If so, you really ought to take a long hard look at prohibition and what it did, or rather didn't do, for alcohol consumption. Oh, you can look at what it did for organised crime if you want, as that was a magnificant failure for progress.
Hmm, interesting question. The impulse answer would seem to be that more people would use marijuana because of its legal status. This would seem to be confirmed by the numbers coming out of Colorado in regards to college students where it is claimed that the numbers have climbed drastically. But is all what it seems to be on the surface when we dig a bit deeper? Are there in fact an increased number of users, or are the users simply more open about the usage since it is now legal?

Now I don't agree completely with your analogy to prohibition of alcohol, I don't think the law lead to an increase in usage, it simply didn't result in a decrease. And there is certainly no doubt that organized crime received a boost thanks to the Amendment.
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>So does al gore. Yes the gunships are moving in, soon the tanks will be rolling in the rural areas, then the china men will be rolling in on food trucks to sell the rice, we all need to be alerted and buy our anti-tank weapons before obama stops the sell of them and our missile launchers to get those warships. Hey if it's a false alarm at least we will be ready for the next false alarm on the internet.
Off topic but perhaps I should purchase some extra ammo for my 45 and my Ar-15, Maybe an English to Chinese dictionary would also help?Those damn pesky under handed sneaky Chinese! Oh,oh,I just heard a noise in the back yard!!! Could it be? No,truthfully that Randy never ceases to amaze me with his utter B.S.! 60,000 Chinese at the mexican boarder,that would hardly be enough for the job now would it? LOL
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

AKpile of crap you are a pathetic little fat man.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a rant from your inner Gay man or your butch Lesbian? Either way your attempt to marginalize and insult me is as lame and tired as your tree analogy.
Hypocritical response since it was you trying to marginalize and insult me.

You still have nothing but ad homoan attacks for the tree analogy. Here, try again;

The differences between marriage with/without kids and gay couples;

An apple tree bearing fruit.
An apple tree not bearing fruit for some reason.
An walnut tree who never bears any fruit wanting to be a apple tree.
An walnut tree hanging apples on it's branches pretending to be a apple tree.

Even funnier?

The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!

Smile.
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooooooo....are their wives aware of this? Do they love their wives? If both parties are aware, does it matter?
If the reason a gay person marries a straight person is to stay in the closet, they propably do not tell their wife they are gay.

Lesbians who marry straight men may not yet realize that they are lesbians. Girls are condition at an early age to look forward to marriage and children. They often marry for the wedding, and to please their parents.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Food isn't just for nutrition either. There's sex, also, know as coital sexual intercourse, which an opposite sex couple engages in, and there is other sexual activity. A SSC is sexual with each other, they cannot have sex, by design definition.
It makes you look simpleminded when you say Same Sex Couples cannot have sex.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have nothing but ad homoan attacks for the tree analogy. Here, try again;
Even funnier?
The claim that if the government doesn't 'require' apple trees to bear fruit, then it is discrimination not to call walnut trees apple trees too!
Smile.
You forgot a significant possibility in your analogy: finding apples on the tree but refusing to call them apples as they are a varity you don't like-like the reality of gay and lesbain households raising children, functioning the same as ANY OTHER family, and your refusal to accept the fact.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Even funnier?
Smile.
Yeah.... we've all seen a walnut tree hanging apples. Sober up.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another lack-luster performance by the resident moron.. You really are trying to steal the title from Rose aren't you?
I'll take that as the lousy dodge it is.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
If the reason a gay person marries a straight person is to stay in the closet, they propably do not tell their wife they are gay.
Do they love their wives? If both parties are aware, does it matter?
Lesbians who marry straight men may not yet realize that they are lesbians. Girls are condition at an early age to look forward to marriage and children. They often marry for the wedding, and to please their parents.
Does that work in reverse? Are there lesbians who may not know they're straight? Anne Heche? Chirlane McCray?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes you look simpleminded when you say Same Sex Couples cannot have sex.
No, just accurate. Just ask Bill Clinton. What form of birth control do same sex couples use?
Gregory twirls and spins

Burlington, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

I'm a lesbian and for birth control I use Kimare's personality. Come to think of it, his personality is a total lists-blocker.
Idsdsd

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Which way to the crooked road to where the wackO, GOP, Republicans hang out at?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Idsdsd wrote:
Which way to the crooked road to where the wackO, GOP, Republicans hang out at?
You've found it on this thread.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>are you saying bigfoot isn't real? How bout sponge bob?
Nooo! Bigfoot is real! We play pinochle on the third wednesday of every month. Sponge bob has been excluded though. Keeps getting the cards wet.:(

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Food isn't just for nutrition either. There's sex, also, know as coital sexual intercourse, which an opposite sex couple engages in, and there is other sexual activity. A SSC is sexual with each other, they cannot have sex, by design definition.
Would it be masturbation if I told you to go fxck yourself?:o)

Since: Mar 13

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

just as Alice answered I am surprised that someone can make $7472 in 4 weeks on the internet. did you see this link >>>>>> bit90.com <<<<<<

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 159,781 - 159,800 of200,198
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oroville Discussions

Search the Oroville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr Decide what 4,837
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 13 hr 21 and over 15,909
6,300 sign petition of support for Mendocino Co... Jul 5 Here Is One 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,806
City appoints new fire chief (Aug '09) Jun 24 Larry Lawrence 32
Marysville Mobile Home Parks Worried About Pote... Jun 18 Ernestina Gama spc 28 1
Normal St. Bar slaying verdict reached (Sep '08) Jun 15 peace off 13
•••

Fire Warning for Butte County was issued at July 10 at 12:42PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••