Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#180833 Feb 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the conclusion that everyone else has already come to.
( chuckle )
Well..... he's not smart enough to lie. I think he's just crazy and uneducated.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180834 Feb 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Well, off to physical therapy.
You clowns try real hard to construct a cogent argument against marriage equality while I'm gone.
You know something better than "STFU Mormon boy!!" Or "no you don't, you're lying!"
Buncha dummies.
We will be discussing the overturn of Prop 8 instead :)
Lancers

Covina, CA

#180835 Feb 22, 2013
Defactoo bull.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180836 Feb 22, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Well..... he's not smart enough to lie. I think he's just crazy and uneducated.
Well the lying part is his saying he is in favor of same sex marriage, and then attacks anyone else that is in favor of it and desperately trying to change the subject to poly, which later he says he doesnít actually care about, but only how he can use that topic to attack anyone in favor of same sex marriage.

He twists and turns so often I donít think he knows what he is for or against.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#180839 Feb 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Well, off to mental therapy.
You bet
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#180840 Feb 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the lying part is his saying he is in favor of same sex marriage, and then attacks anyone else that is in favor of it and desperately trying to change the subject to poly, which later he says he doesnít actually care about, but only how he can use that topic to attack anyone in favor of same sex marriage.
He twists and turns so often I donít think he knows what he is for or against.
Exactly. Brain damage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180841 Feb 22, 2013
I am curious... when are we expecting the Supremesí to rule on Prop 8 ... was it June?

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#180842 Feb 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
I am curious... when are we expecting the Supremesí to rule on Prop 8 ... was it June?
I may be wrong, but I think they will hear arguments in March, and make their ruling public in June. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
nothing

Covina, CA

#180843 Feb 22, 2013
SameOseeds of loonies.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180844 Feb 22, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I may be wrong, but I think they will hear arguments in March, and make their ruling public in June. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
donít know, I think you may be right.

The big question will be, not which way they rule, that is fairly obvious ( at least to me ), but how broad the ruling will be, affecting only California, or affecting all states.

I personally expect the narrower ruling, but still hold hope for the wider ruling
I

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#180845 Feb 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
Why would Diana Ross rule on that?:)
GOP idiots

Covina, CA

#180846 Feb 22, 2013
Whats even more shameful is the facts this lousy piece of DUNG and his party of idiots will be shutting down the government and the VA because they are just plain stupid.

They have and are ruining this country.

U.S. House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) is a pathtic piece of DUNG and he can't learn to shut his stinking mouth.

Boehner also says the compensation claims backlog remains alarmingly high nationally and in Ohio. He says system failures reported by Ohio veterans are shameful, like his filthy mouth shameful.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180847 Feb 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL :D
Big D

Modesto, CA

#180848 Feb 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted that as a joke of course, but it got me thinking ( never a good thing ) about titles and how we address people, you know our founders disagreed on how the president should be addressed.

"The 1787 Constitution of the United States did not specify the manner of address for the chief executive. When George Washington was sworn in as the first President of the United States in 1789, he initially used the style, "His High Mightiness, the President of the United States and Protector of their Liberties," a title elaborated by the Joint Congressional Committee on titles over the course of a month. Critics charged that it smacked of monarchy. Washington consented to the demands of James Madison and the United States House of Representatives that the title be altered to "Mr. President." The first Vice President of the United States and the second President, John Adams, felt the title showed too little deference and lacked prestige, but he was unsuccessful in replacing it."

Off topic... but interesting anyway

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#180849 Feb 22, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, when did I claim- IKYABWAI was a word?
Stupid, you said,
"I suggest you grab a REAL dictionary and look up the big words you don't understand." This implies you thought "IKYABWAI" was a (big) word.
LOL! You can't twist your way out of this! Damn, you are dumb!

And again, dummy, the Urban Dictionary is a fine resource for finding the meanings of acronyms used on the internet.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#180850 Feb 22, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
whatever
Lil started it.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#180851 Feb 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
She is the boss.

Santa Monica, CA

#180852 Feb 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to understand 'context'. I was speaking of the PRIMARY EXPRESSION of intimacy as designed by nature. For heteros' it is intercourse. They have the default option of anal sex. It is rarely exercised by hetero's. Gays have only the default option. Inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Smirk.
You don't seem to know what "default" means, stupid. And gay people have other options. And, stupid, anal sex isn't inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.

Santa Monica, CA

#180853 Feb 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How would "consummation" be defined as in the "marriage was consummated"?
Who cares?
IF it really were an issue, the definition could just be that the couple engages in a sexual act.
What is your point?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#180854 Feb 22, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I dishonestly change people's people's posts because I am a dumbass who cannot argue intelligently.
You bet!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gleaners hand out 5,000 pounds of salmom (Nov '10) Oct 25 kathy toledo 7
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Oct 19 just cause 96
Marvin Markle (Mar '12) Oct 17 Happy 15
Review: Oroville Tacos Oct 1 Roy T 4
Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Sep '14 RYGAR530 14
beating Sep '14 psychomike 1
Council continues Walmart appeals (Dec '10) Sep '14 Andy 49

Winter Storm Watch for Butte County was issued at October 30 at 3:50AM PDT

Oroville Dating
Find my Match

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville