Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201888 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#232561 Sep 10, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal ct wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I hate you? Don't put words
in my mouth. I was taught, that if u
don't have anything nice to say STFU!
Pretty hard here where everyone
thinks they are king.. LOL
The Bible is quite contradictory about what is required to be a Christian.

Location hidden

#232562 Sep 10, 2014

Location hidden

#232563 Sep 10, 2014
<quoted text>
"Babies" are not Atheists.... You don't
make sense. An Atheist is someone
who doesn't believe in a higher power!
A baby is born with no knowledge,
only instinct! Therefore, I call BS on
that!
You do not know what an Atheist is. You do not know what atheism is. Find out and then talk to me. We are all born atheists. You do not know what that means.
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232564 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>When Jesus commands you to do something and you give him the finger you are the one with a problem, not me.

I see clearly that you are NOT a Christian, you are a pretend one, a fake, someone who says they are a Christian but who hasn't a clue what you must to do actually be one. You are only deceiving yourself. You sure as hell won't deceive me.
First of all, I don't talk about my
religion here. It's private. Your
interpretation of the Bible literally
is a way to make it seem evil. Yes,
if I cheated on my husband, they
would stone me. I think the Bible
and the Constitution are outdated.
I believe in God, in spite of an
outdated book, and especially
after your meaningless post.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#232565 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. When you sell your computer and give the money to the poor, then I will believe you are a real and true Bible believing Christian, until then you are just a pew warmer.
You sound poor, what is your name and address, I will send you money.

Sacramento, CA

#232566 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know what an Atheist is. You do not know what atheism is. Find out and then talk to me. We are all born atheists. You do not know what that means.
Nobody is born to hate those that believe in God. When did you first learn about the word, Atheist?
wooden spoon

La Puente, CA

#232567 Sep 10, 2014
stirring up the pot again are we?
operation bid rig

Bradenton, FL

#232568 Sep 10, 2014
with so many crooked lawyers and the judges they pimp , like Herbert Grossman , Gerald Garson , Rolf Treu , Ron Leighton , Tom Griesa , Mark Ciavarella and the kosher nostra judeciary ................we need many more cases like OPERATION GREYLORD and Spechler v Tobin and USA v Baruch Goldstein , John Towery , Jeff Herbig and Aldrich Ames/ Paul Insco.
big rig

La Puente, CA

#232569 Sep 10, 2014
What big rig?
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#232570 Sep 10, 2014
"Hark and Forsooth! One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives + Riccardo Fire." St. Euripedes
double nines

La Puente, CA

#232571 Sep 10, 2014
Is that clapper stuck on stupid again?

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#232572 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep massaging your ego.
Massage? Now don't get too kinky on us Rev, they say the man upstairs is always watching ;)

Go UCLA/LGBT Bruins!
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#232573 Sep 10, 2014
"And then shall they saith: Who doth giveth a Hoot. Owl you need is Love." Book of the Philadelphians, 1,2-3;4

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#232574 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If the heavens and the earth need a creator, then who created God? And if God can always have existed then so can the Universe have always existed with out any creator.
The question of whether or not the Bible is scientifically valid has been debated for hundreds of years by critics and supporters alike. Biblicists have contended the book not only supports science but contains many statements that are ahead of their time. The Bible supposedly has great scientific wisdom and only now are we beginning to realize as much. Critics, such as myself, believe the Bible is its own worst enemy. From our perspective there are more than enough statements contained therein to forestall any claims to scientific precision. Indeed, many statements clearly belong in the realm of mythology and folklore, while others are simply false. Some are so vague it's difficult to know what is meant, so naturally, biblicists choose the more scientifically oriented interpretation. Those believing the Bible to be scientifically precise and wise beyond its years should read, digest, and remember the following assertions contained within its covers:
The bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18);
Some fowls are four-footed (Lev. 11:20-21);
Some creeping insects have four legs.(Lev. 11:22-23);
Hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:6);
Conies chew the cud (Lev. 11:5);
Camels don't divide the hoof (Lev. 11:4);
The earth was formed out of and by means of water (2 Peter 3:5 RSV);
The earth rest on pillars (1 Sam. 2:8);
The earth won't be moved (1Chron. 16:30);
A hare does not divide the hoof (Deut. 14:7);
The rainbow is not as old as rain and sunshine (Gen. 9:13);
A mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds and grows into the greatest of all shrubs (Matt. 13:31-32 RSV);
Turtles have voices (Song of Sol. 2:12);
The earth has ends or edges (Job 37:3);
The earth has four corners (Isa. 11:12, Rev. 7:1);
Some 4-legged animals fly (Lev. 11:21);
The world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9; and
A fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44).
Can't answer my questions. Can't explain how facts have kissed faith.

Dumbfounded again.

SMile.

Sacramento, CA

#232575 Sep 10, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>
Massage? Now don't get too kinky on us Rev, they say the man upstairs is always watching ;)
Go UCLA/LGBT Bruins!
That's true PPPete, I will be in Fresno sat night to watch my team. and it's not Fresno State.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#232576 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am dedicated to destroying the "fabric" of Christianity in America because the more it "unravels" the more freedom there is for minorities. Your Christianity has stood in the way of freedom for 2,000 years and I can't tell you enough how happy I am to help hammer nails into Christianities coffin. Christianity is an abomination, it is a crime against humanity.
Song 5:4 "My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him."
Did you really read that to children in Sunday School?
Ooooooh....Rev....I think you're gonna need a few more nails.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/study-2-6-b...

Study: 2.6 Billion of World Population Expected to Be Christian by 2020

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#232577 Sep 10, 2014
Can anyone give the rev a hand?

I gotta say, the Bible nailed creation just like medical science agrees with the Bible about anal sex being an abomination.

Smile.

Sacramento, CA

#232578 Sep 10, 2014
<quoted text>
First of all, I don't talk about my
religion here. It's private. Your
interpretation of the Bible literally
is a way to make it seem evil. Yes,
if I cheated on my husband, they
would stone me. I think the Bible
and the Constitution are outdated.
I believe in God, in spite of an
outdated book, and especially
after your meaningless post.
He's a troll that goes on every topic and spits his hate for Christians. There are forums that are better suited for his hate, don't understand why it's so important for him or her to repeat the hate.
repeat

La Puente, CA

#232579 Sep 10, 2014
Put up or shut up.

Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.
Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232580 Sep 10, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>He's a troll that goes on every topic and spits his hate for Christians. There are forums that are better suited for his hate, don't understand why it's so important for him or her to repeat the hate.
Me neither,he has no control over
his rambling...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Victims of apparent triple homicide identified (Jul '08) Sat Itzmealwayz 52
News Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Aug 20 Nicolesigler27 23
News Trial begins for former Vacaville developer cha... Aug 17 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Beale airman arrested in child sex sting Aug 12 Wtf 4
Webster's, Nolan's Dads Abandon Families Aug 11 Granine Griessy 1
News Witnesses recount fatal shooting outside Chico bar (Aug '08) Aug 10 Rhee 10
News Two juveniles arraigned in the Millerberg beati... (Mar '06) Jul '16 Alyssa 8

Oroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oroville Mortgages