Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
159,681 - 159,700 of 200,563 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumdum, you're the one that brought "natural" and "only" as qualifiers. WTF is wrong with you? Short attention span?
Procreation isn't limited to heterosexual couples. Homosexuals have been producing offspring for eons.
Since you brought up demeaning again in reference to anal sex it has reminded me of a statement you made previously and were unable to buttress when I asked you about it. What is it that is demeaning about lesbian sex? For that matter, what is it about anal sex that is demeaning? The acts carried on by gay men and lesbian women aren't unique to them. Heterosexual couples engage in oral and anal sex with great frequency. Are they demeaning for them? Why? B
ack up your statements with a little evidence. I'll wait patiently for you to do so. Try to do so without any of your usual silly crap about gay twirl or ad homoan attacks. Those are quite childish remarks anyway. Oh, and they're insults as well as ad hominem attacks. You seem to suffer quit a bit of the ol' pot calling the kettle black routine.
"Those are quite childish remarks anyway. Oh, and they're insults as well as ad hominem attacks. You seem to suffer quit a bit of the ol' pot calling the kettle black routine."

Don't you think it would be fair of you to say the same thing to rose-no-ho? Her childish remarks about abortion to Kimare are easily comparable in level, not to mention irrelevant to the thread.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The flaw in these arguments is the use of modern sexual identity politics labels, "gay", "straight", "hetero", "homo", etc. The bottom line is sex between men and women makes babies. Marriage serves as the means by which the sexes are joined together, and do what cones naturally, have sex, and make babies. That's what virtually all human societies have organized themselves around. SSM is really a contradiction in terms. If it were such a compelling need for it among human societies why is there no deep seated cross cultural cross time historic ssm, male or female, structure? What is the urgent need for it now?
The "urgent need" is financial gain.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the right thing? They rewrote the law. When did the judiciary acquire the power to draft legislation?
When they learned that Americans will stand by, for anything. They have been defiling the Constitution for a long time, and chipping away at the separation of powers for as long as the document has existed. Slowly, we are being turned into a clone of the Third Reich.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why is there a need for it now? Because there is. We've arrived to a time when we're civilised enough to recognise that homosexuals aren't mentally ill deviants in need of treatment. There are throw backs in every society, but they're a dying breed. Homosexuals are just people, like you and I. We've matured as a species to the point where we have learned that a lot of what was believed 100 years ago simply isn't true. And what was commonly accepted truth 500 years is hogwash. Even more so for the "truth" of 1000 years ago. I could go further back in time, but hopefully you understand what I mean. Sure we've got cultures that still see women as second class citizens - they're missing out on the full potential of 1/2 of their population (if not more). We've got past the notion that blacks are inferior beings. Now it is time to get past the notion that gays are inferior beings.
This brings us back to your question, why should gays marry? This gets into territory that irks AKpilot and I understand his point. However, we're where we are and marriage takes care of so much more than procreation. More than 1000 rights come with it. National recognition of marriage for gay couples brings those rights to them with the stroke of a pen. It is simplicity. No need for every state to pass legislation regarding ssm marriage. No chance for some states to discriminate and disallow the rights granted in another when someone relocates. That approach is too complex. The legal rights that come with a marriage certificate are the same from state to state. Unions by other nomenclature are the subject of each state's legislature and that just makes it too complicated.
Ok, homosexuals aren't mentally ill deviants in need of treatment. But, they do not deserve the same recognition as heterosexuals, because they are not equal to heterosexuals, with regards marriage and raising of families. This is the issue. Bringing them the rights that they do not need. National granting of those rights is not legal. There is every need for each state to write its own legislation, as the Constitution makes that clear. Complicated or not.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No amount of babble from you will change the fact you don't have to be able to spawn in order to marry.
You're the worst kind of trator that there is. One that will allow the defilement of our basic freedoms and rights, in order to get what you want. And you have the nerve to label it "babble"? You should be shot, because you are insane and dangerous to our liberty.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Kinda wrote:
This topic is so gggggggggaaaaayyyyyy..........
Yes. It is. Imagine....
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I have all the dick I can handle, thank you.
And very small hands, as well, I guess.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? And you've never felt peer pressure to get married?
Oh, you're just being seriously stupid now, shotgun weddings next?
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'M the vile one in this exchange, eh? So you prefer "go stick a dick up your ass and then suck the shit off it??" I see what kind of dirty girl you are now.... tsk, tsk, tsk
Yes, 1 of 3. You share the spotlight with Chongo and JizzyLips.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Err...
....you seem to be the only screaming out loud crazee bastard here buddy....LOL!!!!
Your post reads "AAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGHHH " while you urinate your pants and flail your arms.
What a putz your momma raised....or didn't...LOL!!!
Hey, moron, he's not shouting, he's typing with the caps lock on. And did you actually SEE him urinate in his pants? Or flail his arms? No, you didn't. But you DID resort to lies to substitute for not having anything real to contribute. Just noticing your weaknesses.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you provide a simple answer to a simple question ?
Why do you want to know?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hey, moron, he's not shouting, he's typing with the caps lock on. And did you actually SEE him urinate in his pants? Or flail his arms? No, you didn't. But you DID resort to lies to substitute for not having anything real to contribute. Just noticing your weaknesses.
Dear Rock-Hard,

