Chico, Oroville Boy Scout tree pickup...

Chico, Oroville Boy Scout tree pickups are Jan. 9

There are 9 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Dec 31, 2009, titled Chico, Oroville Boy Scout tree pickups are Jan. 9. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Boy Scouts in Chico and Oroville will accept Christmas trees Jan. 9 for their annual recycling projects that place trees in Lake Oroville for fish habitat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Ms Green planet

Huntington Beach, CA

#1 Dec 31, 2009
Shame on you Troop 2 for charging... phoney greeners
Be nice

Oroville, CA

#3 Jan 3, 2010
Ms Green planet wrote:
It's one of their annual fundraisers. Why begrudge them that? After all, no one has to have them pick up their tree unless they want to.
Great Job Boys

Redding, CA

#4 Feb 24, 2010
Ms Green planet wrote:
They accept donations and they pick up any trees they see, not just from those who made a donation. Helps the boys, helps keep the trees out of landfills, and helps create habitat for the fish in Lake Oroville. Great job boys!!
Scout Mom

United States

#5 Sep 16, 2010
A donation isn't a charge it's just that--a donation. If someone leaves their tree w/o a donation, it still gets picked up. And $5.00 or $10.00 to help a boy go to Scout Camp, is very helpful and such a wonderful experience for them. Shame on YOU for being such a Scrooge. However, if you leave your tree out next year, someone will still pick it up, it will still help create fish habitat and the boy scout will still be proud of what he's doing to make the world a better place. Thank you Boy Scouts!
Ateachmom

Chico, CA

#6 Dec 28, 2010
Do I call a certain number or literally put it on the curb? I want to leave them a donation for their service and time for doing a job that I do not want to do!(good job, scouts and thank you!)
Another liberal alias

Chico, CA

#7 Dec 28, 2010
Ms Greenplant probably hates the Boy Scouts for other reasons. Too bad. Good cause, good people, good program.
paradiser

Chico, CA

#8 Jan 1, 2011
When will they be in Paradise
Syrah Gallah

Chico, CA

#9 Jan 6, 2012
When are they coming to chico this year?
Love Chico

Chico, CA

#10 Jan 6, 2012
Ms Green planet wrote:
Thank you Boy Scouts.

You don't have to participate, so save your negative comments and let others appreciate some of Chico's traditions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two juveniles arraigned in the Millerberg beati... (Mar '06) Jul 15 Alyssa 8
News Father's House caught in financial pinch (Nov '08) Jul 4 Paul Libby 32
News Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Jun 29 TWP lost her mind 19
News Beale airman arrested in child sex sting Jun '16 HedonistNeo 1
any girls want to Skype? (Dec '14) May '16 useless 3
News Sticker shock Apr '16 Grandpa is a NAZI 2
News U.S. Marshals Believe Fugitive a Zombie Mikea C... Apr '16 Lucy jane 1

Oroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oroville Mortgages