Typing in caps, while on an internet forum, IS shouting. If you're going to participate in the process, you should know the rules.
AnoReason

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Glendora, California has to jump over some financial hurdles (AGAIN) all because they were going in the WRONG direction from the begining.

Question: Were they warned?

Answer: YES

Question: what happened next?

Answer: they kept driving towards financial meltdown.

March 2013.
Some Never Came Home

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The "urgent need" is financial gain.
No it's not! It's about having the very same rights as you per our Constitution and the 14th Amendment! Separate and equal is NOT equal! You are no better than any gay person! You may think so but you are a hypocrite and totally delusional! If some financial gain is part of the equation so what,No different than the rights that you enjoy! So very glad I could help,and by the way you shouldn't threaten to shoot some one on a thread,which again shows what a loser you are! I won't report you as you're simply not worth it,but I'm sure someone will and rightfully so bigot boy! I can't wait till June,boy you'll really be whining after the Supreme court rules against your hatred and bigotry!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ok, homosexuals aren't mentally ill deviants in need of treatment. But, they do not deserve the same recognition as heterosexuals, because they are not equal to heterosexuals, with regards marriage and raising of families. This is the issue. Bringing them the rights that they do not need. National granting of those rights is not legal. There is every need for each state to write its own legislation, as the Constitution makes that clear. Complicated or not.
So what you're saying is that even though gay folk aren't mentally ill or in need of treatment, they're inferior to us heterosexuals. Got it. Perhaps you'd give them 3/5s equality?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a queer?
Are you a hater? dude, you sound real brave sitting behind a keyboard.
AnoReason

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The number of current federal workers and retired who owed delinquent income taxes jumped by nearly 12 percent in 2011.

About 312,000 federal current and former owes more than $3.5 billion in back taxes.

Time to through them in to prison where the dead beats belong.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
There are, right now, over 60,000 Chinese troops massed just south of the Mexican border, waiting for the word.
really? Never heard that before, can you please provide information to back that up?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that even though gay folk aren't mentally ill or in need of treatment, they're inferior to us heterosexuals. Got it. Perhaps you'd give them 3/5s equality?
Anytime a gay says , "So what you're saying is...", you can be sure that is not what they are saying.

Gay couples can only ever be a barren duplicate half of marriage.

A gay home will ALWAYS deprive a child of one parental gender and at least one birth parent.

Undeniable, devastating differences.

Smirk.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Anytime a gay says , "So what you're saying is...", you can be sure that is not what they are saying.
Well now, KMart, I'm not gay. So it must be what he was saying.
Smirk!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Oroville Forum right now

Search the Oroville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 56 min Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr facts faced 15,929
Recent reports of bodies found/murders in Orovi... 21 hr Justsaying 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
Review: VALLEY HOME CENTERS Aug 16 Scott Alexander 1
Review: Oroville Tacos Aug 9 Steve M 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Aug 6 starbucks 2,262
•••
•••
•••
Oroville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••